Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM

I've also seen on other chat sites that it's either the 26's or 28's that have something brewing for OP once he takes up his new right of abode.

Yes, go on... What did you learn about these groups and why will they be targeting OP? :popcorn:

Personally I would tend to think that OP would be isolated from the general population in prison, and if not his family's money could easily buy him protection by/from other inmates and gangs.

Thank you for posting this link:

http://www.biznews.com/oscar-pistor...s-killer-lies-will-little-detail-nail-murder/

I cannot copy from it as it is Copyrighted, but it is well worth a read as the author reveals the killer lie from OP. The author states that she has written to the Prosecutor about OP's killer lie.

IIRC the rule here is you can copy portions of it. Just don't copy too much! No more than 10%.

Now I understand why many just post a link without posting the relevant information from the link, which I find very frustrating!

Not my sort. He looks a bit too short for me to. Looking through photos of them both he looks to be about 5ft 6in. Roux is about 6ft (judged by photos showing him alongside OP who is just over 6ft in his prostheses).

I found this in a National Newspaper in the UK. It doesn't state his height but infers he is short.

“Nel, nicknamed "the pitbull", is diminutive and pugnacious and a sharp contrast to the tall, silver-haired, urbane Roux.”

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/12/barry-roux-gerrie-nel-oscar-pistorius-trial

Interestingly, I also came across this piece of information that I did not know but it goes someway for me in explaining why "Oldbu**er" is so pompous. He has come good, but late, from quite ordinary beginnings and looks as though it has gone to his head. He seems to have a need to give an air of superiority. Something we don't see in Roux and Nel.

"Roux’s junior advocate is Kenny Oldwage who was admitted to the Johannesburg Bar in 2002, prior to that he was a police officer."

http://www.courtchatter.com/p/oscar-pistorius-players.html

MOO

bbm. oops, oldwage looking suspiciously like op's father in that link... :)

Ha. anyone who follows the SA Lions in Super rugby can cope with my posts, and will be quite at home being belted around a bit. His team is playing NZ and that's called " getting a hiding " in any language.

I am looking for an uncomfortable prison for Oscar..

I would have thought so too, but guess what Trooper, it was a very contentious 23/22 win to the Lions!!! I love to see the Kiwis lose.

Hello Barnacle. Welcome :-D

Thank you for your detailed recount regarding the shots sequence. What's your theory on the left hand fingers being grazed? Which bullet caused the left hand damage?

Thank you :-)

:facepalm: I was in the middle of a post , bemoaning the fact the I might one day live to see the day Nz loses to AU.. and then, of course, I notice your latitude and longitude. . Wellington??

Oops Budgie. I'm in Sydney so what can you expect. I thought you were one of us. Your turn will come though and you can throw it right back at me. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_hle5shsDY

Oscar Pistorius Trial: Monday 14 April 2014, Session 3 At 16:59 the truth comes out....

" I wanted to ask Reeva why she's phoning the police." 

:ohwow: What a find HFH!! Freudian slip maybe? An accidental truth from OP?

OP may well have been screaming at Reeva, but it wasn't to "get down and call the police" Quite the opposite.

Was Reeva going to call the police to report an assault? OP shot her to prevent that call?

Greetings. We're so glad you're here. You're generating a huge amount of interest here and it will only get worse. I truly don't want intrude on your superrugby so an answer at any convenient time would really be appreciated.

We know premeditated murder carries a mandatory 25 year sentence. However, if he was convicted of either murder or culpable homicide and any or all of the 3 firearms charges, is it likely that the firearms sentences would be served concurrently?

If, say, Judge Masipa felt there wasn't quite enough for premeditated murder (but felt it was very close to that) and convicted him on one of the lesser charges, would you think she would make the firearms sentences run consecutively thus putting him away for a period that could equal the 25 years for premeditated murder?

Sadly, I'm not too up to date on the sentencing. I am more involved in the merits part (guilty / not guilty) in most of the trials.

My personal opinion however and this really just an opinion, is that based on the special circumstances with Oscar, even on the charges itself, he might get off lighter than we might expect.

My gut-feel however, some while back already, would be that we would be looking at around 15 years. And taking into consideration our correctional services system and parole, he would probably serve a much shorter period...

http://www.dcs.gov.za/docs/landing/Parole public pamphlet 2012 Eng.pdf

Well it would need staff quarters for his personal psychologist because Oscar is special and needs one with him at all times.

Oooooh, don't be cruel. He's heartbroken, he's a heartbroken man. I just saw a heartbroken man. And he was crying, crying loudly. He's never cried like that before. Of course he needs his own personal psychologist and social worker and she must be of model-like appearance, blonde and young. Older women don't do it for our OP.

Thank you for posting this link:

http://www.biznews.com/oscar-pistor...s-killer-lies-will-little-detail-nail-murder/

I cannot copy from it as it is Copyrighted, but it is well worth a read as the author reveals the killer lie from OP. The author states that she has written to the Prosecutor about OP's killer lie.

Author says OP's killer lie was that he found Reeva still "breathing" (bail affi) or "struggling to breathe" (trial testimony) and cites trial evidence proving that can't be true.

Just pondering the possibility . . .

There was argument/disagreement. Reeva slept in spare bedroom. Early hours, Reeva did go to the bathroom. Oscar thought intruder . . the rest unfolds.

His hedging at times whilst on the stand possibly due to if he says they had argued etc, he'd immediately be deemed guilty??

:ohwow: What a find HFH!! Freudian slip maybe? An accidental truth from OP?

OP may well have been screaming at Reeva, but it wasn't to "get down and call the police" Quite the opposite.

Was Reeva going to call the police to report an assault? OP shot her to prevent that call?
We discussed this slip after it was said, but Nel didn't pursue it for some reason.

There was argument/disagreement. Reeva slept in spare bedroom. Early hours, Reeva did go to the bathroom. Oscar thought intruder . . the rest unfolds.

His hedging at times whilst on the stand possibly due to if he says they had argued etc, he'd immediately be deemed guilty??
BBM - Highly unlikely. If she was in the spare room, there's even less reason why he would blame an intruder, because he wouldn't have 'seen' Reeva's legs under the duvet, and 'known' she was still in bed.

Thanks to everyone that's posted Judge Greenland's commentary - I find it interesting he believes the social worker's testimony is largely inadmissible. I still honestly believe some of the decisions made by the defence team are more related to a public relations strategy than legal. It's very unlikely the judge will weigh any of her testimony for all the reasons catalogued by Greenland so the only point of it I can deduce is to sway public sentiment.

JMO

Please pardon errors as posted via Tapatalk with a less than stellar user.

Sadly, I'm not too up to date on the sentencing. I am more involved in the merits part (guilty / not guilty) in most of the trials.

My personal opinion however and this really just an opinion, is that based on the special circumstances with Oscar, even on the charges itself, he might get off lighter than we might expect.

My gut-feel however, some while back already, would be that we would be looking at around 15 years. And taking into consideration our correctional services system and parole, he would probably serve a much shorter period...

http://www.dcs.gov.za/docs/landing/Parole public pamphlet 2012 Eng.pdf

Hi Barnacle. Regarding the shots sequence, which do you think accounted for Reeva's finger damage/grazing on her left hand? The shot that missed? Thanks.

I still awaiting the lack of blood on the toilet walls.. It's strange to me

But OP helpfully added that new "Can't you sleep, my baba?" from Reeva at trial.

Thanks to everyone that's posted Judge Greenland's commentary - I find it interesting he believes the social worker's testimony is largely inadmissible. I still honestly believe some of the decisions made by the defence team are more related to a public relations strategy than legal. It's very unlikely the judge will weigh any of her testimony for all the reasons catalogued by Greenland so the only point of it I can deduce is to sway public sentiment.

JMO

Please pardon errors as posted via Tapatalk with a less than stellar user.

I chuckled hearing very dignified Judge Greenland describe his reaction to the social worker evidence as feeling "dumbfounded" - "confounded" - "bemused" and "gobsmacked" (my fave) .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow