Trial Discussion Thread #36 - 14.05.09 Day 29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But OP helpfully added that new "Can't you sleep, my baba?" from Reeva at trial.

Thanks. Yes that's what I mean. He wants to create stuff that puts her in his bedroom to discount the fact she MAY have been in the spare room - he doesn't want any innocent falling out/arguing to be highlighted, which he presumes will lead incorrectly to premeditated murder.

Considering possibilities/options . . . Frustrating . .

The time line is important in terms of the screams yes, but more specifically, the defence wants it to be in a single rapid burst to show it was more of a panic...

With Mangena we had Bang...BangBangBang, with Wollie and defence BangBangBangBang. Neither of these explain the differences in position of the deceased...
Now to give you my personal description based on what was heard in testimony so far.

1. First shot hits A on door and hits Reeva's hip (height matches) cannot wish it away. Fixed.
2. Reeva does not collapse as suggested (remember she can have most of her weight on the left leg) and moves to the left, far enough for the second bullet, through B to miss her and strike E. The bullet passes however close enough to her forearm for wood splinters to cause the marks there. As she is still close to the door, between the toilet itself and the door. The bullet ricochets of E, strikes F then hits her back with much less energy to only cause a bruise and falls into the toilet.
3. She then starts to fall backwards, as she tries to place some weight onto the right leg, but it buckles and number three hits her arm.
4. Still going down number four is the head shot.

Therefore... Bang...(slight delay and screaming)... Bang... (More screaming as she goes down)... BangBang (rather quick succession while falling to strike the arm and the head). C and D is also quite close together on the door, similar to a double-tap...

How come you haven't been called to the stand? You should be!

:floorlaugh:

I was just about to suggest that Barnacle contacts Gerrie and offers to be a surprise witness like the social worker lady.

Oh my !!!!
It does sound like he said that too?
Why did Nel not jump on that ?
he would have been met by denial..Nel cleverly left it hang in there the judges im sure would have heard it and it's on record now

Oooooh, don't be cruel. He's heartbroken, he's a heartbroken man. I just saw a heartbroken man. And he was crying, crying loudly. He's never cried like that before. Of course he needs his own personal psychologist and social worker and she must be of model-like appearance, blonde and young. Older women don't do it for our OP.

BIB. I would love to tell you exactly what I'm thinking about how he is getting along with the 'older' psychologist that he has presently, but that would be deemed far too risqué for this forum. Lets just say that OP does not have a problem with older women holding him and stroking his head! LOL!!!

Just pondering the possibility . . .

There was argument/disagreement. Reeva slept in spare bedroom. Early hours, Reeva did go to the bathroom. Oscar thought intruder . . the rest unfolds.

His hedging at times whilst on the stand possibly due to if he says they had argued etc, he'd immediately be deemed guilty??

The spare bedroom has its own en suite bathroom, so she would have no reason to use his.

Sadly, I'm not too up to date on the sentencing. I am more involved in the merits part (guilty / not guilty) in most of the trials.

My personal opinion however and this really just an opinion, is that based on the special circumstances with Oscar, even on the charges itself, he might get off lighter than we might expect.

My gut-feel however, some while back already, would be that we would be looking at around 15 years. And taking into consideration our correctional services system and parole, he would probably serve a much shorter period...

http://www.dcs.gov.za/docs/landing/Parole public pamphlet 2012 Eng.pdf

Some sort of medical parole outlined in #20 or housing in a medical facility seems likely to me with OP claiming his stumps require special care not available in prison.

Does OP stay out on bail until all charges have been argued in court? Considering he was on bail for murder(which is odd)...I'm just wondering.
Also, if found guilty of all four (Moider + 3x firearm related charges)are the sentences for each served concurrently?

This has been discussed before. Yes, it seems even with a murder conviction you can have bail.

Just pondering the possibility . . .

There was argument/disagreement. Reeva slept in spare bedroom. Early hours, Reeva did go to the bathroom. Oscar thought intruder . . the rest unfolds.

His hedging at times whilst on the stand possibly due to if he says they had argued etc, he'd immediately be deemed guilty??

The 2nd bedroom has it's own en-suite according to the floor plan's.

BIB. I would love to tell you exactly what I'm thinking about how he is getting along with the 'older' psychologist that he has presently, but that would be deemed far too risqué for this forum. Lets just say that OP does not have a problem with older women holding him and stroking his head! LOL!!!

I read a story from his prep school coach about how, when OP didn't make the team (rugby iirc), he came and sat beside the coach and rested his head on his shoulder and begged him to reconsider, which he did ... and thought how odd that scenario from a teenage boy sounded to me. OP learned early how to cultivate pity and use it to his advantage.

I read a story from his prep school coach about how, when OP didn't make the team (rugby iirc), he came and sat beside the coach and rested his head on his shoulder and begged him to reconsider, which he did ... and thought how odd that scenario from a teenage boy sounded to me. OP learned early how to cultivate pity and use it to his advantage.

Did the prep school coach then take OP in to his arms and stroke OPs head? :wink:

Wonder if he will try that with the judge after she read's her verdict.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_hle5shsDY

Oscar Pistorius Trial: Monday 14 April 2014, Session 3 At 16:59 the truth comes out....

"I wanted to ask Reeva why she's phoning the police." 

I'm glad this one has come back up for renewed discussion. I have listened to it several times now and each time I'm getting what sounds like a short word beginning with "h" between "why" and "she's". This leaves me unsure of exactly what he was saying. Can anyone fill in that blank or tell me I'm as deaf as Woollie?
Certainly that statement looks very bad for OP but the conveniently blurred articulation might get him off the hook. If for instance he meant to say, "I wanted to ask Reeva whether [or if] she was phoning the police," this might save his bacon.

Excellent post ty.

It must also be stressed the prosecution has 5 witnesses to a woman screaming which added to the bang........bang bang bang they heard is the winning hand at the moment.

The defence has bang bang bang bang and absolutely nothing else IMO.

They cannot and have not got rid of Reeva screaming.

One of my biggest issues regarding Reeva screaming is the multi-pronged approach by the defence, seemingly changing, depending on whose been testifying.

First, it was implied during Burger's testimony that the head shot was first and precluded Reeva from ever screaming at all. Then it was suggested that it was Oscar screaming like a woman (but some witnesses also heard a man yelling at the same time). And all the experts agree Reeva was shot in the hip first. Then the defence produces witnesses who heard a high-pitched man that was never confused for a woman, crying, not screaming. (And before we devolve into a semantics game of crying vs. screaming, it was Roux himself to use the argument in cross that the nearest neighbour never heard screaming but did hear crying. Roux thereby suggests there is obviously a difference between the two.)

All JMO

Please pardon errors as posted via Tapatalk with a less than stellar user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow