Trial Discussion Thread #37 - 14.05.12 Day 30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nel makes it quite obvious W and Dixon didn't re-create the toilet crime scene before concluding their final report.

Roux: Crickets

Mr W says that the best way to understand is to go to the firing range and experience it ourselves.

Roux steps down.

Long pause.

I'm hoping the psychologist is coming on after Wollie.

Someone asked about OP’s aunt. She has a doctorate in psychology, but also …

“Pistorius’ aunt, Micki Pistorius, is a criminal profiler who claims to have extrasensory powers that help her to detect killers. “

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...cousin-poisoned-kids-killed-article-1.1273799

“The author of Profiling Serial Killers and other crimes in South Africa and a string of other works on the motives and psychology of murderers, she has opposed long custodial sentences in some serious crime cases.

A noted eccentric during her time as a lecturer at the University of Pretoria, she would encircle herself on the library floor with Freud and Jung books because "circles have magic powers" that helped her to absorb knowledge”.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...r-pistorius-case-she-is-his-aunt-8508750.html

In her memoir Catch Me A Killer Dr Pistorius claims to have extra-sensory perception, being able to pick up vibes without using the five normal senses. She calls this gift "cryptesthesia" a term she prefers to "psychic, which to me conjures up the image of a gypsy with a crystal ball or a cup of tea leaves."

Thought you'd like it.

I thought she sounded a little "nutty". At the hospital where I worked we had four psychiatrists, only one of whom did I consider to be functioning in a "normal" mode. Three were decidedly odd. However, the psychologists were all pretty sound. I have great concerns with social workers though. My opinion is that they mean well but they often cannot see the wood for the trees.

Can someone explain what this tweet means?

Karyn Maughan @karynmaughan
And here we go. Roux indicates defense wants to ask for inspection in loco - ie court goes to OPhouse @eNCAnews

Roux wants an adjournment. Doesn't think witness is here after all.

Judge: Well someone has just come in.

The court camera is really blurry, yes?....god Lord another recess from Roux?.....M'Lady doesn't want to

And here we go. Roux indicates defense wants to ask for inspection in loco - ie court goes to OPhouse @eNCAnews

I think it means "on location" -- W was basically inviting the court (judge/assessors) to go to a shooting range and hear for themselves the sounds etc. He said he himself could set this up.

I'm hoping the psychologist is coming on after Wollie.

Someone asked about OP’s aunt. She has a doctorate in psychology, but also …

“Pistorius’ aunt, Micki Pistorius, is a criminal profiler who claims to have extrasensory powers that help her to detect killers. “

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...cousin-poisoned-kids-killed-article-1.1273799

“The author of Profiling Serial Killers and other crimes in South Africa and a string of other works on the motives and psychology of murderers, she has opposed long custodial sentences in some serious crime cases.

A noted eccentric during her time as a lecturer at the University of Pretoria, she would encircle herself on the library floor with Freud and Jung books because "circles have magic powers" that helped her to absorb knowledge”.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...r-pistorius-case-she-is-his-aunt-8508750.html

In her memoir Catch Me A Killer Dr Pistorius claims to have extra-sensory perception, being able to pick up vibes without using the five normal senses. She calls this gift "cryptesthesia" a term she prefers to "psychic, which to me conjures up the image of a gypsy with a crystal ball or a cup of tea leaves."

Thought you'd like it.

REALLY? You can't make this stuff up.

Dr Foster next up. Has her report and CV, which are being tendered.

R: Milady, if I can just have one moment?

Paper shuffle shuffle....

Wolmarans has offered to redo the cricket bat and gunshot test so the court can conduct an on site inspection.

I can't believe it took so long for W to pack up and get off the stand ... he didn't have any documents or anything with him!

.. and off he went, trundling along with his suitcase again :floorlaugh:

Roux calling Wollie is especially odd given an equally qualified ballistics fellow on the DT - Jannie Van der Westhuizen, whom WW and Dixon both mentioned as accompanying them on various of their visits/tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CindyW1974