Trial Discussion Thread #37 - 14.05.12 Day 30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oscars got sleepyitus too.... yawning already!

Nel showed a splinter near toilet.

W: It fell...or it could have been from a blow from the cricket bat. Without energy lift.

Nel queries the lack of any energy lift, 'you can't say that', and W says he can't disagree. Nel couldn't quite believe he got agreement that easily and asked him to repeat.

Talking about sound now. W says 'They've even enhanced the sound for me, with my hearing problem. I still can't hear the background noise.'

Wollie couldn't hear the "frog" sounds on the shooting range, but later mentions crickets.

N: Any reason you didn't repeat the sound tests on that night?

W gives a rambling reply mentioning crickets and frogs and repeats he couldn't hear anything.

N: Before you did the second test, people had already mentioned the background noises?

W: I think that's what I meant.

nel.. as far as the experiment with the cricket bat, and gun.. at the range.. the first experiment, 21 march... why did you repeat it?? do a second test ?

Woll. I gave evidence, the first firearm I used , in my view.. was not friendly.. I couldn't fire it rapidly. or at all.. oh yes, one at a time, I reloaded manualy. on the 21st.

Woll. on the 9th, it was to report on rapid fire.

Nel. did it have anything to do with background noise??

Woll. well. they even enhanced the sound for me, but with mhy problem, I still couldn't hear it.

Nel. why the delay in the tests??

Woll.. I cant say why it was.. I think. er. if we can go back. I am just thinking. . um.. the first was on a Friday?? then a weekend?? then I .. um. I had other things to do as well. this isn't the only case I am involved with. it was convenient for me

Nel. any reason why you didn't repeat the bat sounds on the Friday night??

Wol. even on the shooting range, I couldn't hear the bat sounds. I just couldn't hear it. there were cicadas in the background.. frogs.. , something. .

Woll.. somebody made it for me, in Afrikaans. bird sounds, of some sort.. .

Nel. before you re did the test.. people were commenting on the background noise??

Woll. we didn't repeat both experiments on the night. first thing, the door was already broken.. as I said, I am not a sound expert.. I didn't think it would make any difference. I have the sound of the bat, I needed to get the rapid fire sounds.. I needed to get the gun to fire rapidly..

Oh for goodness sake, how long is this going to go on about crickets, frogs and bird noises .. what was that field trip, a natural history one? :facepalm:

Nel still going on about why a second test was not done and W just holds up his hands: 'If I made a mistake, I'm sorry. I'm not a sound expert'.

Nel also asks if he kows what some thing else means;

W: I don't know. I haven't got a clue.

W "I don't know what it means, I haven't got a clue"

:facepalm:

This is unbearable ..

Now showing a photo of gun shot residue. Nel says how Dixon thought it was a pic of splinter pattern test.

W: (laughing) That just goes to show Mr Dixon is not a ballistic expert!

Nel shows photo of striation marks on back bruise, asks if W knows he is disagreeing with Cpt Botha?

W: ...I'd say Cpt Botha is not a toolmark examiner...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay