Trial Discussion Thread #37 - 14.05.12 Day 30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Roux has gone on to toilet doors slamming and windows opening/facts and saying that has nothing to do with section 78???

Lost me there....

He is saying that the windows and doors actually moved / made the noises.
OP did not hear the noises only in his own head (the voices made me do it).

This is a massive backfire for DT.

N: This is a strange application- Mr Roux called the witness, now he says he wants to change the view of my witness...milady, what we are dealing with here is section 78, not 'the facts'. This is it.

Judge: He has the right to reexamine the witness.

N: But he wants to do it now!

Judge: What's wrong with that?

Nel concedes that's okay. But Roux back, saying Nel must finish his cross, then bring an application later (at some unspecified date?).

Roux.. we are going into the wrong procedure.. we should be calling this witness back and ...

Nel is up. She testified.. I X-examined. she made concession. . now mr Roux wants her to change her deposition. page 9 of her report says the levels of his anxiety were factors in his inability to distinguish right or wrong.. it places the court in the invidious position of being obliged to sort this out. ..

Judge says, mr Roux has the right to re x-examine his witness....

Nel says. I don't have any problem if he reaximines at this stage.. I will bring the section 77 and then re cross examination.

ROUX .. well we can do this, but we don't need to have an 77 applied for. we don't say , she doesn't say, he didn't know right from wrong.. now ROUX is s bit stuck for what he wants so urgently to say.. so urgently. very fast..

Whats' really interesting here is that this is between Nel and Roux, OP is a pawn right now in this brilliant legal chess game.

Roux talking very fast, talking about 'facts, facts, facts'. Like Mr Gradgrind out of Dicken's Hard Times.

He is saying that the windows and doors actually moved / made the noises.
OP did not hear the noises only in his own head (the voices made me do it).

This is a massive backfire for DT.

hahaha
although the only one that heard the window and door was op.
it could have all been in his head...

the problem for the pathological liar.

I wonder if I can tell my boss I need to leave work early (i.e. NOW!) as I'm missing an important part of a trial I've been following?!?
Don't say that, you're likely to get sacked. Totally plausible though you have a relatively rare, life-threatening condition called trialitis. The only known treatment is a full course of testimony.

If you cough a lot first, and say trialitis really quickly, your boss may buy it. ;)

Judge.. is there a problem ( to Nel ) .. with this witness??

Nel. if the court decides to put Mr P under mental observation re 77 I don't have a problem. I will be guided by the courts decision. .. the importance of this witness .. we have argued up and down I don't want to waste your time, Mr Roux can x-examine, I have no prejudice..

Judge, are you sure about this??

Nel. I am not that sure about it, that's true ,but .. I do need time to study this report more, may I have 10 mins.

court will adjourn.

I wonder if I can tell my boss I need to leave work early (i.e. NOW!) as I'm missing an important part of a trial I've been following?!?

Get in an application for compassionate leave quick-like :scared:

Nel says he needs to know if the court is going to refer OP or not, before he finishes with the witness, but because he does not want to waste court time, he will concede he is finished with the witness now.

A psychologist behind him told him he could safely finish with DR V now, but Judge doesn't want to be unfair to Nel and has given him a break to think about it.

I think Roux desperately wants Nel forced to finish with witness now, so he can't ask her any more damaging questions.

Roux has gone on to toilet doors slamming and windows opening/facts and saying that has nothing to do with section 78???

Lost me there....

I think he's basically trying to say OP only has certain aspects of a mental disorder when it fits his testimony.

Aaaaarrgghhh flamin' Nora......lost my Telegraph feed one minute ago!, where are we at please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oakes