Trial Discussion Thread #37 - 14.05.12 Day 30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess saying this has been an interesting session is an understatement? :D

Roux talking very fast, talking about 'facts, facts, facts'. Like Mr Gradgrind out of Dicken's Hard Times.

yep, he is really throwing everything he has at this... anyone get the feeling the whole defence team knows what op's reaction to going for assessment will be [more ballistic than wollie, imo]

Regardless if Nel finishes with witness today or not, he says he is determined to bring the application to get OP committed for three days. (or 30. Not sure I heard right).

I wish someone had accidentally left the feed on in court - I'd love to hear what's going on there now, and what people are saying....

i am wondering if Nel is taking it too far. Is GAD really something that requires a mental health referral to hospital?

Nel is just not going to have it that the State pursued a mentally ill man.. either he is, or he isn't, but nothing is moving until that's decided..

i am wondering if Nel is taking it too far. Is GAD really something that requires a mental health referral to hospital?
If it is being used as part of a defence against a murder charge then I'd think yes. Hope so anyway.

This seems a bit like the scene in A Few Good Men where Col Nathan Jessop says he ordered the code red and the trial has to stop.

Regardless if Nel finishes with witness today or not, he says he is determined to bring the application to get OP committed for three days. (or 30. Not sure I heard right).

I heard 3 days

yep, he is really throwing everything he has at this... anyone get the feeling the whole defence team knows what op's reaction to going for assessment will be [more ballistic than wollie, imo]

I agree he is not going to want an assessment but I do think one should be done so there are no grounds for appeal if he is convicted.

I think the psychiatrist has made some interesting concessions which Roux is very keen to rectify through re examination. Interesting to see if Nel concludes or continues with his cross....really gripping.

Really? Oh wow. OP is going to blow a gasket at that.

Do any locals know where he will be sent?

the first thing that happens is his bail is revoked, starting from the instant that section 77 78 is signed.

Really? Oh wow. OP is going to blow a gasket at that.

Do any locals know where he will be sent?

The whoop channel said it would be a different place from where Dewani is. I didn't catch the name of the facility though.

Yes.... Continuously over 2 meetings lol

the dt really look like being victims of their own 'tailoring'. waiting until the last minute to introduce witnesses, and then the witnesses are not well prepared.

2 meetings seems far too brief to be making these assessments.

I have to point out: Last but one person whose phone went off in court, was sent out in disgrace by Judge M. Nel managed to escape with a smile and wry reminder....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia