Trial Discussion Thread #37 - 14.05.12 Day 30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The whoop channel said it would be a different place from where Dewani is. I didn't catch the name of the facility though.

dewani is in Capetown. Oscar will be sent to a forensic ( criminal forensic ) ward, in Pretoria..

the first thing that happens is his bail is revoked, starting from the instant that section 77 78 is signed.
Plus she testified that someone like him would be dangerous so maybe no more bail for him.

i am wondering if Nel is taking it too far. Is GAD really something that requires a mental health referral to hospital?

That's not really the point. If defence wants that to be taken into account and use it as part off the defence, then he's dangerous and shouldn't be out on bail..

So because of this part, I think we can now forget about any more about him ever saying it was accidental finger slipping or anything...

"he wanted to shoot an intruder, and his deep remorse is because he shot Reeva and not an intruder??

Vos. yes. "

So not an accident at all. She agreed.

:party:

If you are only reading this thread, and not actually watching todays of testimony, you absolutely must find a video link later today and watch this! It's been absolutely amazing!!!

OP is going to be carted off to a psychiatric ward for three (3) days of observation. Roux really messed up big-time by bringing this psychiatrist.

Also, Nel almost laughed out loud and called this OP's "Third Defense!"

OP has never looked less anxious in court than he does today. He's replaced last week's broken man look, for this week's comatose man look.

Regarding Roux's mention of window opening/slamming etc I think he means it doesn't mean Oscar's unstable/connected to GAD. If Oscar had heard nothing then began shooting, he's suggesting being sectioned would be more plausible???

This is going to be the end of session....Nel needs time to prepare, if it is the last opporunity he'll get to cross witness.

They're gone.

whoa.. Nel is back he kindly asks for an adjournment, roux is unhappily agreeing. the witness has agreed to come back to morrow.

all over for the day. .. I need a large cup of harden the ****** up to cope with typing this TENSION out.

So because of this part, I think we can now forget about any more about him ever saying it was accidental finger slipping or anything...

"he wanted to shoot an intruder, and his deep remorse is because he shot Reeva and not an intruder??

Vos. yes. "

So not an accident at all. She agreed.

I noticed that. I expected Nel to pounce. Do you think he's reserved it for later or just didn't notice?

In South Africa?

Yep, 30 days in SA. The trial stops dead until the report comes back. If shown that the accused is not fit, it all stays on hold until he is.

It will be in a state hospital Witkoppies or Sterkfontein, which have good doctors, but have deteriorated badly over the last few years.

Dewani is at Valkenberg in Cape Town, just finished his first 30 days and was in Court today. OP is about to shack up with the most disturbed people in town!

I personally think Nel is just being an SOB to teach Roux and OP a legal lesson for bringing to court someone with no real value to the facts of the night in question.
As he said, his case of Dolus Eventualis is already proved based on her acceptance that the steps OP took that night constitute deliberate action towards shooting someone, in FULL knowledge of right or wrong.

I doubt the judge will send him, but OP is sh--ting his pants right now.

This witness should have come to court at sentencing.

Roux just smacked both hands down hard on the side of the lecturn!
Really. I've just been listening and reading as the streaming was crashing my computer so am looking fwd to all the 'big moments'. Suck eggs Oscar - your own witness dropped you in it for Dolus eventualis if I've understood this correctly.

what a day of tremendous legal sword fighting and rapier work..

you cant go wrong for sheer intrigue when you mix a psychiatrist with a 2 barristers.. it just doesn't get more intense than that.

What an epic own goal, defence psychiatrist just took this to dolus eventualis.

Regarding Roux's mention of window opening/slamming etc I think he means it doesn't mean Oscar's unstable/connected to GAD. If Oscar had heard nothing then began shooting, he's suggesting being sectioned would be more plausible???

Correct. And he has a clear memory of events.
This witness should have been called during the sentencing phase.

OP has never looked less anxious in court than he does today. He's replaced last week's broken man look, for this week's comatose man look.

And coincidentally, that coincides with the defence psychiatrist mentioning the 'flat' effect the shooting has caused him, that made his remorse and feelings so genuine to her.....

Yep, 30 days in SA. The trial stops dead until the report comes back. If shown that the accused is not fit, it all stays on hold until he is.

It will be in a state hospital Witkoppies or Sterkfontein, which have good doctors, but have deteriorated badly over the last few years.

Dewani is at Valkenberg in Cape Town, just finished his first 30 days and was in Court today. OP is about to shack up with the most disturbed people in town!

I personally think Nel is just being an SOB to teach Roux and OP a legal lesson for bringing to court someone with no real value to the facts of the night in question.
As he said, his case of Dolus Eventualis is already proved based on her acceptance that the steps OP took that night constitute deliberate action towards shooting someone, in FULL knowledge of right or wrong.

I doubt the judge will send him, but OP is sh--ting his pants right now.

This witness should have come to court at sentencing.

Thank you very much for clarifying that, and what it means for the trial. Amazing stuff!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia