Trial Discussion Thread #37 - 14.05.12 Day 30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At long last something substantial .. Nel getting him to confirm what he said last week, i.e. that the magazine rack did not cause the striations on the back wound and which goes against the DT view.

missed a bit there.. apols.. mainly about the re doing of the test, Woll explaining why he didn't do it the same night.. . no particular reason.

Nel.. having been at the ballistics lab.. ( woll answers before Nel finishes the question a lot so there is a lot of double voices at the end of each sentence..

Woll. now this photo. this is how we know Dixon isn't a ballistic expert. because this is splintering from the door..

Nel=... I am jumping around a bit, just ask me to repeat a question if its a bit jumpy..

Woll. about the striation. Woll just cannot see it ,he has looked. he csnt see it..

Nel puts it to him, he is contradicting Proff Saaayman.. Proff Botha, too.

Woll. I have the greatest respect for both of them. from Durban and Capetown.. I cant say why I don't agree with them. I

Nel we asked you on Friday if you met with Mr Dixon.

Woll. that's correct, I did. one or two times. I did meet with him..

Nel. you said there might have been other meetings?? at restaurant Jocks??

Woll. oh yes. I don't dispute that. yes, I did.. a less formal meeting , a dinner meeting. might have been lunch. we had a ( little laugh..) I wanted a pork chop but we both had steak instead..

W has worked with professors and has high respect but Botha isn't a toolmark examiner. W met with Dixon after he gave evidence. Met with him once or twice, including the day after he testified.
Nel asks is there was a meeting with Dixon at ? Jocks. It was an informal meeting. It was a dinner meeting, possibly lunch but thinks it was dinner. Wollie wanted a pork chop but they both had a T-bone steak.

Onto the beers W had with Cpt Dixon.

N: Was there a meeting at restaurant Jocks?

W: Yes there was, a dinner meeting...I can still remember I-I wanted a pork chop and they didn't have one...

N: That was on 26 March...

W: I can't dispute it.

Oh blimey .. W is telling us about what he ate when he met with Dixon at 'Jocks'!! (pork chop .. they didn't have T bone steak ) :facepalm: :floorlaugh:

I'm so sorry but pork chops had me busting out in laughter! Only in this case!

I can't believe this is supposed to be a murder trial :facepalm: :banghead:

W met with Dixon on 2 occasions when they discussed Dixon's evidence. General discussion on the 26th March. Can't remember what it was all about.

N: After the experiment on the 8th Nov were you happy bullet hole A hit the deceased in right hip and she was standing upright?

W agrees he was and is.

I bet Mr W really enjoyed the food when he worked in Germany you know....

Nel seems to be going a little gently with Wollie. I think he realises he has a very poor memory and I genuinely think he has. Age has not been kind to him in that respect.I don't get the feeling Wollie is being intentionally obstructive.

N: If B missed, she must have fallen somewhere?

W: She must have fallen? With her right hip destroyed? It would depend where her left foot was...

Morning all! Again almost glad I'm stuck at work with no live feed at this rate!
Although this talk of T bone steaks and pork chops is making me feel hungry waaaay too early.

Nel: For B to miss she must have fallen somewhere
W: Her hip must have been destroyed and this would influence how she fell.
Nel: We can exclude that if she fell flat to the floor, this wouldn't make sense.
W. Doesn't think she fell straight down.

Nel. on these occasions, did you discuss the evidence in the case??

Woll. we just had . a discussion, I don't dispute it, it was just a discussion. just a chat. nothing formal.. merely exchanging views. I cant remember really.

Nel. well I wont press you on that.. can I ask. on the experimient 8 th nov. after that one were you at least happy, that bullet hole A hit the dec in the right hip. yes??

Wol. yes, I am still happy with that.

Nel. so. we have bullet hole A. hits the right hip. she is upright in front of the door.

Woll. Agreed. maybe a little bit bend over in front of the door.

Nel.. and also.. n the reconstruction. she has to get her head down to the level of the bullet hole..

Woll. yes. yes.. she does.. ( suddenly in tears here. honestly. its awful ) .
nel. you agree Capt mungeena was correct in his reconstruction. re bullet A. .bullet d (?) ..

Woll. yes. she was upright, she must have fallen. her right hip destroyed.. she would have fallen instantly.

Nel.. if she fell flat to the floor, that wouldn't make sense would it. it wouldn't account for the head or the arm shot..

Woll. no. I don't understand how that could be...

Nel. so captain mungeenas reconstruction is correct..

Woll. I just don't know, its all possible..

Nel. what we have to take into account is how high the bullet holes were ?

Woll. 197.. 198?? ( centimeters this is .. all of it will be in cmts.. )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member