Trial Discussion Thread #38 - 14.05.13 Day 31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Roux thought he could sneak this in and use it as a basis for appeal later. He never thought Nel would jump on it and make an application. It's backfired on the DT big time.

N: I have had an opp to consult handbooks...I couldn't find a definition of mental illness, but there is a case, the Supreme Court of Appeal....

Nel quotes a para that says any court case with an accused with mental illness where there has not been an expert diagnosis is 'futile'.

Nel saying a psychiatric assessment where assessors have all the evidence, including OP's versions.

June Steenkamp just gave a really big smile to the person sitting next to her when Nel said "The accused has now given us three versions".

N: The accused has now furnished us with three versions...we say at this stage, the court is certainly entitled to know what the accused's defence is...

N: Based on the evidence, at least Mr R will not argue they are abandoning diminished responsibility and that should be taken into account...

Is OP making notes or just head down with glasses on?

Writing his new book but only because I doubt he's playing Farmville, perhaps Solitaire though...

Edit: this buffering is really getting annoying!

N: Dr V argued he is a danger to himself and others and should not be allowed to own a firearm....

I keep losing my feed!!!

Although I think he should be assessed, it's going to be awful for Reeva's family to wait even longer.

My withdrawal symptoms will kick in too ;)

JS is smiling, I believe she's in court today for this, Nel would have advised her of this.

Writing his new book but only because I doubt he's playing Farmville, perhaps Solitaire though...

Ah, is that what it's called? V annoying, anyway. I missed what judge just asked then.

I'm so glad it's not just need!

JS is smiling, I believe she's in court today for this, Nel would have advised her of this.

if Nel gets this, Oscar is kissing his bail goodbye for the duration of his trial however long it takes, now..

Nel is setting out to the judge in no uncertain terms why he thinks OP's case has 'passed the test' for ordering a psych evaluation. He says there is a 'low' threshold for an order of referral.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia