Trial Discussion Thread #38 - 14.05.13 Day 31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all, from a miserable Cape Town..even Table Mountain is under a blanket of fog and invisible!

Conceal our anxiety?? BS. If it's that's bad, as bad as she says, you CAN'T conceal it.

N: You referred to 3 statements you received (he names people. I only caught the name of Binge). Are they the only 3 you received?

V: Yes.

(I think they are all from family members?)

Morning all from the breezy Channel Islands .Waiting for the sun to shine through the clouds today .( trying to be optimistic )

V:...he moved to a housing estate where he thought he'd be more secure, but after he found out there had been burglaries there, he had burglar alarms, dogs, locked himself in his bedroom at night....he informed me he intended to move to Joburg where he could have a house with a gatehouse....I thought the measures he took were more than the average South African would take.

Vos.. a long pause) ... I .. I really cant say it does it may impact on ones capacity to live a normal life.. one has to look at the impact of the diagnosis on the individual. a person with a very severe disorder ,may be incapacitated from getting to work, no amount of time is enough, getting up earlier and \earilier to get to work . etc.

nel. in this particular instance, there is no evidence the accused was incapacitated to that extent?.

Vos. no. he was able to function as an athlete at a high level. HE CONTROLLED HIS STRESS...

Nel. but you made your evidence yesterday, that his disorder, on his version, is relevant..

Vos. it may be relevant, its for the court to decide..

~snipped~

BIB (and capitalized by me) .. well then how does she actually know if he suffers from GAD? .. she's just making it up that he has this. The vast majority of the human race get anxious about doing things .. you wouldn't be human if you didn't .. and that's exactly what the vast majority of people do is control their anxiety because, basically, they have to! She is really trying to make something more than it really is here.

Hey, hasn't OP told some people he was moving to Joburg to be near Reeva, and now has told doc it was for security?

Anyone got a strong feed in the UK. My usual Telegraph one ain't working and Wildabouttrial one is very fuzzy!

Have you got Sky news because I am watching the live coverage there on the red button?

Did anyone ever come up with an answer about the mechanism Uncle Aurthur wears. I assume it amplifies sound. My question is, where can I get one?

Dr V: “He informed me that he intended to move from that housing estate, becauase he no longer felt safe. He was in the process of purchasing a house in Johannesburg…”

He may have “locked the bedroom door” but Pistorius testified he:

• could not be sure if the contractors had disabled his outside alarms as they had done so before
  • leaves thousands and thousands of dollars of watches in plane sight and easily accessible
  • leaves his car in the driveway and not in the garage, something few South Africans who own cars would do
  • leaves a ladder on the ground outside his house
  • has a broken window downstairs
  • has his bathroom windows unlocked and easy to open
  • sleeps with his full length sliding doors open
  • owns dogs he says are friendly and gentle

He is the opposite of concerned about his safety from his own testimony.

Hi all! I see our snacks and drinks are ready. I am grabbing that yummy red one, I get to celebrate as I had my Bachelor of Education graduation today! :) Now I am on pins and needles waiting to see what happens from yesterdays session.

Congratulations sweetcaro!!!!

:balloons:
:fireworks:
:dance:

V:...he moved to a housing estate where he thought he'd be more secure, but after he found out there had been burglaries there, he had burglar alarms, dogs, locked himself in his bedroom at night....he informed me he intended to move to Joburg where he could have a house with a gatehouse....I thought the measures he took were more than the average South African would take.

.. and he slept with his balcony doors open :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member