Trial Discussion Thread #38 - 14.05.13 Day 31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he is an excellent defense attorney, saddled with an obnoxious, guilty, arrogant client.

It's hard to make chicken salad out of chicken turds. I'd feel bad for him but he choose to take the money. He didn't have to look the fool on the world stage for a month. I wonder how much that would be worth? Dignity, everyone has their price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This GAD is something to behold .... The level so finely tuned ... Enough to make him fearful but not high enough to get him evaluated .

Scared, but uninjured. Up for adoption at the Contra Costa Animal Services shelter in California. Probably adopted by now. Sweet little doggy.

Please tell us how he managed to get up on that cement barrier?! And what is that cop holding in his left hand?

I have been hanging out here at WS too long. :smile:

"You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear"

That's the most common expression in southeast U.S. Other regional equivalents?

Keep your hopes up, but... Yesterday Judge Masipa said that Mr. Nel cannot bring his application until after Roux has his opportunity to complete his redirect of V.

What hopes ? I have no "hopes" one way or t'other, just interested in the legal process. And from what I perceived yesterday, My Lady was not keen on such an application but whether that was because it would put the court's time scheduling out or because she didn't see the merits, which in any case would be for Roux and Nel to argue before her, IDK.

My Channel 4 feed hasn't even taken me back into the courtroom after the teabreak yet .. let alone the next adjournment .. I think someone forgot to flick the switch! :facepalm:

The 'big moment' is coming up next I would think. Will they? Or won't they? I'm not convinced that anything from Dr V has really changed from yesterday.

Strange that Nel didn't seem to clarify where they got to yesterday, unless I missed it.

Please tell us how he managed to get up on that cement barrier?! And what is that cop holding in his left hand?

I have been hanging out here at WS too long. :smile:

O/T I guess some terrible person left him there and the cop's holding part of his lunch for the dog, just in case it wants to bite him....which you can tell just by looking it's not going to do.

Why oh why does Roux need another adjournment?? They were just out for 30 mins, he couldn't get organised in that time? Ugh

I have lost all respect for Roux, this is his witness & he comes back from a long break then 5 mins later asks for a 10 min adjournment to prepare.

R: There was ref to DMS 5 and I think that should be put in context, Dr?

V explains what the manual is and that's not what R wants. Dr finally gets it and reads a bit that says the DMS 'should not be used for forensic purposes'.

roux, i only have one copy. ffs surely he knows there are 2 other assessors.

Dr still reading from DMS why it shouldn't be used in crime cases/court.

Roux has produced a doc 'which I only have one copy...I can make more copies if required...'

I didn't even hear him say what the doc is. Is he reading from it?

So he's arguing against his own witness now? What a gong show!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This whole thing about being cautious in using the DMS V for forensics was not written for a judge. It was written for the clinician. It was HER responsibility not to testify.

PLUS the DMS V is used ALL the time for ALL matters because it is the "go-to" reference for ALL mental illnesses.

Roux is trying very hard to back peddle... sounds to me like if OP doesn't qualify for further testing, by unbiased "experts" that will take info from all sources, then it should be tossed out.

R:....what I'm saying my lady is it's not a mental illness in terms of the crim procedure act..

V: yes, that's what I said

(So I guess Roux was reading from the Dr's report?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yappychappy