Trial Discussion Thread #38 - 14.05.13 Day 31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Roux wants to know why state didn't call a psychiatrist.

This is just a ruse to get a 2nd opinion. There's no value in that (?)

WTF? YES THERE IS!!

ML needs to say, "Mr. Roux, restrain yourself."

Roux is not making any case law references. He just just arguing the statute.

Wow, looks like OP's sister is wondering what Roux's problem is... perhaps the "family" feels a referral for observation at the least wouldn't hurt? They could all probably do with a break from OP and his problems.

Roux;" she did not say he was delusional, nor did she say he was paranoid..."

Wait, didn't she call him paranoid> ?

Yes, she did so. I'm sure I heard her do so just this morning.....

So if it DIDNT play any part in his actions, why the heck does DT even introduce it?
I thought she said it could have been a factor on the night of the murder. Did I mishear that or is it more backtracking?

I'm bracing myself for when he starts banging his fists on the ground and literally starts tossing feces around the court. Roux is charged up.

roux is channeling King Henry. /. who will rid me of this meddlesome priest??? I appeal to your lords, who will relieve me of this babbling bulldust that dares to call my client insane?? oh yes, he has a disorder, but you cant call that a mental disorder!!..

the voice goes up, it goes down, he leans forward, he whispers, he yells, he reiterates.. whats going on here? roux enquires.. I ;ll tell you whats going on, a matter that is being made out to be necessary and it isn't!.

Thank heavens, Roux has paused to look at notes. How fast is he speaking?

Could MiLady just rule that the defence had the chance to agree to the assessment and because they are rejecting it, then they won't be able to use it to bring an appeal .. and therefore she will reject the application?

I agree, do you think this is why Nel has done this? He doesn't actually think the Judge will accept but it does stop it happening in future.

Roux just quoted a case where a man had a knife and stabbed wife, but can't remember it, and said there's something wrong, while arguing against 78.

That's exactly what OP said. isn't it? He's talking so fast I must have mis-understood.

R: It is not for a psych to submit a consideration of the facts...

(Not sure what that meant)

Roux says the state's case for this 'Is. Simply. Not. Good enough.'

Wow, looks like OP's sister is wondering what Roux's problem is... perhaps the "family" feels a referral for observation at the least wouldn't hurt? They could all probably do with a break from OP and his problems.

They may think that Roux needs a referral for himself.

'I am not comfortable.. I am not .. not comfortable, ' screams Roux..

Roux;" she did not say he was delusional, nor did she say he was paranoid..."

Wait, didn't she call him paranoid> ?

No, she said she looked for paranoia and did not find it (paraphrasing)

big contrast between nel's argument and roux's.

nel was precise.
roux is rambling.

I agree, do you think this is why Nel has done this? He doesn't actually think the Judge will accept but it does stop it happening in future.

Yes, I can't imagine they will have much luck appealing on those grounds after all this, even if Masipa denies the application.

Roux is yelling at 100 miles an hour.. he can draw breath in the middle of a 10 dollar word and never miss a beat.

what is the RELEVANCE of that?? what?? I cant find ANYTHING..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hygate