Trial Discussion Thread #39 - 14.05.14 Day 32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking about this psych eval. It would be very hard to fool a team of doctors over the course of 30 days. OPs preparation by Roux then must be to just answer the questions honestly, but don't say you intended to kill anyone. That's it. Whatever underlying issue(s) OP has is going to come out from this evaluation. Given that Dr. V has already said that OP represents a danger, I wonder how long it will be before they tell OP it is probably best that he does the remainder of his evaluation sleeping at the facility? :smile:

And, since this is related to the crime of murder, I can just imagine OP being dissected by the doctors asking him hundreds of questions using his testimony, or information provided by the prosecution team. Oh that will not be pleasant for OP, no...

And police men/women. Very common for them to develop PTSD related to having to shoot a bad guy

And yet OP did not have to kill Reeva. He was not in immediate danger. He was not acting in self defense. Even IF he was telling the truth he did not have to shoot at that door at all. He decided to. He decided that he was going to kill whomever was in that toilet. And he did.

MOO

I like the softly spoken Judge but am saddened that she refers to the psychiatric evaluation as a punishment. If Oscar is showing signs of some kind of mental disorder then it needs to be investigated, for the sake of him and any of his future victims. I have spent time in a psychiatric unit, and hadn't committed a crime so was i punished for being depressed?

Yes, you are right. This latest event has quite thrown me to the point of wondering if OP has a chance of getting away with murder. I keep telling myself Nel knows what he is doing and then I wonder, as has been suggested, was Roux clever enough to bring this on. He seemed quite emotional when Nel threw this into the arena - was it a big act? Uncle Pistorius seems quite cool about the whole issue. I couldn't watch this morning's court proceedings as I had an appointment to keep. I need to search out a video to watch what happened.

I haven't been able to listen to radio either. What did WhoopWhoop have to say? Anything interesting?

Throughout the trail Nel has had his own psychologists who have been evaluating Oscar. I think Nel would have gathered the opinions and the advice about Oscar from his own psychologist before suggesting that Oscar should go for this evaluation.

If OP can not admit any wrongdoing on his part about anything, what are the chances that he would be willing to seek help or even accept help that would have been provided to him? If a person feels that they are always right, would they really think that they could be wrong and that they need to talk to someone in order to help themselves?

MOO

Please know, as a homicide survivor myself, I am not defending OP in any way, shape or form. I think he has a multitude of things going on with him, not the least being narcissistic. I just floated the possibility of PTSD out there because it is something I am very familiar with as I have it. JMV

And yet OP did not have to kill Reeva. He was not in immediate danger. He was not acting in self defense. Even IF he was telling the truth he did not have to shoot at that door at all. He decided to. He decided that he was going to kill whomever was in that toilet. And he did.

MOO

According to you. He thought he was defending himself and Reeva from serious harm or death, according to him.

Either way, I think he is showing signs of PTSD

I like the softly spoken Judge but am saddened that she refers to the psychiatric evaluation as a punishment. If Oscar is showing signs of some kind of mental disorder then it needs to be investigated, for the sake of him and any of his future victims. I have spent time in a psychiatric unit, and hadn't committed a crime so was i punished for being depressed?

She said it is NOT a punishment

Throughout the trail Nel has had his own psychologists who have been evaluating Oscar. I think Nel would have gathered the opinions and the advice about Oscar from his own psychologist before suggesting that Oscar should go for this evaluation.

Very true and :welcome:

Please know, as a homicide survivor myself, I am not defending OP in any way, shape or form. I think he has a multitude of things going on with him, not the least being narcissistic. I just floated the possibility of PTSD out there because it is something I am very familiar with as I have it. JMV

Zuri, I am sorry for what happened and what you are/have dealt with. I have read enough of your posts to know how you feel about not only this case but other things as well.

I just personally don't believe that OP has PTSD or GAD.

He said it to Vorster
To quote Mandy Rice-Davies, 'Well he would, wouldn't he'*. Having said that none of us know if he really feels guilt or if he is saying what he knows sounds 'right' but since I don't know I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on that one.

* famous quote from the Profumo scandal in 1960s England. As an American you may not know it but it was this 'party girl's' response to a claim by defense counsel that one of the high-up establishment figures involved had denied he had ever met her.

According to you. He thought he was defending himself and Reeva from serious harm or death, according to him.

Either way, I think he is showing signs of PTSD

BBM

Vorster apparently disagrees. Otherwise she would have said that he was suffering from PTSD while on the stand in court.

Then why did he?

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman 53 mins
@KwaneleKhemese OP will be evaluated by a panel of three psych experts. He’ll have to tell his story to them and they will ask questions.

She said it is NOT a punishment

Minor, if you have it and would not mind, please post the transcript of what was said in regards to punishment, all of it. Someone on the thread appears to be confused.

I'm beginning to think they called this the trial of the century because it's going to take a 100 year's to conclude.

James Grant ‏@CriminalLawZA 1 hr
IF OP is found not guilty due to mental illness, Court may still order him to be detained indefinitely in a mental institution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader