Trial Discussion Thread #4 - 14.03.10, Day 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it's strange how he regularly states things like: "I have proof it didn't happen like you say it did" - "I have emails that prove you weren't with Oscar at the time" - "I have proof that Oscar called security first" (to discredit Baba) - and then comes up with nada. On the other hand, if anyone was lying on the stand, I'm sure the threats of 'proof' might cause them to reconsider their testimony. So far, Roux's threats have come up empty.

I'd also have thought that by law, the DT would have been legally obliged to hand in the 5th phone immediately, not hold onto it for days. What were they doing with it??

Was this the iPhone they took to USA recently?

If so they could have tampered with it.

I saw a sketch depicting the OP bedroom scene that night- implying RS was using iPad or Lap top on floor adjacent to bed (possibly working on her speech for the next day), and OP was lying in bed using his cell phone.

I would be surprised if RS would stand for her man watching violent *advertiser censored* since she appeared to be a woman's advocate and spoke out against rape. In fact, she tweeted on 2/13 "Wear Black this Friday in support against #Rape and Woman abuse#Black Friday". On top of that, RS was scheduled to speak to school girls about love, abuse and relationships. Apparently, she was going to comment about a man who was abusive to her,... because his "mother was abusive to him". It sounds like this was a man was pre Oscar, but could it be him and she wanted to "save"/"help" him? Remember, she had been her ex just a couple days before, and OP had rung her twice in 20 minutes and the ex asked if everything was okay....

Why did Pistorius claim that he felt endangered because his bedroom door was locked? Surely he would have had access to the key, perhaps he took the key out of the door after he locked it, to prevent Reeva from escaping? He managed to get out of the bedroom after Reeva had been shot, so why did he use this excuse to insinuate he was in danger because the door was locked?

The toilet door was also locked, according to his affidavit. Two locked doors supposedly causing him inconvenience, or was he playing around with the keys to cause Reeva problems? After all, ultimately his claims of the doors being locked didn't cause him any problems at all. He got his bedroom door open, and he got the toilet door open too. No problem.

Roux is allowed to make claims in court and not be held to explain them. Why? Because this morning he claimed that Pistorius called security, but the security guard disputed it. What happened there? It should have continued until it was resolved, why didn't Nel or the Judge insist this discrepancy was resolved? Next thing, all media reporting was banned and Pistorius was upchucking until court closed for the day. Does anyone know more about Roux's claims?

Was this the iPhone they took to USA recently?

If so they could have tampered with it.
I think so. It was the one where OP forgot the password to his WhatsApp. I'd thought about it being tampered with by the DT, in which case I'm wondering if anything was deleted, and if so, can it be proved?

Well one would need to know if she was wearing undergarments when she arrived or if she normally wore them or normally went without

There was a big leak before the trial started that the Prosecution Team's key piece proving their case was what Reeva was wearing.

We shall see if that is true!

excerpted quote:
IMO calling it X-rated *advertiser censored* is the same as violent *advertiser censored*. That is why it is X-rated.
You can have violent slasher films with obvious sexual undertones that is no more than R-rated (in the US). And you can have very sexually explicit hardcore *advertiser censored* that hasn't a trace of violence in it. The latter would be at least "X-rated", although today "X-rated" seems antiquated in talking about some of the stuff that's out there

Why did Pistorius claim that he felt endangered because his bedroom door was locked? Surely he would have had access to the key, perhaps he took the key out of the door after he locked it, to prevent Reeva from escaping? He managed to get out of the bedroom after Reeva had been shot, so why did he use this excuse to insinuate he was in danger because the door was locked?

The toilet door was also locked, according to his affidavit. Two locked doors supposedly causing him inconvenience, or was he playing around with the keys to cause Reeva problems? After all, ultimately his claims of the doors being locked didn't cause him any problems at all. He got his bedroom door open, and he got the toilet door open too. No problem.

Roux is allowed to make claims in court and not be held to explain them. Why? Because this morning he claimed that Pistorius called security, but the security guard disputed it. What happened there? It should have continued until it was resolved, why didn't Nel or the Judge insist this discrepancy was resolved? Next thing, all media reporting was banned and Pistorius was upchucking until court closed for the day. Does anyone know more about Roux's claims?

:goodpost:

It was Valentine's Day and they were young, in a fresh relationship and having a sleepover. We've all been there. Do you guys really think they went to sleep at 10pm?

I've wondered if there would be any testimony about whether or not there was sexual activity that night

So they were both in bed at 10pm but not yet asleep. I find it a little odd that he said "We were deeply in love and I could not be happier". What did that have to do with the events that night? He's not recounting what happened at that point, he's putting forth feelings of love and commitment which seem out of place when he's just supposed to be saying what happened that night. I find it almost a defence thing.

It does seem like a really odd thing both because it isn't really a meaningful part of the statement and because it is just stuck in the middle like a weird non sequitur.

I had not heard this - so, OP bedroom and bathroom were locked? What? Did RS run upstairs and locked both doors to get away from him? Or what is this implying. I don't get it...

Wouldn't the autopsy comment about any sperm detection?

In what way do you think it was "advantageous to OP"? Anyone who needed to hear the evidence was there in court.

In any case, all it seems to boil down to is that the pathologist's testimony wasn't to be televised live. There doesn't seem to have been any restriction on reporting it afterwards.

To me it seemed that there were unheard of and unenforceable restrictions on reporting afterwards - largely because of unclear directives and confusion on the part of the judiciary. The only reason we have reports, I believe, is because journalists and their publications were courageous and tooks risks.

If no info was ever released, and at the end of the trial Oscar was found not guilty and the judge said she based her decision on pathology testimony that nobody could hear or see......well, I don't think justice would be seen to be done, in that case.

I don't mean to be crass but it's also possible that the couple was watching *advertiser censored* together, as many couples do.

Quite possible but as Oscar says they went to bed and went to sleep and awoke around 3am, the timing will be interesting.

It's hard to remember that there's no jury, isn't it. As long as the Judge has copies of any relevant papers, I suppose there's no need for her to pursue it and no need for Nel to object.

in regards to what OP was wearing... The 1st detective on the scene, who was fired... gave a magazine interview that when he saw OP, that he was sitting in the garage on exercise equipment wearing bloody shorts and shirt.

I don't suppose anyone even bothered checking Oscar for any injuries, scratches etc, or taking photographs of him. Was there a mugshot?

It definitely has been stated there were 3 bullets that hit her, the 4th one missed..but I am just as confused as to the entry wounds. So annoying.

I think part of the difficulty is that the bullets may have fragmented when they went through the door - so even though there were 4 bullets, there could possibly have been more than 4 projectiles that struck Reeva

This -

The meal consumed after Oscar said Reeva had gone to bed

Bullet hole showing her knickers/pants were pulled up

Possibility even the head wound did not kill her immediately

(I should think Roux will call experts to dispute the timing of the last meal. I think many factors can effect digestion?)

I think the bullet hole through pants, pants pulled up is very big.

For anyone who has trouble, like me, picturing without a picture, I have made this initial diagram. Please excuse the roughness - it's done with a finger paint app.

Here are the bullet wounds, bruises and abrasions I think we have so far ( inc. three bullet entrance wounds but only two exits at the back.)

I left out any possible left arm injury as I am really not sure if there was one.

I've included a close up of that odd little wound between the second and third finger that the pathologist found.
Thank you so much, this is brilliant. Hope you don't mind that I saved it so I can reference it quick when I need to! :)

I think that, in close proximity, maybe they could sound similar, but not in long proximity. The cricket bad sound will just not travel like the gun shot sound.

This is why Dr. S heard both sounds, because he was closer, while Burger and her husband only heard the gunshots, because they were farther.

IMO there is no question that the sound Burger and her husband heard was the gunshots.

JMO.

The video analysis recorded the sounds at 170 meters. They were both clearly audible and sounded similar. I thought the cricket bat sound was not quite as loud as the gunshots, but still very loud and the quality or tone of the sound was the same

I doubt anyone is the MSM has said this; people have speculated about it here (I assume because there's not enough speculation here already).

Feynman, in Post #502 on this very page, I posted the link to one of the many articles on OP's watching of X-rated *advertiser censored*. SO IT IS NOT SPECULATION.

Here is one of the many MSM articles on the subject of OP's watching of X-rated *advertiser censored* posted on 24 February, 2014:

Quote:
The paralympian was looking at X-rated material on his phone shortly before model Reeva Steenkamp was shot, according to reports in South Africa.

Court documents allege Pistorius was browsing *advertiser censored* websites while Reeva was at his home in Pretoria.

Experts say prosecutors could use the evidence to challenge whether the pair were a "loving couple".

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/late...hot-lover-dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member