Trial Discussion Thread #45 - 14.07.3, Day 36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nooo! It still won't let me view it. :'(

They usually take a few hours to upload to there web page, has anyone tried to see if you can see it on the seven jump app? (jump is the player or platform they use)

Thanks for the updates!
My speculation on how the television report was conceived:

Scott Ruder was paid for Pistorius team to make an animated video for the defense. Except Pistorius’ version kept changing, the animation did not work as his account is implausible etc. and they had to ditch the possibility of an animation - rejected because it was inadmissible and didn’t help his case.

The next strategy decided by Pistorius’ team is that Roder will be used as a type of backdoor ‘witness/expert’ and present his ‘case’ it to the public via highest and least critical audience and media channel (Australia?) as a public relations device - it’s information allowed in to bolster reasonable doubt in the public’s mind if not in the court.

Channel 7 works with Roder and The Evidence Room after bidding high for this interview exclusive. They know they can’t use someone as biased in favour of Pistorius, the producers then get Steenkamp and lawyer of Steenkamp’s friends interview as counterweight.

Add in a ‘interactive” poll and reality-court-television is born. I agree with Kate…I don’t think Judge Masipa will be happy with this.

Anyone else think something different - that perhaps Roder went rogue, mole, or another part of the family or defense strategy?

Then it will be pro oscar and I'm not taking it seriously. Just interested why the DT were trying to stop it - legal reasons? conflicting defence witness testament since it was made? What do you all think?

I truly believe they didn't wanrt the court to see just how mobile he actually is on his stumps, they need the court to believe he is extremely vulnerable & not mobile on his stumps to believe he had this heightened terror

Was there any emotion shown by OP during the re-enactment bits? Green buckets in the corner etc?

I reckon at leats 200 of those votes were mine ! :D

Thanks for the updates!
My speculation on how the television report was conceived:

Scott Ruder was paid for Pistorius team to make an animated video for the defense. Except Pistorius’ version kept changing, the animation did not work as his account is implausible etc. and they had to ditch the possibility of an animation - rejected because it was inadmissible and didn’t help his case.

The next strategy decided by Pistorius’ team is that Roder will be used as a type of backdoor ‘witness/expert’ and present his ‘case’ it to the public via highest and least critical audience and media channel (Australia?) as a public relations device - it’s information allowed in to bolster reasonable doubt in the public’s mind if not in the court.

Channel 7 works with Roder and The Evidence Room after bidding high for this interview exclusive. They know they can’t use someone as biased in favour of Pistorius, the producers then get Steenkamp and lawyer of Steenkamp’s friends interview as counterweight.

Add in a ‘interactive” poll and reality-court-television is born. I agree with Kate…I don’t think Judge Masipa will be happy with this.

Anyone else think something different - that perhaps Roder went rogue, mole, or another part of the family or defense strategy?

Totally agree. No one went rogue.

Was there any emotion shown by OP during the re-enactment bits? Green buckets in the corner etc?

Very little if any emotion at all in the parts where Oscar was re enacting for the camera. In the audio that they played of oscar re enacting his screaming there was plenty of emotion. No buckets.

Anyone else having trouble editing posts ? :banghead:

The Judge is going to take no notice of this video unless Gerrie or Roux seek to introduce it. I am betting neither of them will bother. But it will get interesting if I am wrong.

That's the bit that worries me… something is afoot legally speaking… don't know what

Will have to wait for Monday to see what develops… would NOT be surprised that Roux has an application for Masipa on Monday morning.

IMO it should be an application to withdraw.

The Judge is going to take no notice of this video unless Gerrie or Roux seek to introduce it. I am betting neither of them will bother. But it will get interesting if I am wrong.
For those who actually saw the full video, do you think it helps the PT or the DT case or just serves to add to massive confusion?

Thinking about it it's interesting that Nel asked to adjourn till monday on thursday.

That's the bit that worries me… something is afoot legally speaking… don't know what

Will have to wait for Monday to see what develops… would NOT be surprised that Roux has an application for Masipa on Monday morning.

Better not be another postponement!

Anyone who thinks this is good for the DT needs to ask themselves why the footage was not used as part of there case.

I would have thought the driver for releasing the video was to make a bit of cash, not to influence the outcome of the trial. Can't imagine it's a DT tactic (v high risk strategy if it is). Could be someone involved in making it, or someone in The Evidence Room. Roder after some publicity?

Just hearing about this this morning and i have not seen video. My thought is that this was used for a focus group by the defense. This is been done before in high profile cases privately for groups in a confidential focus group to see what the strengths and weaknesses are of the case and how the jurors would vote (augh bringing back memories of when Vinniee politan did his after dark series during the arias trial)

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member