Trial Discussion Thread #46 - 14.07.7, Day 37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a second startle on the grassy knoll

N: Is it possible the shots at shooting range could startle him?

D: It's possible if he was not expecting it. Also for fireworks.

Now Nel's lost his way a bit.

Surely a man with a 9mm loaded pistol, who has spent hundreds of hours practising with it, is going to feel less vulnerable, disabled or not.

I thought Derman agreed he would be less vulnerable, just couldn't say how much less vulnerable.

N: You tested the accused for anxiety during the athletic season?

D agrees.

N: You did not test him after the incident? (I didn't catch which incident he means.)

@barrybateman · 10s

#OscarTrial Nel: you tested his anxiety during the athletic season. You’d expect anxiety to be high

Nel: He wasn't anxious until he fell asleep.

Hahahaha.

N: If I tell you the evidence of accused was (night of killing) it was a very nice evening, he was very relaxed until he heard a noise, would that make any difference?

D says not that he's aware of. And in answers to Nel's next questions says he did not conduct any tests on OP.

Oh dread - we have to hear Oldwage do redirect. Wonder why Roux didn't take this witness?

Nel: He's dangerous to society. He killed someone.

N: You say Mr P presented with anxiety, coupled with fear,.....he's a danger to society then?

D: I cannot say that milady....cannot make the statement he's a danger to society.

Nel's asking doctor to make a legal conclusions :rolleyes:

Prof D is sounding really just sulky now. it's not good.

barrybateman · 37s

#OscarTrial Derman: I wanted to know what his response was to the three sounds. He did tell me what they were. BB

barrybateman · 37s

#OscarTrial Derman: I wanted to know what his response was to the three sounds. He did tell me what they were. BB

barrybateman · 3m

#OscarTrial Derman: can’t recall how Pistorius specifically described the sound. BB

@barrybateman · 2m

#OscarTrial Derman: can’t describe the sound the mag rack would make, he just knows that it’s the sound which startled him. BB

Nel's getting angry now.

Somehow I suspect OP would be familiar with the sound of his own magazine rack being moved in the toilet cubicle. People tend to kick those around accidentally when they are that close to the toilet bowl. That sound would be wood on tile more of a "screech" as Roden described it in the leaked video and not like the sound wood on wood makes, which I would think would be more of a squeak or creaking noise. IIRC OP described the door making a "clicking" sound as it opened and scraped slightly against the custom-made door frame.

Nel's alluding to the video again. Mr Roden mentioned the "screech" of the mag rack several times. It was even shown being accidentally kicked by the actor playing Reeva in the toilet during the re enactment.

Did anyone else hear that screech in the courtroom?

I wonder if it startled OP!

The video that you saw about the shooting of the watermelon, there was no indication of anxiety or fear, am I right?

D: I saw that video once. I can't conclude about psychological status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member