Trial Discussion Thread #50 - 14.08.8, Day 40 ~final arguments continue~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point - if he wanted to shoot intentionally, why not go closer to the door - why stand as far away from the door as possible?

Oscar already acknowledged his concern about ricochets-- I think that may be why he tried to stay partially protected behind the passage wall. That and firearms training kicking in gear.

R: After 3.27 he says fnd himself on the balcony again and heard 'help help help'.

Thanks so much for summarising! Am unable to listen to Roux. He is so smarmy and revolting, and personally I think that defending somebody with smoke, mirrors and insults, who has proven himself to be a liar under oath, shows a vast lack of integrity. I know lawyers do it all the time but still... makes my flesh crawl.

They could have done exactly that with a little more compassion. Dr Stipp left his wife and children to go and help. He may never have came back if it were real intruders. Mr Roux could easily have acknowledge how 'mistaken' he was without the sneering and derision.

Exactly, especially since the majority of posters here are accused of having no compassion when it comes to Pistorius. I wonder if Roux's sarcasm was greeted with glee by any regular readers here?

R: He then drove to the house. We know that was after 3.35.

R: The state wanted the lights to be on after the first shots.

Oscar Trial Channel ‏@OscarTrial199 28s
#oscartrial Roux: Stipp says security arrived a few minutes after 03:27 when he heard a man shout for help...

Roux: The state WANTED the lights to be on, let's see if that's possible

This is criminal - roux is completely misrepresenting dr stipp's evidence

Roux is smiling like an arrogant $%#@ while making fun of Dr Stipp. I don't think MY Lady will appreciate that rudeness.

Not to mention him saying Dr Stipp was untruthful, and he's got the hide to snicker about him. Stipp was the only person who voluntarily went over to assist. This is really disgusting behaviour on the part of Roux.

Exactly, especially since the majority of posters here are accused of having no compassion when it comes to Pistorius. I wonder if Roux's sarcasm was greeted with glee by any regular readers here?

Exactly. I dislike the way Roux chuckles about Dr Stipp and Mrs Stipp statements. No need for that.

Oscar already acknowledged his concern about ricochets-- I think that may be why he tried to stay partially protected behind the passage wall. That and firearms training kicking in gear.

As it was, iirc, the muzzle of the gun with OP's arm/s outstretched and his back against the wall/counter, was only a few feet. That's pretty dang close to shoot a gun with those heavy duty bullets into anything, especially since he did express fear that they might ricochet back onto him.

R: Mrs Johnson and Burger's evidence, they say about 5 mins elapsed between screams and second set of sounds...Mr and Mrs ??? what they heard takes us back to same as Johnson. Now we go to Mrs Stipp.....HUGE sigh from Roux

Sky's Alex Crawford reporting that defence heads of argument runs to 240 pages! Nel's was only a 100 and that took up most of the court day. Whoop were saying that the court will sit tomorrow if it overruns and the judge told them to prepare to be in on Sunday after church if they're not finished by then too.

Roux says Mrs Stipp stretches time 'beyond credibility'.

Oscar Trial Channel ‏@OscarTrial199 28s
#oscartrial Roux: Stipp says security arrived a few minutes after 03:27 when he heard a man shout for help...

Roux: The state WANTED the lights to be on, let's see if that's possible

The lack of muzzle flash blinding OP says to me that the lights were on.

E.T.A. Nel should also have went further when OP was on the stand about the "good grouping". He should have asked OP if that was "good grouping" for shots in the dark.

I wish they wouldn't keep using the word 'shots' for the sounds .. they should say 'bangs' or 'sounds'. Nel did it yesterday, too.

R is still explaining timeline discrepancies. I'm not following very well though, there are so many.

Not to mention him saying Dr Stipp was untruthful, and he's got the hide to snicker about him. Stipp was the only person who voluntarily went over to assist. This is really disgusting behaviour on the part of Roux.

Yep - Carice Stander heard screams and pulled the blankets over her head and did nothing until her father informed her it was 'Oscar' IIRC.

R: Stipp could not explain the time between 3.15 and 3.27.

That is untrue... Stipp spoke of arguing with his wife about wanting to go over and help, getting dressed, dealing with security and then driving over to OP's. That was faster than OP, according to his version, got around to trying to "save" RS.

R: Mrs S tried to corroborate Mr S' evidence. I've dealt with the curtain. She also said she moved to the main balcony. Dr S said no, she didn't. So that's not true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucysmom20