Trial Discussion Thread #50 - 14.08.8, Day 40 ~final arguments continue~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning everyone. Are we all set for another long day of arguments?

Whoop discussion - man who has watched judge work since 1991 says she never gives much away, or shows what she's thinking.

Also saying there we may be in for a 'long day'. Don't know if they mean actually long or it will just feel like it.

http://whoopwhoop.tv/pistoriusradio.htm

Defence Heads of Argument 243 pages, could be a long day!

Is anyone any clearer about whether it is ok to rely on two defences, ie OP didn't intend to shoot and kill anyone that night but, if the court finds he did, then he did it in self-defence? The SA legal expert on the sky news recap last night seemed to be saying it was ok to do that.

I hope that Roux will clarify that today - I don't think the defense is actually relying on the accident defense, but we'll see what Roux says

Has anybody explained just what the process is for the judge making her decision? Does she hole up in an office with the assessors for weeks or do they each take their respective files away, come up with their own notes and then compare them together for a few days?

Morning all :loveyou:

.. all too late I have found the perfect streaming .. on YouTube .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aDl4HzE6fY .. all of the others kept letting me down right throughout the trial and have been v.frustrating (even down to things like on many of them, the volume is so low you have to concentrate really hard in order to hear them! <<-- no such probs with the YouTube stream )

Good morning at 9:20am in Germany!:seeya:

Yesterday evening I had a meeting with friends at a Greek restaurant, now I'm fit to read Roux (not hearing on TV, but reading on twitter).
Don't know how long my fitness will survive the closing (I don't like this "ceremony"). :pullhair:

Please, tell me later, whether father Henke is there and how OP is behaving! I'm interested in that. Thank you!! :smile:

Roux up, talking about 'unfortunate' part of Mrs Tipp's evidence - she wasn't there for photos taken of her bedroom.

It's on and we are discrediting the Stipps.

Roux showing picture of Mrs Stipp holding curtain back to view OP's residence. Points out that no need to hold the curtain back if there was a clear view, as claimed by Mrs Stipp.

Roux -- Van Rensburg said he didn't touch anything, but he shows picture of VR meddling with plug and chord

Morning all from the Blue Mountains of North Carolina. I didn't know they had Blue mountains in Sydney too. I don't think have any hippity skippity in my step yet. lol

Roux disputing the view from her window, and the curtains being in the way.

Now onto things being moved.

R: Col VR his evidence....double lie. First lie he said he never moved anything, second he was just testing the fan (in the multiplug)

Plum cake doesn't look very glamorous, but it is the plum season (one fell on my head yesterday) and Germany does grow very nice plums.

Thanks for the yummy! And thanks for all you do here!!

I'm a little confused about what exactly closing arguments are supposed to be if they are not to repeat what's in their written Heads of Argument. I read Nel's Heads last night, and his closing was essentially a near-verbatim recitation of his written argument.

Yes, it is a 'repeat', but that was my point. She was not being introduced to the info for the first time. So the way he delivers it is much different than if it were all new to her. He was 'repeating it' so he is not using same tone he would if he was introducing it to her. It is more like a conversational tone than a formal, debate or oratory, like we are used to seeing.

Hey y'all...want some southern b'fast in addition to the other great spreads already out? How about New Orleans southern from Cafe DuMonde? Chicory coffee and beignets!!! :lick:

beignetsscottgulbransen-jpg.32607

http://civilwartalk.com/attachments/beignetsscottgulbransen-jpg.32607/

showing photo 55, recalling that Nel said the multiplug could not be moved any farther and called OP a liar; Roux asked for multiplug, but it was lost, ultimately defense received photo of the multiplug which shows that the multiplug extends much farther than Nel claimed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14