Trial Discussion Thread #51 - 14.11.9, Day 41 ~announcement of the verdict~

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't sleep. Came back to read up, and feeling a little better about this verdict....:judge: :jail:

I think Oscar's friends and former girlfriend and Reeva's friends - anyone who know/knows him, hw he was and how he acted KNOW he killed her in cold blood.

OJ Simpson got off here in the US but was a veritable pariah afterwards.

If he doesn't get dolis directs, which EVERYONE (except a few people) believes is true, when he gets out in 2, 5, 15 years, he, too will mostly be a pariah. Laws, laws, laws ...people don't like it when there's not justice when it's SO clear what happened.

If you worked out the proper timeline you would understand that it could never have been Reeva screaming. And thank G*d for Reeva's parents. This will give them much more sollace to know she wasn't screaming terrified for the 13 minutes the Stipp's timeline created while Burger/Johnson's and the Nhlengethwa's timeline was screaming/crying for only 3-5 minutes.

Not only that nobody had the courage to help Reeva immediately and in time when she screamed in fear of death - now she never screamed at all. It is a monstrosity!
If I were Reeva's mother/father, I could not tolerate and endure. That can not be the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I for myself remain in shocked rigid and incredulity.

"We are here dealing with a plethora of defenses"

Have to say that I thought Judge Masipa's reading was going to be long and tedious citing all the bulletpoints of law etc but she's as riveting as both Roux and Nel. I don't like what she's dismissing but I still have faith in her.

Ohhh...did he lack criminal capacity being addressed now....

J: In same breath defense submitted...accused intended to protect himself...because he felt vulnerable and defenceless...

'We are dealing with a plethora of defenses'

Not only that nobody had the courage to help Reeva immediately and in time when she screamed in fear of death - now she never screamed at all. It is a monstrosity!
If I were Reeva's mother/father, I could not tolerate and endure. That can not be the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I for myself remain in shocked rigid and incredulity.

I don't think she said she could not have screamed at all, just not in the manner the witnesses reported hearing.

J: Whether or not accused cld distinguish between right or wrong...

I predict the judge will reject any assertion that the shooting was an accident or that there was no intent to fire the weapon at the person behind the door, but she'll find that it is reasonably possibly true that Oscar thought there was an intruder in the toilet coming out to harm him.

I second that. The gun going off by itself OP story was ridiculous, the premeditated murder of Reeva charge was equally absurd.

In between- he was aware enough to think, but didn't shoot to warn, but also scared enough to take off the safety as he approached and to shoot at what he thought was an intruder. Reckless. Culpable homicide.

Alex Crawford @AlexCrawfordSky · 2m
#PistoriusTrial Bundle of papers handed to defence and prosecution, tied together; Roux whispers loudly; It's the judgement'. Really?

J: Dr Foster gave evidence of GAD....we had to refer accused for psych evaluation...

J: At the time of alleged offences the accused did not suffer from mental disorder....to affect ability to judge right from wrong

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman 29s
#OscarTrial

Masipa: the panel of experts found that at the time of the alleged offence the accused did not suffer from mental disorder… BB

Judge reading out med reports where docs said OP was capable of appreciating the wrongfullness of his act.

c29a5cb0-a79e-4f6b-9f15-d8d2e5598cf6.jpg

Masipa says it appears that from testimony Pistorius at times had non pathological criminal incapacity.

Judge now onto defense submissions over 'startles'. Startle response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow