Trial Discussion Thread #54 - 14.13.10, Day 43 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This Maringa's incompetence is beyond words!!!!!! He never even read the judgement, yet he made up this report and recommendation that OP scrub toilets for 16 hours a month!!!! I am so gobsmacked, and almost fell out of my chair!!

This Maringa's incompetence is beyond words!!!!!! He never even read the judgement, yet he made up this report and recommendation that OP scrub toilets for 16 hours a month!!!! I am so gobsmacked, and almost fell out of my chair!!
And only for ONE month! Reeva's life has been valued at 16 hours cleaning.

Ah...This explains why OP had NO Valentine’s Day gift for Reeva - she was “The One”.

What putrid tripe.

Am i right in thinking that they had been together for around six months and yet Reeva had never introduced him to her parents? Surely is she thought HE was "the one' then she would have wanted this??

Uhh.. I don't think scrubbing toilets was mentioned, or even implied. I think light dusting and rearranging nicknacks is more agreeable to the agenda.

This is why I can't watch. It is just an insult too far - and I am not even connected to Reeva in any way. Her poor, poor family.

I think I would cross the road, or possibly even catch a train in order to tell that creep exactly what I think of him.

Nasty as it sounds, I really want him to be a complete social pariah if he does walk.
If he gets away with murder (which is looking more and more probable), I hope he is shunned for the rest of his life. I hope his career stays in tatters and that he never knows a moment's peace. He was dishonest on the stand, and hugely disrespectful of Reeva's memory. I do believe some people can be rehabilitated, but I don't believe OP can, because he's fake through and through. He's assuming he can put this unfortunate 'incident' behind him, carry on like Reeva never existed and make a career comeback. What are Reeva's parents supposed to do with this?? I sincerely hope that convicted killer is loathed by all and has constant nightmares about what he did. I know I sound really harsh, but I can't help it. The very thought that he expects to get on with life as normal makes my blood boil.

And only for ONE month! Reeva's life has been valued at 16 hours cleaning.

Oh, I am confused again. I thought the suggestion was 16 hours of CS per month for the length of the house arrest sentence.. ?

Edit: Or is ONE month the suggested house arrest sentence? !

Nel brought up the July drunken VIP Room incident.

WHY didn’t he also bring up OP’s visits to Kitchen Bar and Buddha Ta on April 6, 2013, a drunk OP hitting on women - 52 days after killing Reeva?

That prior event perfectly nailed his mental state and character.

These recurring “incidents” are not aberrations due to “PTSD” - they’re part of his history and entrenched personality.

WHY doesn’t any psychologist or psychiatrist have the guts to call OP what he is - a malignant narcissist / sociopath?

Uhh.. I don't think scrubbing toilets was mentioned, or even implied. I think light dusting and rearranging nicknacks is more agreeable to the agenda.
I think he would appeal against rearranging nicknacks on the basis it might make a noise and frighten him :puke:

If he gets away with murder (which is looking more and more probable), I hope he is shunned for the rest of his life. I hope his career stays in tatters and that he never knows a moment's peace. He was dishonest on the stand, and hugely disrespectful of Reeva's memory. I do believe some people can be rehabilitated, but I don't believe OP can, because he's fake through and through. He's assuming he can put this unfortunate 'incident' behind him, carry on like Reeva never existed and make a career comeback. What are Reeva's parents supposed to do with this?? I sincerely hope that convicted killer is loathed by all and has constant nightmares about what he did. I know I sound really harsh, but I can't help it. The very thought that he expects to get on with life as normal makes my blood boil.

:goodpost:

A tweet worth a hiss and a boo!

EWN Reporter ‏@ewnreporter 11h11 hours ago

Oscar walks passed the Steenkamps, making eye contact with all of them and greeting.

Some tweets to help us smile.

Oscar Trial Channel @OscarTrial199 · 6h 6 hours ago

Mark Batchelor, Myers family engage Nel in animated exchange, ending with firm handshake as courtroom empties

Mandy Wiener ‏@MandyWiener 8h8 hours ago

Considering Nel's conduct and approach today, I have little doubt we'll be going to Bloemfontein for an appeal.

Graeme Hosken ‏@GraemeHosken #OscarTrial @TimesLIVE 11h11 hours ago

barry steenkamp greets myers family as they enter court while members of oscar's family huddle and hug each other

Graeme Hosken ‏@GraemeHosken 6h6 hours ago

OPs managers next blooper: "that" township NGO in pretoria where OP did work yet he strangely remembers overseas charities names

Graeme Hosken ‏@GraemeHosken 6h6 hours ago

nice little micro second chesty chesty between mark batchelor and oscar as oscar leaves the dock @TimesLIVE

It's NO BRA DAY TODAY :sigh:

Oh, I am confused again. I thought the suggestion was 16 hours of CS per month for the length of the house arrest sentence.. ?
I'm confused too. I thought it was a recommended 3 years house party arrest, with 16 hours total cleaning to be completed in one month. But I just checked, and you're right.

"Under Maringa's recommendations, Pistorius would have to do two eight-hour shifts of community service per month - cleaning a museum for example - and would be allowed to do athletic training. He should also be banned from owning firearms, Maringa said, and compelled to attend programmes on managing negative emotions and trauma".

Okay, I take it all back. 16 hours was okay, but two eight-hour shifts a month for three years is much too harsh a punishment for killing someone. I must get a message to Masipa and ask her to reduce it.

I'm confused too. I thought it was a recommended 3 years house party arrest, with 16 hours total cleaning to be completed in one month. But I just checked, and you're right.

"Under Maringa's recommendations, Pistorius would have to do two eight-hour shifts of community service per month - cleaning a museum for example - and would be allowed to do athletic training. He should also be banned from owning firearms, Maringa said, and compelled to attend programmes on managing negative emotions and trauma".

Okay, I take it all back. 16 hours was okay, but two eight-hour shifts a month for three years is much too harsh a punishment for killing someone. I must get a message to Masipa and ask her to reduce it.

The worse part about that sentence, it most likely will happen, if the next witness suggests even an easier option for OP, Masipa's going to take it. :puke:

I don't know but they absolutely fascinate me too.

Ok I tweeted one of the reporters that tends to respond to people's tweets and I asked her and she said:

Rebecca Davis @becsplanb
"Haha the question on everyone's lips! No idea I'm afraid"

I fear that all those who feel he will escape a custodial sentence are probably right but if so, there is always the possibility of appeal, which I am sure the overall public reaction to a light sentence may help to fuel. And though it is little to no comfort, I'm sure that the conditions governing any form of house arrest will include a prison sentence were he to break any of the rules imposed on him and there's a very good chance of that happening IMO. He'll think he's invincible and that may well be his downfall. Small comfort at this stage I know but I feel this story has a ways to go and this judge's sentence will not be the final full stop.

It's not an appeal on a point of Law that's needed, but an "untouchable", an Elliot Ness, to investigate the whole thing from without. Failing that, a civil trial, but the Steenkamps would have to want to do it.

Nel is on fire (after tea break)asking about the NEW girlfriend
MLady is just nauseatingly bias IMO at every friggin opportunity.
At one point Nel just sits down...I don't know how he keeps his cool
Then he's back up for the fight...
It is so painful to watch this charade!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gooucl7jB64

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics