Trial Discussion Thread #59 - 14.21.10, Day 48 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carl was allowed to go down to the cells with OP for a few moments. Oscar fans were weeping and wailing in court.

NPA 'has an appetite' to appeal.

He absolutely has to .. this is disgraceful. I'm sorry, I don't subscribe the view of 'well it's better than nothing, I didn't think he would even spend one day in jail' .. this has to be done correctly, otherwise it's just special treatment. He murdered Reeva in cold blood, the evidence proves he did.

I agree, but this case has worn me down! To my mind he was never going to get the true sentence he deserves - locking him up and throwing away the key.

no they are saying same on whoop whoop - the lawyers. They are saying Nel should appeal

I hope so too

I realize that OP would be out on bail again while he awaits during the 18 month long process but to me that would be perfect -- another yr and half of waiting hell.....

Reporter speculating on what courses OP might like to do, what sports he'll participate in. Not happy!

Visiting days Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays. Won't see anyone until this coming Saturday.

He can only speak to visitors through a pane of glass for the first 6 months. No hugs, no kisses. Boo hoo.

Family to make a statement in 50 minutes, noon SA time.

He'll be given a list of activities he can participate in within 3 weeks. I wonder if they have acting classes. Oh, doesn't need those any more does he?

I think AV the social worker/probation officer has ruined her own career as effectively as Oscar has ruined his, through her ridiculous 'I take note thereof' testimony. Which the judge ignored anyway, because it was so unreliable.

Best part of today was Judge announcing that that report was so unprofessional and lacked credibility..........lack of credibility = end of career usually

Is this supposed to be the Judge's last case? If the State does intend to appeal, I wonder if they have chosen not to indicate this during sentencing to allow the Judge to wrap things and exit proceedings without further ado.

I believe it the verdict is changed by the Appeal Court (dolus eventualis) then Masipa will be doing the sentencing again (just based on a new verdict)?

Former prisoner interviewed on Sky and confirms Defence's case that prison conditions are truly horrendous. Even the hospital section is dangerous because prisoners break plates and use them as weapons and, in this case, the General has given an order...

Prosecution not going to appeal the sentance but the actual charge op ch is one they may pursue

Not neccesarily. National Prosecuting Authority may consider an appeal if they feel the law has not been upheld.

ETA: Oops, in response to posts saying it's over because Nel and Arnold have said no to appeal.

"There are currently 193 users browsing this thread. (80 members and 113 guests)"

Wow!

I had to step away for a minute and was afraid that when I came back everyone would be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member