Trial Discussion Thread #6 - 14.03.13-14, Day 9-10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bumping your post again. It is a tiled floor where the phone was found, maybe with a dark wood shelf or door? and the black thing could be:

The jeans Barry Bateman tweeted were lying in the bedroom by the crumpled duvet

A plastic garbage bag used to stop Reeva's bleeding

A towel (but 'before pics show light grey towels)

Bottoms of dark curtains (though haven't seen any in lounge/bedroom/bathroom pics)

https://mobile.twitter.com/OscarTrial
The thing is, the bedroom is carpeted, so not the jeans and there are clear blood pattern next to the phone and there was none near the duvet or jeans. The towel in the bathroom is light blue, we saw NO shots of Reeva at all so I will go with that black fabric being towels that were covering her at the bottom of the stairs?

The thing is, the bedroom is carpeted, so not the jeans and there are clear blood pattern next to the phone and there was none near the duvet or jeans. The towel in the bathroom is light blue, we saw NO shots of Reeva at all so I will go with that black fabric being towels that were covering her at the bottom of the stairs?

That sounds reasonable. Sad if it fell out of Reeva's shorts pocket....

That was a bit distracting to me and I normally don't look. ha

I thought at first he was very articulate.......until the "clothes" that covered Reeva's body were actually black plastic bin bags and something else .

Also worth re-watching is when he translated english into english, lol.
He also kept calling Johan stander "she"... People who speak black languages being Xhosa, Zulu etc often refer to people in general as "she" when they convert from their language to English. I think he also refered to handdoekie as "hand clothes" when in fact, they are towels...lol, Afrikaans is not a language you can just directly translate, otherwise it would never make sense. You have to know the CONTEXT in which the word is being spoken. A doekie is also known as a type of hat, thankfully he didn't directly translate and say "hand hat" haha :D

Can't find that dark brown chair (did see it though, I swear) but found a tweet that the duvet off the bed was found crumpled on the floor. That's news to me.

So Oscar not only dived out of bed to shoot the 'burglar', he ripped off the duvet at the same time, leaving just a sheet? But still failed to notice Reeva was not in bed?? it is much easier to notice someone's not on a sheet, than not under a duvet....

https://mobile.twitter.com/barrybateman

He would have pulled the duvet off after the shooting, when he came back into the bedroom and saw Reeva wasn't there. In his version of events.

Where did you hear that? I did not hear Colonel Von mention blackberries in the bedroom but I might have missed it. Thanks

I have known about the phones for a long time. There were 5 altogether. Two belonged to Reeva and three belonged to OP - two of which were blackberries and the iPhone he did not hand in and Roux mentioned it at the bail hearing.

IIRC the two blackberries were black phones which were on a black table in his bedroom. But that could be wrong as he went over that quickly.

He was confused at his first visit because the found found in the bathroom had been separated from its cover so he thought there were two. But then the photographer told him later that he found two phones in the bathroom but we were not shown both of them.

He also kept calling Johan stander "she"... People who speak black languages being Xhosa, Zulu etc often refer to people in general as "she" when they convert from their language to English. I think he also refered to handdoekie as "hand clothes" when in fact, they are towels...lol, Afrikaans is not a language you can just directly translate, otherwise it would never make sense. You have to know the CONTEXT in which the word is being spoken. A doekie is also known as a type of hat, thankfully he didn't directly translate and say "hand hat" haha :D

thanks for the translations, carol..but this particular part, he was correct.. VOn Rensburg was testifying that it was CLARICE Standar he was repeating.. what CLARICE Standar, Johan Standars daughter said to him..

the translator was correct, in this issue...

Re: the damaged bedroom door. Could Reeva have damaged it by trying desperately to get out of the bedroom during a struggle? Does the door require a key that she may not have had access to? And then perhaps her only refuge was the toilet to which she had easier access to the key?

Also, I can't get over the widespread nature of the blood spatters throughout the house... including the guest bedroom, living area, etc. How did they all get there? They can't all be from OP carrying Reeva down the stairs. Does anyone have any thoughts?

When the news first broke about this last year and it became apparent that OP had carried Reeva's body downstairs i posted on another forum that this was a good way of messing up forensics if she had been injured anywhere else in the house.

heh.. Braai means BBQ stuff..

surprised that Oscar didn't have a baackie somewhere out there..

thanks for the translations, carol..but this particular part, he was correct.. VOn Rensburg was testifying that it was CLARICE Standar he was repeating.. what CLARICE Standar, Johan Standars daughter said to him..

the translator was correct, in this issue...
Nope, he was talking about Johan. Think Clarice was explaining to VON that OP had asked her father to take Reeva to the hospital, she said her father had said No, that he would rather call an ambulance etc...translator said "etc etc etc..she said no etc" when translating. It would fly over the heads of SA people because we know what he means but for international viewers, it could have been confusing.

Sorry, terrible quality.

Thanks for that. There was blood on the cream lounge chair so I assume it was one of them. Isn't this chair downstairs? If so. how did the blood get there?

* A beige/creme sofa and chairs (with blood splatters) is located in the ground floor near the stairs (sitting room).

* Another beige/creme sofa (with blood splatters) is located in the lounge (before the entrance to the main bedroom).

* And a third dark brown sofa is located left side in the bedroom (where Reeva's bag and sandals were found.

To anyone who is interested :):

There was a long discussion regarding the leaked crime scene photos last year (among other issues). It started at page 19 but I can't say at what page a lot of photos of OP's house were posted. But these photos are old and very likely not identical to the photos shown today in court.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205154&page=19

first photo
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205154&page=23

further photos: page 34 ff

Ahhh great pic of the lounge Pisto.., please post it here for all to see, really clears up how blood could have landed on the sofas.

I have not heard about two phones in the bedroom in the testimony. I just watched a replay of the testimony about the phones. 1st iphone Col Von saw at the scene and initially thought it was 2 phones because part of the case was off. 2nd white iphone he did not see himself was said it was found later at the scene.

So 2 phones relevant to this, but when did he testify about phones in the bedroom cuz I can't find that.

ETA: Maybe 3 phones relevant now - the third phone being the phone Oscar kept with him and turned over later.

The other 2 phones were pictured sitting on top of the stereo

Where did you hear that? I did not hear Colonel Von mention blackberries in the bedroom but I might have missed it. Thanks

This is taken from the bail hearing. Another phone was handed in by Roux after he made Botha look a fool by not finding it but I am not sure it is this report and I don't ever recall hearing where it was found. I am sure it will come up in the trial sooner or later. I think the Blackberries may have been elsewhere in the house. I don't take "at the scene" to necessarily mean all in the bathroom. Sam Taylor said Oscar charged his work phone in the kitchen and his personal phone in the bedroom.

• The two iPhones and two BlackBerrys found at the scene had not been used to call the police or paramedics.

Read more: http://www.theweek.co.uk/world-news...torius-murder-case-story-so-far#ixzz2vt2pLtF9

1. A sofa located under the stairs sometimes before the shooting

66k86556.jpg

2. From the leaked crime scene photos = looks like the same stairs but NO sofa located under the stairs

yre2lwqp.jpg

3. Also from the leaked crime scene photos = Sky News (who leaked all the photos) reported this sofa was located under the stairs

so2vfoyj.jpg

4. From a re-enactment by ABC 20/20 with an image of the bedroom including the wretched sofa/couch (it was a hard search )

But attention - this isn't the original sofa/couch because it's only a re-enactment of the scene

ry6d3e4b.jpg

http://news.sky.com/story/1097557/pistorius-images-show-bloody-scene-of-killing

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/h...storius-may-have-killed-his-girlfriend-2013-3

http://article.wn.com/view/2014/02/...urns_Reeva_Steenkamp_One_Year_After_He_Kil_h/

I just googled the breed. Whoa what a superb animal 70-90kgs. Off topic - I have a British Bulldog - 40kgs and he is scared of butterflies !!!

I thought the black fabric that Carol referred to would have been the black plastic garbage bags that OP wrapped around Reeva at the bottom of the stairs.

Thank You Pisto! That's the pic of the light-colored sofa I was talking about earlier today. I'm so glad you found it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth