Trial Discussion Thread #6 - 14.03.13-14, Day 9-10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't get why the number of dents on the door from the bat has any relevance to anything. Am I missing something? Does it even matter how many whacks went down...doesn't everyone agree that Reeva was executed by gunfire? Why is the bat so important?

It's vital to OP & Roux's version of events & their timeline. They need to have 4 bat marks on the door for their story to work.

Listening to some of the proceedings today. Are you telling me that OP noticed a "missing watch" within minutes/hours of this murder? And they are bringing this up in court? It shows his state of mind but what other value is there in bringing this up?

I hate to say it, but I think OP can and will scream like a woman in court. That's just my feeling because of his vomiting - he doesn't seem at all hesitant at being physical in public, so I think he'll do it.

Most cricketers could tell you it is possible for a man to scream in a high pitched voice, given certain circumstances.....(being delicate here).

When he does his scream in court maybe he can have Herschelle Gibbs hit him in his cricket box with the cricket bat, that will help him lol

During one of the WhoopWhoop discussions it was mentioned that Roux has stated the window was closed and that is going to be a very big problem for Roux.

Has anyone else heard or read that Roux has stated that the bathroom window was closed? I know he said the little toilet cubicle window was closed.

I thought OP declared the reason for him going into the bathroom was he heard the window being slid open but how he would know whether it was being opened or closed I am not sure.

"I heard the bathroom window sliding open, I believed that an intruder or intruders had entered the bathroom through the bathroom window which was not fitted with burglar bars.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-26417240

I am a cynic, in that, if she did remove a single watch it was to create a problem in the trial and cause problems for the police.
It's just odd to me. Was it the most expensive? Did one of her brothers watches have sentimental value to her? I mean really, it just makes no sense. Your brothers girlfriend is lying dead downstairs and you say to police "may I take this one watch?". Bizarre IMO

Doesn't look like the kind of thing that happens when you grow out a dye job. And Oscar was never blonde, was he? It does look like some sort of minor medical thing.

Alopecia with or without hairloss is the commonest problem but there is a term, poliosis, which can cover a similar pattern of hair colour change but mostly it occurs in the fringe area. Poliosis can be inherited. It also may be associated with genetic disorders, such as Marfan's syndrome and Waardenburg's syndrome. Strangely the person with hair change of this type may not actually suffer themselves from these diseases but will have a first degree relative who does.

Vitiligo can also cause colour change but usually there are skin colour changes associated. Oscar often wears his hair almost shaved and there is no sign of vitiligo that I can see beneath where the grey patches are or anywhere else on his scalp.

In his day, Herschelle was in nearly as big a scandal as Oscar occupies today....

South Africa.. like any nation , I suppose, is not immune to huge scandals involving sportsmen and women.. Herschelle is right up there with the best in that regard..

It's just odd to me. Was it the most expensive? Did one of her brothers watches have sentimental value to her? I mean really, it just makes no sense. Your brothers girlfriend is lying dead downstairs and you say to police "may I take this one watch?". Bizarre IMO

I have had problems with live feed today. Did she actually ask if she could take a watch? If so, I take back my earlier post.

I am a cynic, in that, if she did remove a single watch it was to create a problem in the trial and cause problems for the police.

I think the watch is connected to the original claim of intruder.. highly likely that Oscar hoped someone would produce an intruder.

or he could point to stuff 'missing'

( he had boxes of watches because one of his sponsors is a watch retailer, just in case you though he had a tick tock fetish )

I hate to say it, but I think OP can and will scream like a woman in court. That's just my feeling because of his vomiting - he doesn't seem at all hesitant at being physical in public, so I think he'll do it.

Most cricketers could tell you it is possible for a man to scream in a high pitched voice, given certain circumstances.....(being delicate here).

I'd be happy to assist him :wink:

I really tend to think he shot and injured Reeva in temper then, with the warped logic of a truly selfish human being, killed her to stop her telling people about the injury. It haunts me that I think he had seconds where he had the choice to try and save her with the injuries she had, but decided to end her life instead.

I think the bloodcurdling screams were Reeva as she saw him making that decision, and knew she was about to die.

I watched an interview with a South African lawyer last evening. He said he thought Oscar would have been better off saying they had had a furious row and he shot her whilst not being in control. He went on to infer that a very strong argument about the sentence may have been in Oscar's interest. Quite obviously from the evidence so far he has concluded that OP is guilty.

Listening to some of the proceedings today. Are you telling me that OP noticed a "missing watch" within minutes/hours of this murder? And they are bringing this up in court? It shows his state of mind but what other value is there in bringing this up?

No it was not OP who noticed that particular watch was missing. It was the police commander himself who noticed it was missing. In his evidence today he said he noticed that all eight watches were very expensive, and later on when forensics were in bedroom he noticed that one of the watches was missing, apart from the one taken by OP's sister.

Crime scene graphics shown in court March 13, 2014
Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-court-shown-photographs-Reeva-Steenkamp.html

1. Where Reeva's body lay dead in the entrance hall (blurred shadow)

2. Another view of the place where Reeva's body lay

3. The blood trail across the floor and up the staircase

4. Blood stains on the staircase near to where Reeva's body was found

Please compare Oscar's face in the courtroom and outside the court (photos in the source's link) ;)

Today again - TXL to all of you for your updates and interesting comments

:gthanks: :grouphug:​

I didn't notice a medical patch on OP's shoulder as was claimed by Roux at the BH.

Alopecia with or without hairloss is the commonest problem but there is a term, poliosis, which can cover a similar pattern of hair colour change but mostly it occurs in the fringe area. Poliosis can be inherited. It also may be associated with genetic disorders, such as Marfan's syndrome and Waardenburg's syndrome. Strangely the person with hair change of this type may not actually suffer themselves from these diseases but will have a first degree relative who does.

Vitiligo can also cause colour change but usually there are skin colour changes associated. Oscar often wears his hair almost shaved and there is no sign of vitiligo that I can see beneath where the grey patches are or anywhere else on his scalp.

I had a friend with white patches almost exactly like OP's. His was from a childhood infection with ringworm. I have always thought OP's was the result of the same thing, I had no idea there were so many different causes, since my friends looked so much like OP's.

Some of us did discuss the possibility that OP could have been on his way out of the house to get rid of the body, as it doesn't seem (up to the point where he was carrying her downstairs) that he'd called anyone apart from his estate manager, who happens to be on first-name terms with OP. By the way, although he alleges he called Netcare, I still don't think we've seen proof of that, even though Roux pretends he has proof of everything, ie, that all the witnesses are mistaken about everything. In reality, he must have known the gun shots and screaming would have been heard so I have no idea how he thought he'd get away with it. But yes, I toyed with that idea for a while. Still not 100% sure what he was really planning to do because he seems to have got disturbed by Dr Stipp in the middle of things.

Thank you, soozieqtips, for all these extra details... other things I didn't know! The more I learn the more I think he's guilty.

Just jumping off your post here. My head is still spinning since Zwiebel confirmed yesterday that the security guard did indeed report that he called OP after hearing gunshots and was told everything was fine!

IMO, OP has entirely too many things that have to be explained away in order for him to be believed. I don't think the truth is that complicated.

I can understand, due to OP's handicap, that he might feel extra vulnerable in the night while sleeping. However, IMO, that would be a very good reason to have the security guard's telephone# on speed dial. I can't get inside OP's head (nor would I want to), but if I heard a noise in the night and thought it was an intruder, I would get my gun in hand first and then hit speed dial. Maybe that's just me...

I'm 100% sure that when I realized I had shot an innocent person I would have called for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Onus