Trial Discussion Thread #6 - 14.03.13-14, Day 9-10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
all of the court matters are spoken in English. lawyers, judge, etc..

Well, to me it looks like there was an investigation of the leg but because it found nothing useful to the state, someone in their wisdom decided to remove the file and then there was a sort of understanding to 'forget' the investigation ever happened?

Close-up photo of panel lying in the toilet. Witness asked if he can id it. Says right hand panel, laying face down.

I'm not watching the live feed. Is everyone speaking in Afrikaans or have some spoken in English? I'm wondering if I should start watching. I work with a lot of South Africans so I don't even notice their accents these days. I initially skipped the live feed, thinking I'd miss things due to interpretation.

90% of it is in English. U should watch the live feed, it is fascinating.

Roux. this is the panel with the prosthetic foot print on it.

Col V.. the so called prosthetic footprint.

Roux. yes alright

Roux gives his version of how Oscar kicks out the panel..

Col V agrees thats Oscar s version... but he finds the cricket bat opened the door, so the footprint kicking down the door is what his investigation revealed.

R: What do you see about that panel?

Col: It's upside down, face down.

R: The prosthetic footprint is at the bottom. Two possibilities; Oscar kicked the door or stepped on it.....he had his prosthetic legs on

Col; The panel could have been broken before he put his legs on. That's my version.....I never said he kicked the door while it(panel) was in position.

Roux is claiming that COl should have worked on the assumption that Oscar kicked down the door.

Col says. he didn't entertain it. his investigations didn't reveal that to be the case.

Roux says he , col ,, should work on Oscars version..

Col says.. so long as he isn't accused of AGREEING with that version.. the kicking of the door.

It is absurd for the Colonel to say that if there's a prosthetic footprint on the panel, then Oscar walked on it or stumbled on it after it was broken out

heh. Col is going along with Roux up till the point it gets to Oscar kicking the door. then he jibs.. no kicking.. didn't happen .

Roux trying hard to get witness to concede OP kicked the door while standing on his legs. Col says: If he can kick that high.

It is absurd for the Colonel to say that if there's a prosthetic footprint on the panel, then Oscar walked on it or stumbled on it after it was broken out

there isn't a footprint on the door. . that's why the colonel wont say it is..

heh. Col is going along with Roux up till the point it gets to Oscar kicking the door. then he jibs.. no kicking.. didn't happen .

How can he know that, though? Why is he not even considering the alternative possibilities? Am I confused?

its a bit absurd for Roux to claim that's a footprint.. heh. he is tying it on, though.

Roux understaands. He undersaands absolutely everything. But still makes witness explain everything three times, Lol!

Col: The blood is smeared underneath that plank....the piece of that panel could have been moved into the bathroom after the deceased was moved out of the bathroom.

How can he know that, though? Why is he not even considering the alternative possibilities? Am I confused?

yes, you are confused.. see yesterdays testimony..

its merely Roux claim that its a footprint.. Roux has offered no evidence that it is whereas the colonel has ... his testimony.

WHEN roux offers evidence that it IS a foot print then you can make a decision whos right.. but right now, its merely Roux opinion.

Col: In the commotion...he could have moved the plank into the bathroom while he was trying to assist Ms Steenkamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goldengoose1997