TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just went scurrying to look up a frog's intellect! And they're smarter than I thought - maybe comparing Chad and a frog would be a close contest. PS And there's a definite resemblance too!
Yes. Definitely a resemblance, in appearance, to a frog. However, upon further reflection, I think frogs would score higher on the "intelligence" scale.

I hear you 100%, but I think that is slightly unfair to the frog population perhaps? :) Frogs do come out and sit on warm pavement to sun themselves. Perhaps an ant or a gnat? MOO
Ants are industrious....hard workers. Chad not so much. His wife, Tammy did everything as far as I can see.

So a gnat maybe...super annoying with no purpose.

Does anyone know exactly when Chad told Garth to come home from college, because of bad spirits there, or something similar? I am wondering how long Garth had been back living with his parents - is it possible that Chad deliberately got him home to be a witness to Tammy's death? It sure wouldn't surprise me. :(
According to the Heather Daybell interview (no idea if a more concrete date is given somewhere else):

- In 2015, Chad says, "I think we're gonna move to Rexburg" at a family event. Tammy was confused by this. Heather jokingly said there was a house next door to them that was for sale.

- Chad stated that Tammy had a vision that they should buy the house in Rexburg Heather mentioned (making her a visionary). Remember he would later say she was not one.

- The declined a home next to a park named Bear World because that would be too close to where the world would start to end (paraphrased). When the "power goes out" all the zoo animals will be free. This confirmed to Heather and Matt that Chad was wanting to move based on his end times prophecy stuff. Chad reportedly intended on his parents also moving to Rexburg, but his parents were confused when Matt asked about this.

- Chad asked Matt if they could put a shed on their property to store their "prepper" stuff while they were house hunting. Heather and Matt asked Chad if he and Tammy could have a serious convo. Chad wouldn't allow Tammy to attend. Matt asked why Chad wanted to move to Rexburg FR. Well, it's because Julie Rowe saw an earthquake in a vision. And the book "Visions of Glory,"

- She and other family members believe Garth was coerced to move to Rexburg. Chad told him he had demons attached to him and could only be saved if he moved to Rexburg. Garth was so frightened he sought a blessing from a grandfather before begrudgingly moving. Garth HAD been going to college in Orem, and the move set his graduation back because he needed more classes.
So no exact date for Garth but we could probably guestimate based on his age. If you haven't listened to this interview, I would recommend it. She doesn't have any incentive to lie; she seems very sincere.

I've watched A LOT of AC's streams where she digs through texts messages (from FOIAs) but those are primarily Lori's DMs, not Chad's.

I thought it was so he could shoot at Brandon Boudreaux? Nonetheless, even with the tyre/tire removed from the back hatch door, AC still couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. He even made a trip beforehand to the firing range, as I recall.
You're possibly right, I always forget where BB's attempted murder falls in the timeline.

The video of LVD, AC, and CD moving items to the storage unit. That is the creepiest thing I have ever seen. All of the kids stuff, just dumped there...and some tires?
It has been awhile but the tire had to be removed to possibly shoot out the back of the vehicle. I may be mistaken but also the rear seat was in the storage unit for possibly the same purpose. The items were in the storage during the time frame that the vehicle could have been used to shoot at BB. The footage shows CD smacking LVD on the behind as they leave. I beieve it is before TD passed away. It has been such a long time, someone else can correct me if I am wrong.

Wait. I don’t think I reflected on these details before. If she was deathly ill, 10 days before she passed away from “natural causes”, and so fatigued, would she be going to make freezer meals ? Get the meals out of the backseat herself (as opposed to asking someone else to help her unload the car?) Have the lung capacity to yell at the assailant AND yell loud enough from outside the home to get the attention of someone inside the home for assistance? There is plenty here to suggest her health was just fine 10 days prior to her death.
IIRC Coworkers say - she was fine.

IIRC Coworkers say - she was fine.

It will be interesting what her children say, and also her parents, siblings, as Tammy went to Springville, UT to visit her family, about two weeks prior to her death. CD encouraged her to go...interesting article about CD and his resume as a gravedigger.

And information from Tammy Daybell's family, regarding the foundation set up for literacy.

Last edited:
According to the Heather Daybell interview (no idea if a more concrete date is given somewhere else):

- In 2015, Chad says, "I think we're gonna move to Rexburg" at a family event. Tammy was confused by this. Heather jokingly said there was a house next door to them that was for sale.

- Chad stated that Tammy had a vision that they should buy the house in Rexburg Heather mentioned (making her a visionary). Remember he would later say she was not one.

- The declined a home next to a park named Bear World because that would be too close to where the world would start to end (paraphrased). When the "power goes out" all the zoo animals will be free. This confirmed to Heather and Matt that Chad was wanting to move based on his end times prophecy stuff. Chad reportedly intended on his parents also moving to Rexburg, but his parents were confused when Matt asked about this.

- Chad asked Matt if they could put a shed on their property to store their "prepper" stuff while they were house hunting. Heather and Matt asked Chad if he and Tammy could have a serious convo. Chad wouldn't allow Tammy to attend. Matt asked why Chad wanted to move to Rexburg FR. Well, it's because Julie Rowe saw an earthquake in a vision. And the book "Visions of Glory,"

- She and other family members believe Garth was coerced to move to Rexburg. Chad told him he had demons attached to him and could only be saved if he moved to Rexburg. Garth was so frightened he sought a blessing from a grandfather before begrudgingly moving. Garth HAD been going to college in Orem, and the move set his graduation back because he needed more classes.
So no exact date for Garth but we could probably guestimate based on his age. If you haven't listened to this interview, I would recommend it. She doesn't have any incentive to lie; she seems very sincere.

I've watched A LOT of AC's streams where she digs through texts messages (from FOIAs) but those are primarily Lori's DMs, not Chad's.
I find it interesting that not only is Chad clearly threatened by HD's insight, Prior seems to be, too. Why did he put her on the witness list?

IMO, putting her on the witness list does not seem to be because he wants her as a witness. What could she possibly say? She's not a direct witness to the crimes Chad is charged with. She is not a direct witness to his NOT committing the crimes he is charged with.

She can speak to his character and/or possible apostasy, but Chad is not on trial about that, and she'd hardly be one to present him sympathetically.

My thought is he just put her on the witness list to keep her out of the gallery and away from interviews during the gag order.

I actually thought of her when Prior was finally bringing his cross examination of Lt. H to an end... saying he was calling him back although I doubt he will. I think it's a way to keep him out of the gallery.

Prior doesn't want his client to have to contend with anyone who has confronted him. He will turn into a nervous, crying guilty-looking puddle.

MOO

Re: HD
I think it is because CD despises her and he wants her to suffer for daring to oppose him. I think Prior will enjoy bullying her on the stand for the reason you mentioned previously, while Chad will be covertly loving every minute of it. This is a perfect example of how he has others do his dirty work.

On that note... After rewatching the preliminary hearing, I am looking forward to seeing MG testify. Would love to see her suggest to a Prior to adjust the microphone so she can hear him again! Judge Eddins kept requesting that JP do so repeatedly. Things were getting heated between JP and MG when she lobbed that zinger at him. Priceless!

I anticipate a contentious cross. JP will bully her too.

Last edited:
Um huh? Not sure what this means but in case there is any confusion my name is Tricia Griffith and I am the manager of Websleuths.com.
I have been catching up on this thread. You all are great at making sense of this case. Thank you for making Websleuths.com the go to place especially in high profile cases like Chad Daybell's.

Nice to have you posting with us, Tricia!

It will be interesting what her children say, and also her parents, siblings, as Tammy went to Springville, UT to visit her family, about two weeks prior to her death. CD encouraged her to go...interesting article about CD and his resume as a gravedigger.

And information from Tammy Daybell's family, regarding the foundation set up for literacy.
[RB&UBM]
Yes. I agree with you. If Tammy's health was in such a debilitated state, I don't think she would have made the 4-hour drive alone to visit her family -- nor would she have been able to muster the strength to do a clogging dance for them either!

You're possibly right, I always forget where BB's attempted murder falls in the timeline.
Here is a very abbreviated timeline that might help….

2017 ZC says LVD starts talking to him about CD books
April 2018 Joe Ryan found dead
Oct 2018 LVD meets MG & CD & ZP (not at same time though)
Jan 2019 LVD says CV is zombie (Ned) & castings begin at ZP’s
7/11/19 CV is shot & killed
Early Sept 2019 LVD & kids & AC move to Rexburg
9/8 into 9/9/19 Tylee is killed
9/22 into 9/23 JJ is killed
10/2/19 BB is shot at
10/9/19 attempted shooting of TD
10/19/19 TD is killed

10/31/19 MBP moves to Rexburg
11/5/19 CD & LVD marry in Hawaii
11/26/19 LE does JJ welfare check
12/1/19 CD & LVD to Hawaii after Daybell family trip to CA