Trial - Ross Harris #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
that may be true and frankly it is very tempting to do just that...evidence or not. long time since I have seen such a disgusting defendant. just out of curiosity i looked up Cooper's obituary. So sad to read and know what kind of a father he had. What strikes me is all the relatives he has including his own parents living in Ala. Many others listed and yet I see no one in that courtroom that appears to be supporting him or for Cooper. I wonder what is going on with his family and that of Leanna. They are not that far from Ala. I was so disgusted today watching how upset he was about his secret life being exposed in the courtroom through texts...way more upset than we even saw him at the photos of the deceased Cooper.

It doesn't surprise me that RH has no support from family. He appears to be a despicable person who is responsible for Coopers death. JMO

It doesn't surprise me that RH has no support from family. He appears to be a despicable person who is responsible for Coopers death. JMO
His family is behind him 100%, they say as much on Facebook.

I'm sure the State hopes the jury feels that way. Why should the jury bother with LE's false misrepresentations, niggling inconsistencies, lies, manipulation of reports, evidence, and witnesses, because it's obvious RH is a cheating husband who had sex with prostitutes, minors, and even a man, so he must have killed his son, and so what if he didn't really mean to- - details, details, fry him.

Respectfully, Not important to you, would evidently would be the factual statement. Because it is to me, and darn sure is to the State has brought in the Witnesses, and spent a lot of time on these very things. If it were of little importance, I seriously doubt that they would have done that. And there are many inconsistencies. And there are also witnesses that have not told the truth. Inconsistencies bring about reasonable doubt. The State has to prove their case, beyond a reasonable doubt.

I view the evidence differently. I have thrown out all of LE's testimony, and I still believe that at this point in time that the State has proven beyond a reasonable doubt that Ross was negligent. I believe that the time stamps and the content of the various text messages point to distraction, not forgetting. I understand that the DT has yet to put their witnesses on the stand so my current opinion could change.

Thank you for the kind words. You know we've always had a mutual admiration society thing going on.

But in this case.... the question isn't if RH should have been able to walk away. The question is whether or not the process of bringing him to trial was tainted (an unreserved YES it was, imo), and whether or not he is receiving a fair trial (absolutely not, imo).

I'd be perfectly fine with RH being on trial and would accept whatever verdict an impartial jury renders if I thought the process before and during was clean. I'm not, and suspect I won't, because I don't believe the State's hands are clean at all.

BBM

Respectfully, that is not what the jury in this trial is being asked. The jury in this trial is being asked if the evidence presented by the State proves beyond a reasonable doubt that Ross is guilty of the eight charges on which he was indicted. The fairness of this trial will be addressed through the appellate process. If appropriate, charges may be brought against individuals accused of lying under oath and tampering with evidence.

I'm glad Detective Stoddard saw through the fake emotions and lies told by Ross on June 18th, 2014.

Justice for Cooper ~|~

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I view the evidence differently. I have thrown out all of LE's testimony, and I still believe that at this point in time that the State has proven beyond a reasonable doubt that Ross was negligent. I believe that the time stamps and the content of the various text messages point to distraction, not forgetting. I understand that the DT has yet to put their witnesses on the stand so my current opinion could change.

BBM

Respectfully, that is not what the jury in this trial is being asked. The jury in this trial is being asked if the evidence presented by the State proves beyond a reasonable doubt that Ross is guilty of the eight charges on which he was indicted. The fairness of this trial will be addressed through the appellate process. If appropriate, charges may be brought against individuals accused of lying under oath and tampering with evidence.

No, no, I wasn't referring at all to what the jury must consider. I was responding to Pocket's take on the gestalt of this thing. ;)

Let's just say for the sake of argument that JRH did intentionally kill Cooper by leaving him in the hot car. And let's say LE arrived and felt sorry for JRH because he obviously was a distraught father and said repeatedly he didn't *mean* to do it. And let's say later some piece of evidence surfaces that proves, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that it was intentional.

What would you be saying about LE and the detectives then? After he drove away in his car and had months or years to cover his tracks and destroy evidence...I suspect there would be outrage!

If they had to err - I would 100% prefer the err on the side of Cooper than JRH. But that's just me.

I keep seeing posts about Ross's statements regarding not leaving his wife because of Cooper... To me this is the opposite of a motove and certainly not a negative thing. He didn't want the child to come from a broken home so he was willing to work through his unhappiness out of love for his son. I would say that statement is one of a redeeming nature for this mess of a man. There is not one person who has come forward that knew him prior and had one negative thing to say about him. Usually every Tom, Dick and Harry is battling for an interview or to make a statement. No way that no one picked up on the so called charade of him being a loving father. That is far fetched IMO. As far as no one supporting him in court. How do we know that for sure? Maybe it is at his request. Not his finest moment and that aside the ME report and photos of Cooper may have been a lot . One never knows. Maybe they will come for the defense's case. Can anyone point to an article or interview from a family member condemning him? I just started back into this at the start of the trial so I apologize if I'm wrong.

Let's just say for the sake of argument that JRH did intentionally kill Cooper by leaving him in the hot car. And let's say LE arrived and felt sorry for JRH because he obviously was a distraught father and said repeatedly he didn't *mean* to do it. And let's say later some piece of evidence surfaces that proves, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that it was intentional.

What would you be saying about LE and the detectives then? After he drove away in his car and had months or years to cover his tracks and destroy evidence...I suspect there would be outrage!

If they had to err - I would 100% prefer the err on the side of Cooper than JRH. But that's just me.

Let's say if they had such a strong case to begin with why all the manipulation of evidence, lying in police reports, not arresting someone for a crime that they went thru the process of getting a sting, and having working mic to capture the sting, suddenly doesn't work, id photo shredded, reports not factual, questionable SW. Why taint a case that is so solid? That is not Justice for anyone. Especially if there is a conviction and it is overturned. Lots of $ spent on this case, heck there has been stuff brought up in testimony that the State should have known about prior to trial. JMHO

Here is the testimony from Friday afternoon that I didn't get a chance to post until now. It is the interrogation room with LH and RH:

When Leanna enters the room, she and Ross hug. He cries. She holds him. "I love you, I love you," she repeat. Harris sobs loudly, seems to be saying that he didn't do this on purpose, asking if she hates him. "I know you didn't. I don't hate you," says Leanna.

"I love Cooper," Harris sobs. "I know," she says.
He details the day for her. Describes the route, the conversation with police. He's alternately talking and crying. Leanna comforts him.

“What have I done? What have I done?” Harris says sobbing.

“I've never left him in the car. I’ve taken him to daycare a million times,” he says

Harris says he tried as hard as he could to save Cooper.

Harris explains that they are charging him. Leanna asks why. "Because of my actions. My actions resulted in his death," he says. "Do we need to get you a lawyer?" she says. "Yeah," he says. "It's not like I went to the grocery store and said I'm sure he's going to be fine, I'm going in for 30 minutes..."

"Did you say too much?" Leanna asks, as Harris details his conversations with police. "All I did was told them the events of the day. When he told me I was being charged I told him I'd like representation and I'd rather not talk anymore."

"I just want to die right now," Harris whispers. "No. Uh-uh. Do you know what that would do to me if you died right now?" Leanna asks. "You still love me?" he asks. "I love you," she says. Harris says he doesn't feel safe, doesn't trust himself right now. He sobs loudly again. "I loved him so much!" he weeps. "I know you do. I've never doubted that, honey, never!" she says. "I told them you didn't do it on purpose...that Cooper probably fell asleep."

He cries more. Says the only thing that makes him happy is knowing Cooper is in Heaven right now. Leanna agrees, says he's playing with trucks.
"My boy...my boy...my boy..." Harris sobs hard again.

Harris muses over what happened again. They went to eat, Cooper had the sausage biscuit he loved. "I guess just because I go to Chick-fil-A every now and then, I left and turned left like I was going to work and he didn't make a sound. He didn't say a word," says Harris.

"Please don't hate me," he says. "Honey, I could never hate you," she replies. "Nobody hates you." "Your mama's gonna," he weeps. "No, she's not," says Leanna.

Why did this happen to me? Why me? Why me?" Harris wails. "I feel like my life is over."

He says they treated him like such a bad person at the scene. Says he tried to call Little Apron and to call her. He says after he cursed at the officer who told him to get off the phone, he was put in the back of the patrol car and he weeps that "I was in the back of the car the entire time that he was there."

"Just let me trade places with Cooper," Harris sobs, "please." Leanna assures him they will get through this, that they will be the couple that makes it through this. Ross says he just doesn't want her to leave him. "I won't leave you, baby. I love you," she says. "You're like my life support right now."

He says he'll be charged with a felony, lose his job; that would kill him. She asks is there any way they could not have him charged. He says that's up to them. He says Det. Stoddard is a very nice guy, says that he trusts the system and he has no priors; "This was a simple act of not really carelessness, but a brain fart from my routine," says Harris.

Harris asks Leanna when she found out. She says someone saw it on the news before she found out. He told her. "What'd he say?" says Harris. "Were there names or anything?" She says no, that the person recognized the car and told her, "A child died. It was Ross's car."

Harris says he would bring Cooper back if he could. Leanna's head is resting on his knees. "You would or you wouldn't?" He would, Harris says again.

"I know it was useless, but I tried to save him," says Ross. "I know, baby," says Leanna.

"I hate myself like everybody hates me," Ross says. "Nobody hates you," she says. "I've never done that before. Not even close," he says. "I know, I told them that," says Leanna.

Stoddard comes into the interrogation room. He explains the jailing process.

"Does it have to be like this?" Leanna Harris asks. "He didn't do this on purpose." Stoddard explains that "Because of his actions, your son's dead. I have to charge him on that."

"Despite the charge, I appreciate the courtesy," Harris tells Stoddard. "None of this is personal," replies Stoddard.

The Harrises hug again. "I know you didn't do this on purpose," she says. "I love you."

http://www.wsbradio.com/weblogs/ros...g/2016/oct/21/friday-oct-21-day-11-testimony/
http://www.ajc.com/news/minute-minu...ross-harris-trial-oct/cIq8I3w0axb7DNla1XIMNI/

Late Friday afternoon testimony, starts at about 6:20:

[video=youtube;lwbQuyHUx-A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwbQuyHUx-A[/video]

curious where you find that facebook entry? Guess they just can't make it to the trial?

Sometimes I think the Attorneys have them stay away because of the circus. If they were there they definitely would be hounded by the MSM. And would help no one. JMHO

Sometimes I think the Attorneys have them stay away because of the circus. If they were there they definitely would be hounded by the MSM. And would help no one. JMHO

honestly not a clue why the court is so empty...but I will say I think having some family there may make Ross look more sympathetic ....guess that should not matter to a jury but I can recall being on a jury and seeing certain people faithfully be there for the defendant...as awful as Ross seems to many of us he does have parents/aunts and uncles etc. that know him as something very different from the persona we hear in the texts and videos and see in court chatting it up with his defense team.

Here is the testimony from Friday afternoon that I didn't get a chance to post until now. It is the interrogation room with LH and RH:
http://www.wsbradio.com/weblogs/ros...g/2016/oct/21/friday-oct-21-day-11-testimony/
http://www.ajc.com/news/minute-minu...ross-harris-trial-oct/cIq8I3w0axb7DNla1XIMNI/
Respectfully Snipped for space. Just wanted to remind about the 10% rule. Just ya to get in trouble. (been there done that myself)

honestly not a clue why the court is so empty...but I will say I think having some family there may make Ross look more sympathetic ....guess that should not matter to a jury but I can recall being on a jury and seeing certain people faithfully be there for the defendant...as awful as Ross seems to many of us he does have parents/aunts and uncles etc. that know him as something very different from the persona we hear in the texts and videos and see in court chatting it up with his defense team.

I tend to agree. I do not know why but that would just make sense to me since it already a circus and has been.

Let's say if they had such a strong case to begin with why all the manipulation of evidence, lying in police reports, not arresting someone for a crime that they went thru the process of getting a sting, and having working mic to capture the sting, suddenly doesn't work, id photo shredded, reports not factual, questionable SW. Why taint a case that is so solid? That is not Justice for anyone. Especially if there is a conviction and it is overturned. Lots of $ spent on this case, heck there has been stuff brought up in testimony that the State should have known about prior to trial. JMHO

I agree with you on this. The part that makes me insane is that the State has plenty of evidence to have Ross found guilty of felony murder IMO. There was no reason to risk tainting this case in any way.

The entire case has made me so angry. I keep waffling between being upset with the State's handling of this case and angered at Ross's actions. He deserves a fair trial, but he also deserves to be judged against the real evidence. I am afraid we are going to end up with neither.

Respectfully Snipped for space. Just wanted to remind about the 10% rule. Just ya to get in trouble. (been there done that myself)

They were tweets. I know the 10% rule and I provided 2 sources.

But morality should come into play IF one is wondering if the defendant is potentially a very cruel person.

noun
principles concerning the distinction between right and wrong or good and bad behavior.
synonyms: ethics, rights and wrongs, ethicality More
a particular system of values and principles of conduct, especially one held by a specified person or society.
plural noun: moralities
"a bourgeois morality"
the extent to which an action is right or wrong.

Yes. The State's position is this was intentional. The jury will naturally want to know a motive. Here is a guy who (excuse me) 'just wants to drink and bang a lot of girls'. Problem is, the guy is married and has a kid (a joker who drains his bank account). He'd like to divorce his wife but if he does so he's looking at 16 years of child support, which further drains the finances and complicates his goal of a carefree, uncomplicated life. He's miserable, cheating and texting random young girls to "hide his pain". He wants out. He doesn't want to give his ex wife 30% of his Home Depot salary in child support. He just wants to be "single".
So perhaps his way out is Cooper dies. He plays grieving dad for a few months then divoces blaming the breakup on Cooper's death. He's free.
So he takes his little boy out for a last breakfast one June day, drives directly to work, says "bye buddy", closes the door and walks away. JMO

curious where you find that facebook entry? Guess they just can't make it to the trial?

I've encountered his mother Evelyn Harris on many a Facebook groups. His brother Michael Baygents has been pretty outspoken too. Incidentally, Leanna is back in full force on fb in the past few months, and she is fb friends with both, so methinks she'll be a rather good defense witness despite the crap RH has done to her.

I've encountered his mother Evelyn Harris on many a Facebook groups. His brother Michael Baygents has been pretty outspoken too. Incidentally, Leanna is back in full force on fb in the past few months, and she is fb friends with both, so methinks she'll be a rather good defense witness despite the crap RH has done to her.

I was doing a bit of searching and came across this from the early days when I really was not following this story. Any clue what is meant by this:
"Last week, the Journal-Constitution briefly spoke to Ross Harris’ father, Reggie, who only said, “We have some pretty strong feelings but we can’t talk right now.”???

When Leanna enters the room, she and Ross hug. He cries. She holds him. "I love you, I love you," she repeat. Harris sobs loudly, seems to be saying that he didn't do this on purpose, asking if she hates him. "I know you didn't. I don't hate you," says Leanna.

"I love Cooper," Harris sobs. "I know," she says.
He details the day for her. Describes the route, the conversation with police. He's alternately talking and crying. Leanna comforts him.

“What have I done? What have I done?” Harris says sobbing.

“I've never left him in the car. I’ve taken him to daycare a million times,” he says

Harris says he tried as hard as he could to save Cooper.

Harris explains that they are charging him. Leanna asks why. "Because of my actions. My actions resulted in his death," he says. "Do we need to get you a lawyer?" she says. "Yeah," he says. "It's not like I went to the grocery store and said I'm sure he's going to be fine, I'm going in for 30 minutes..."

"Did you say too much?" Leanna asks, as Harris details his conversations with police. "All I did was told them the events of the day. When he told me I was being charged I told him I'd like representation and I'd rather not talk anymore."

"I just want to die right now," Harris whispers. "No. Uh-uh. Do you know what that would do to me if you died right now?" Leanna asks. "You still love me?" he asks. "I love you," she says. Harris says he doesn't feel safe, doesn't trust himself right now. He sobs loudly again. "I loved him so much!" he weeps. "I know you do. I've never doubted that, honey, never!" she says. "I told them you didn't do it on purpose...that Cooper probably fell asleep."

He cries more. Says the only thing that makes him happy is knowing Cooper is in Heaven right now. Leanna agrees, says he's playing with trucks.
"My boy...my boy...my boy..." Harris sobs hard again.

Harris muses over what happened again. They went to eat, Cooper had the sausage biscuit he loved. "I guess just because I go to Chick-fil-A every now and then, I left and turned left like I was going to work and he didn't make a sound. He didn't say a word," says Harris.

"Please don't hate me," he says. "Honey, I could never hate you," she replies. "Nobody hates you." "Your mama's gonna," he weeps. "No, she's not," says Leanna.

Why did this happen to me? Why me? Why me?" Harris wails. "I feel like my life is over."

He says they treated him like such a bad person at the scene. Says he tried to call Little Apron and to call her. He says after he cursed at the officer who told him to get off the phone, he was put in the back of the patrol car and he weeps that "I was in the back of the car the entire time that he was there."

"Just let me trade places with Cooper," Harris sobs, "please." Leanna assures him they will get through this, that they will be the couple that makes it through this. Ross says he just doesn't want her to leave him. "I won't leave you, baby. I love you," she says. "You're like my life support right now."

He says he'll be charged with a felony, lose his job; that would kill him. She asks is there any way they could not have him charged. He says that's up to them. He says Det. Stoddard is a very nice guy, says that he trusts the system and he has no priors; "This was a simple act of not really carelessness, but a brain fart from my routine," says Harris.

Harris asks Leanna when she found out. She says someone saw it on the news before she found out. He told her. "What'd he say?" says Harris. "Were there names or anything?" She says no, that the person recognized the car and told her, "A child died. It was Ross's car."

Harris says he would bring Cooper back if he could. Leanna's head is resting on his knees. "You would or you wouldn't?" He would, Harris says again.

"I know it was useless, but I tried to save him," says Ross. "I know, baby," says Leanna.

"I hate myself like everybody hates me," Ross says. "Nobody hates you," she says. "I've never done that before. Not even close," he says. "I know, I told them that," says Leanna.

Stoddard comes into the interrogation room. He explains the jailing process.

"Does it have to be like this?" Leanna Harris asks. "He didn't do this on purpose." Stoddard explains that "Because of his actions, your son's dead. I have to charge him on that."

"Despite the charge, I appreciate the courtesy," Harris tells Stoddard. "None of this is personal," replies Stoddard.

The Harrises hug again. "I know you didn't do this on purpose," she says. "I love you."

[video=youtube;lwbQuyHUx-A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwbQuyHUx-A[/video]

Ugh. That video just makes me ill. If I were writing those articles, I would put "pretends to" in front of sobs and cries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
northsearch