Trial - Ross Harris #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Leanna say the guy just on the stand was mean to her? I thought she was talking about Stoddard.

No. I don't see where I said that.

You're obviously referring to my mention of Stockinger. That was a simple observation in contrast to her testimony inferring she was treated unkindly in general. Like no one telling her where Cooper was.....

I have followed this case thoroughly. A few weeks after Coopers case, a similar case happened with "Ben" in Connecticut. His father left him in a car, also drove to lunch with his son in the car, went to pick his son up at daycare and did not discover he was in the car until reaching daycare. He did NOT call 911 but drove to a hospital?? I hang on one moment that disturbs me on Ross's events of 6/18. Considering he drops lightbulbs at the car at lunch and then hesitates/texts/whatever after stepping away from the vehicle. He returns to his car at ap 4:15. He doesn't hold open the door to air out the vehicle, start the car or the air conditioning... He's not in a hurry...ie. has 45 minutes to get to his movie date. He drives off in seconds with the windows up. Why? I am contracting myself, trying to make sense of this. Waiting on closing arguments to form a decision. BTW: Ben's dad was convicted of negligent homicide, but did not serve time.

links to Bens case are not cooperating.
moms blog: thegiftofben.com
search ridgefield, ct child car death.

3 years ago I got a call from my brother that my healthy mom dropped dead on her birthday. I dropped to the floor screaming and my husband had to take the phone from me to find out what was happening. Then he had to lay on the floor with me to try to calm and soothe me. I had just spoken to her along with my kids so I kept arguing with my brother that he was insane. I couldn't wrap my head around something that sudden in a million years. I was on a plane immediately so I could see her and say goodbye and come to terms and start to accept it.

That was my MOTHER if it was my child I would have passed out or been so hysterical they would have had to call a dr.

In my real life I am a pretty stone cold beyotch. I don't show feelings etc....but when something so devastating happens it is human nature to shed a tear or react even in anger or scream or .....idk SOMETHING. LH was so squirrelly to me something just doesnt sit right at all. I can't put my finger on it but it's the little hairs on the back of your neck thing.

If that was my baby? You wouldn't ever ever get me to believe you until I saw it with my own eyes

See, I'm the opposite. When something bad happens that shocks me, I just shut down. And I do that even when I'm in danger. It's horrible. Fight or flight? I freeze. Completely. I go into autopilot and maybe take charge if I'm in a position where I need to be in charge. I'm also really good at denial during the shock. If I'm ever being chased by a bear, I'll be eaten immediately, lol. I'm in nursing school and had something happen to a patient during clinicals once, and my instructor took me aside and said she was worried because it seemed like I didn't care. I did. I cared a LOT. and was freaking out on the inside. But the professional part of me took over and I came across as very cold. I do find some things about LH's reaction troubling, but that's not one of them.

My dear mother in law passed away last night from lung cancer. She was actively dying for three days so my husband's family knew it was coming. However, she died very suddenly in quite a traumatic way. Her husband fainted, my husband went into shock, his younger sister started screaming. The only person who coped was his other sister who is a nurse. Her training clearly kicked in and she was very organised. Isn't Leanna a nurse? Maybe thats why she didn't react as one would expect her to?

My dear mother in law passed away last night from lung cancer. She was actively dying for three days so my husband's family knew it was coming. However, she died very suddenly in quite a traumatic way. Her husband fainted, my husband went into shock, his younger sister started screaming. The only person who coped was his other sister who is a nurse. Her training clearly kicked in and she was very organised. Isn't Leanna a nurse? Maybe thats why she didn't react as one would expect her to?
She is a dietician.
I'm sorry for your loss

Like the LEO said today, in his 20+ years of being on duty he had never seen a mother react that way. That's pretty powerful imo.

This disturbs me as well. LE delivers bad news all the time, and I fully believe when you see something that doesn't fit, you know it, even if you can't express exactly why. I think both of them were acting hinky in one way or another. The lack of reaction doesn't bother me, but some of her comments certainly did. Particularly caring so very much about seeing RH, who had betrayed her over and over again, and then killed her son? Even if it was an accident, the LAST thing I can imagine anyone doing in a situation like that is wanting to comfort the person who cheated on them and then caused the death of their child. It doesn't make sense to me, and I have a high tolerance for strange reactions in the moment!

So sorry about your mother in laws passing. What an awful disease. I hope your family will be okay with time.

She is a dietician.
I'm sorry for your loss

Thank you.

I had remembered seeing her in nurses clothes on the video. Now you mention it I do remember her being a dietician. Memory is scrambled I think.

So sorry for your loss. Thoughts to you and your family.

This disturbs me as well. LE delivers bad news all the time, and I fully believe when you see something that doesn't fit, you know it, even if you can't express exactly why. I think both of them were acting hinky in one way or another. The lack of reaction doesn't bother me, but some of her comments certainly did. Particularly caring so very much about seeing RH, who had betrayed her over and over again, and then killed her son? Even if it was an accident, the LAST thing I can imagine anyone doing in a situation like that is wanting to comfort the person who cheated on them and then caused the death of their child. It doesn't make sense to me, and I have a high tolerance for strange reactions in the moment!

I wonder if his treatment of her over the years has affected her to the point where she just accepts hurt as normal. Could she be on some kind of medication like antidepressants? They dull your reactions to things too.

Couple ALL that you wrote above and ADD in
"you didn't say too much did you?"

Now what are you thinking...first thought that enters?

The recording of LH saying it was her biggest fear and they talked about it often is a game changer for me... When Ross said it was his biggest fear I thought he was just talking crap... But LH saying it too? And saying they talked about it often? Plus she sent him that email about a car death and said "Don't be this father". Plus the "I would hate it if that was my son" comment.

The only way I can see this making sense, apart from malice murder, is if RH had left Cooper in the car before, either accidentally or intentionally. That also explains the photos RH was taking of Cooper arriving at daycare and why LH immediately thought RH must have left Cooper in the car when he wasn't at daycare.

And don't forget the Ross and LH's text exchange from the night before Cooper's death.

LH: Don't forget Cooper.
RH: NEVER! Except that one time.

Ugh.

And don't forget the Ross and LE's text exchange from the night before Cooper's death.

LH: Don't forget Cooper.
RH: NEVER! Except that one time.

Ugh.

I wish we had heard evidence of that 'one time'.

I know that you have posted this before, but neither of them did ANYTHING to prevent this from happening. It's just unbelievable. Literally unbelievable.

Well, it sounds like Ross at least tried to employ the "look again" tactic but forgot that day. That "look again" thing seems like a useless tactic to me - I liked Brewer's idea of taking off a shoe and placing it with the baby.

I agree the shoe is the best one- look again only works if you don't forget - so you might need to be reminded like the newer cars are starting to do. Or like when Walmart self checkout reminds me to look in my cart LOL(not funny as in haha funny, but it makes me look)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've worked for davita - the dietitians don't deal with any of what us nurses deal with. I don't think she's accustomed to dealing with death. She does seem like a caretaker by nature though- given her job and how we saw her treat Ross.

Also we did have patients die, but never at dialysis. That would be very unusual- could happen of course because they are medically fragile patients, but any sign of distress and we don't keep them for that days treatment.

Edit- this post just landed randomly. I can't even remember what you guys were talking about that triggered me to write it LOL. I was just catching up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you cannot remember your baby, why would anyone remember to do a shoe or anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leahruss