Trial Sidebar audio, transcripts released! *Discuss here*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Devout catholics are opposed to the death penalty. I'm not going to debate religion. They were all death qualified, but it makes me wonder. Agree with everything you said about the killer. :seeya:

BBM - I am Catholic and support the DP and have nothing against Mormons.

I think she spent too much time on the witness stand. The jury bonded with her.

I agree completely, and this creature needs to be put down like a mad dog.

Agreed. Jodi truly is a rabid dog. Anyone who could do what she did to Travis is an animal. And as such all of society (including other inmates and jail guards) need to be protected from her. She has already attacked another inmate and she frankly just needs to be eliminated from all of society. There is no room for people like Jodi.

For anyone who may know ...

Have any of the jurors (including alternates or dismissed) explained how the jury foreman was chosen? Has the foreman himself explained how he became the "foreman"?

Addendum:

Still haven't found an answer to my question but while looking came across a new interview with the foreman who explains why he voted for the DP and what he thinks about justice for Travis's family. (FYI please let the video play out as they added additional footage from a later broadcast)

http://www.azfamily.com/video/?id=211014911&sec=528732

Dawn, jury foreman did not vote for DP. He voted for life. And his reasons were the mitigating factors.

It's actually an un-designated status conference (planning/scheduling meeting).

From JSKS' court docket calendar:

CR2008-031021 6/20/2013 8:30 Status Conference - Undesignated
Parties: State Of Arizona, Jodi Ann Arias

Thank you!! Wondering if this will be televised?? Anyone?

TIA! :seeya:

Agreed. Jodi truly is a rabid dog. Anyone who could do what she did to Travis is an animal. And as such all of society (including other inmates and jail guards) need to be protected from her. She has already attacked another inmate and she frankly just needs to be eliminated from all of society. There is no room for people like Jodi.

re Bold - is there a thread about this "attack" - or can you just give me the Reader's Digest condensed version of "when", "why", and "how"??!! I missed this when it happened!!

re Bold - is there a thread about this "attack" - or can you just give me the Reader's Digest condensed version of "when", "why", and "how"??!! I missed this when it happened!!

Apparently, HLN managed to get hold of JA's 2009 Estrella Jail discipline report which documented a physical scuffle between her and another inmate. Natch, JA claimed she was only acting out of self defense....surprise surprise! :scared:

She had a few other infractions, such as smuggling in contraband lotions and pens/pencils (Oh, she did love her pencils in court...lol). Here's part of a recap provided by Radaronline:

"According to a discipline report... was embroiled in a fight with her cell mate at the Estrella Jail in Phoenix, Arizona, on July 27, 2009, and when the pair was eventually separated and questioned over the incident, Jodi claimed she was acting in self defense and simply protecting herself from the aggressor.

During the altercation the fellow inmate pushed Jodi against a wall and then kicked her, according to prison records......

Also on the rap sheet built up during the four-and-a-half years that she has been awaiting trial are bizarre violations of prison policy such as hiding pens under her sink in May 2009, possessing 19 unauthorized pictures in January 2010, disobeying her instructor, possessing unauthorized creams – including anti-itch, anti-fungal and acne lotion – and the discovery of even more pens in shampoo bottles and under her bunk."

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/04/jodi-arias-prison-rap-sheet-attacked-cell-mate

ETA: FYI, it was discussed here,but was just easier/faster to google it

Apparently, HLN managed to get hold of JA's 2009 Estrella Jail discipline report which documented a physical scuffle between her and another inmate. Natch, JA claimed she was only acting out of self defense....surprise surprise! :scared:

She had a few other infractions, such as smuggling in contraband lotions and pens/pencils (Oh, she did love her pencils in court...lol). Here's part of a recap provided by Radaronline:

"According to a discipline report... was embroiled in a fight with her cell mate at the Estrella Jail in Phoenix, Arizona, on July 27, 2009, and when the pair was eventually separated and questioned over the incident, Jodi claimed she was acting in self defense and simply protecting herself from the aggressor.

During the altercation the fellow inmate pushed Jodi against a wall and then kicked her, according to prison records......

Also on the rap sheet built up during the four-and-a-half years that she has been awaiting trial are bizarre violations of prison policy such as hiding pens under her sink in May 2009, possessing 19 unauthorized pictures in January 2010, disobeying her instructor, possessing unauthorized creams – including anti-itch, anti-fungal and acne lotion – and the discovery of even more pens in shampoo bottles and under her bunk."

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/04/jodi-arias-prison-rap-sheet-attacked-cell-mate

ETA: FYI, it was discussed here,but was just easier/faster to google it

Last night I think it was on Nancy Grace they also mentioned she had an infraction for being in possesion of other inmates mail. I thought that was odd.

BBM - I am Catholic and support the DP and have nothing against Mormons.

Woah there Auburn! Please do not insinuate that I have anything against Mormons! :stormingmad: My post was clear and later clarified even more! In the Catholic religion, the DP is frowned upon.

I am Catholic and would have given her the DP!!!! Don't know why you threw in the Mormon thing, but it's not right! If it wasn't directed at me, then I apologize in advance. Just want to make it perfectly clear, the killer deserves the DP, IMO! And...there isn't a religion in the world that would change MY mind! :twocents:

JMO.

Last night I think it was on Nancy Grace they also mentioned she had an infraction for being in possesion of other inmates mail. I thought that was odd.

Lucy, from what NG said, could you tell if the mail infraction was a recent thing? In other words, is this since her 2009-10 fighting/pen smuggling escapades?

I wouldn't be surprised if, even in her allegedly isolated circumstances, Jodi managed to plan/pull off jail capers....

Lucy, from what NG said, could you tell if the mail infraction was a recent thing? In other words, is this since her 2009-10 fighting/pen smuggling escapades?

I wouldn't be surprised if, even in her allegedly isolated circumstances, Jodi managed to plan/pull off jail capers....

No I don't believe a date was given she just rattled off the list of things she has been caught doing. It was he first I ever heard of the mail though.

I don't know much about it other than what Dr Drew said last night on his show. That she was able to attack another inmate while in handcuffs. And she has numerous other infractions as well.

I don't know much about it other than what Dr Drew said last night on his show. That she was able to attack another inmate while in handcuffs. And she has numerous other infractions as well.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1306/11/ddhln.01.html

SNIPPED:

PINSKY: And Jodi wore a stun belt in court. Her feet were shackled when she wasn`t in the courtroom. Now, we might, in fact, know why. Journalist, Shanna Hogan, is author of about to be a publish book, "Picture Perfect" about Jodi. Shanna, why was she in chains and a stun belt?

VOICE OF SHANNA HOGAN, AUTHOR: Right, Dr. Drew. We`re learning now that the sheriff wanted her shackled because he actually thought Jodi was a flight risk. He cites in his (INAUDIBLE) that her jailhouse rap sheet (ph) which was an 11-page document that included these infractions she committed while behind bars which ranged from things like hiding pens to really aggressive behavior.

PINSKY: Now, I have those reports right here in my hand, Shanna. I`ve got them right here. This is really fascinating. They`re very institutional kinds of report of misconduct. And then, there`s further actions taken by the judges who review these documents. And yes, she`s doing all kinds of squirrely things. Is that what they`re talking about, Shanna?

HOGAN: Absolutely. In 2009, she was in her cell and her back was pushed against the wall, and a guard saw her kicking one of her cell mates. And then, the next year in 2010, the guard noticed that there were screws missing from a light fixture. When they searched her cell, they found it underneath the toilet seat with several empty bags and some mysterious brown powder.

She also had pictures that were unauthorized. Pens that were not allowed in jail and mail belonging to some of the other inmates.

PINSKY: And what I love, Shanna, in every single one of these reports -- again, these are formal reports of misconduct. One of them, particularly, they told her over the loud speaker, told her to sit down and stop talking. She kept on going. But in every single report, she blamed other inmates. It`s classic Jodi. Right?

There's more but I find these transcripts maddening to search through:banghead:

Of all of the "characters" in this trial, ALV fascinated me the most. I can't wait to hear what went on in the judge's chambers with her. I bet it's a real humdinger. And most of all I want to know what the question was that JM kept asking for permission to ask ALV. I never did get the feeling that he got to ask that question.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back