trial thread: 3/30/2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just went back and read MR's interview....alot of red flags must have gone up with LE during this interview

When he was talking about dating Amanda, he stated he went out with/hung out with her about 3 times. He didn't know her last name, didn't know for sure the name of the street she lived on and didn't know where she worked. When asked where she worked, he stated he really knows nothing about her.

When asked who else he knew in town he said Terri Lynn, when asked for her last name he states that he does not know, then mentions that he "thought Lynn was her last name but I guess not" hmmm he must have found out her last name to figure that one out, but still admits that he does not know her last name.

He quickly changes the subject when LE starts talking about his car. Also rambles through and changes the subject when asked if he saw TLM on April 8th.

When asked if he knew TM he said I don't know who that is. hmmmm this interview was May 15th, he is living in Woodstock, TM was the headline of all newspapers, all newscasts including her daily 1pm pressers and on the radio news broadcasts since April 8th and was the talk of the town. Who in Woodstock of all places would not know who TM was at this time?????

Here's one part of MTR's statement to LE that I believe: the one where he said he was assigned the role of taking care of CM. He did drive TLM around on her errands before her arrest and I think it's true that she asked him to take care of her mother after she was arrested for the breach. This is why I believe it:

561042419_o.jpg

This is CM's phone. Even if TLM had been using it before her arrest, she would just have put "Mike" on it. The fact that it says "Mike Tzs Man" suggests to me that either TLM did that so CM wouldn't forget who he was, or CM did it herself. This was obviously for CM's use in case she needed him ... especially after TLM was jailed. If it's true what CM said that she didn't like him, I don't believe that stopped her from asking him to run errands for her. Doesn't strike me as having a lot of pride.

JMO

Because you can't see the faces of the defence team or the crown or the witness who is testifying where the reporters are tweeting from. No Internet is allowed in the courtroom so all reporters who are tweeting are in the overflow room. The one camera is faced right at MTR and you can see his expressions and movements clearly.

I do find it interesting to see how MTR reacts to certain things, not saying that he is acting in a wrong or right way because who knows what that is but I think it says a lot how he behaves during different parts of testimony.

Jmo

:moo:How someone acts in the prisoner's box can say volumes to the jury. Rolling eyes, scowling, mouthing stuff, is drama and shows immaturity. If he's innocent, the evidence or lack of evidence will get him off. An accused should show he is listening attentively to everything that pertains to his case, after all this is all about him. So throwing in the drama and facial expressions is going to be noticed by the jurors, and could have a negative impact on his case for sure. If this is a typical courtroom set up with a prisoner box, MR is in direct line of the jurors view. It is deliberately set up this way so the jurors can see him and his reactions. I am really surprised his team has not spoken to him about his behaviour. Then again, maybe they don't care MHO.

If the cops are being told that Tori was taken because of a drug debt, wouldn't you think they would bring that up with TM and JG to find out who they owed? Find out who they are in debt to, find the kidnapper/killer. If TM and JG owed the debt to TLM, that would lead the cops to her, and in turn, lead the cops to MR.

Yes, I think he was trying to cover his *advertiser censored* in that interview, but I believe he was also trying to lead the cops to TLM without having to implicate himself.
That's my opinion and interpretation, only time will tell.

MOO

Maybe the Crown and defense cleared this up already and it's under publication ban? :waitasec:Don't forget there is still a ban and only certain people are privy to some of the information, notably the jurors. Guess we will have to wait and see if more information comes out about this right? Maybe through another witness? There is a reason why some things seem to be unanswered or left hanging in mid air; the drug debt theory, the single shoe Mrs. M found, who actually bludgeoned Tori with the hammer. We have to remember this is not CSI where everything is covered and solved in an hour show. HTH. Let's compare it to a weekly or daily murder mystery show. The answers I'm sure will come in due time. I only wish it was a show and not reality. :moo:

Here's one part of MTR's statement to LE that I believe: the one where he said he was assigned the role of taking care of CM. He did drive TLM around on her errands before her arrest and I think it's true that she asked him to take care of her mother after she was arrested for the breach. This is why I believe it:

561042419_o.jpg

This is CM's phone. Even if TLM had been using it before her arrest, she would just have put "Mike" on it. The fact that it says "Mike Tzs Man" suggests to me that either TLM did that so CM wouldn't forget who he was, or CM did it herself. This was obviously for CM's use in case she needed him ... especially after TLM was jailed. If it's true what CM said that she didn't like him, I don't believe that stopped her from asking him to run errands for her. Doesn't strike me as having a lot of pride.

JMO

Im not sure if I believe that or if he stated this as an excuse to nose around. I just have this odd picture in my head - of the daughter who punches her mother in the face, asks her boyfriend, (supposedly) who raped, helped murder and bury an 8 year old girl, to CARE for her mother.

561042419_o.jpg

JMO
Maybe.
Maybe they knew 15 different Mikes and had to put sort of a descriptor for each of them
Mike - dog breeder
Mike -oxy contact
Mike - dude from bar
Mike - Tzs man
etc.

Who knows. None of us here know for sure who entered the info or why, or that it was obviously for CM's use. heck, maybe TLM needed to put an extra descriptor since she was so high all the time, she didn't know who she was calling.

Im not sure if I believe that or if he stated this as an excuse to nose around. I just have this odd picture in my head - of the daughter who punches her mother in the face, asks her boyfriend, (supposedly) who raped, helped murder and bury an 8 year old girl, to CARE for her mother.

Unless by "care for" she meant 'get drugs for'?

Maybe the Crown and defense cleared this up already and it's under publication ban? :waitasec:Don't forget there is still a ban and only certain people are privy to some of the information, notably the jurors. Guess we will have to wait and see if more information comes out about this right? Maybe through another witness? There is a reason why some things seem to be unanswered or left hanging in mid air; the drug debt theory, the single shoe Mrs. M found, who actually bludgeoned Tori with the hammer. We have to remember this is not CSI where everything is covered and solved in an hour show. HTH. Let's compare it to a weekly or daily murder mystery show. The answers I'm sure will come in due time. I only wish it was a show and not reality. :moo:

The only thing that's under a publication ban is TLM's Statement of Facts that was placed after her hearing in April of 2010. In December of 2010 that ban was partially lifted and an edited version was released to the meda. Even the edited parts are now gradually coming out at the trial.

If there were any further bans, we would have heard about it, but there are not. The jury has not seen or heard anything that wasn't also heard by the media covering the trial. They have passed all that on to the public, with some perhaps withholding the most gruesome details. Certainly more information will be forthcoming, but there is no ban on this trial.

JMO

I just went back and read MR's interview....alot of red flags must have gone up with LE during this interview

When he was talking about dating Amanda, he stated he went out with/hung out with her about 3 times. He didn't know her last name, didn't know for sure the name of the street she lived on and didn't know where she worked. When asked where she worked, he stated he really knows nothing about her.

When asked who else he knew in town he said Terri Lynn, when asked for her last name he states that he does not know, then mentions that he "thought Lynn was her last name but I guess not" hmmm he must have found out her last name to figure that one out, but still admits that he does not know her last name.

He quickly changes the subject when LE starts talking about his car. Also rambles through and changes the subject when asked if he saw TLM on April 8th.
When asked if he knew TM he said I don't know who that is. hmmmm this interview was May 15th, he is living in Woodstock, TM was the headline of all newspapers, all newscasts including her daily 1pm pressers and on the radio news broadcasts since April 8th and was the talk of the town. Who in Woodstock of all places would not know who TM was at this time?????

All of those are very good points...

I was thinking in the terms of the immediate aftermath of what must have been a very frenzied attempt to hide all the evidence.

I must say, that I was struck by the crime set photos on how far back the farm lane went...........and really have to wonder if MR was stopping the car so that TLM could talk to VS...........why did he need to drive so far back just to do that?

Another thought I had, was that my in-laws were grain farmers in Saskatchewan. The one thing I know is that farmers have a tendency to check their land..........all the time.

Unless they were busy planting or harvesting, on the vacations we took out there we would go drive around the land several times a day..........just for something to do and to keep an eye on the land.

This crime took place in the early evening, but how did MR know that someone from the house across the street didn't see him turn into the lane and wonder what he was doing there? How did he know that he had the time or safety to do everything that was alleged and not have the farmer drive up the lane in his truck? How did he know that he wouldn't run into the farmer on the way out........or be spotted coming out of the lane?

All the speculation about pre-planniing just doesn't add up when considering what actually happened.........the chances they took driving around and stopping in public places......and then driving down the lane.

Something seems to be missing.

Druggies who do what was done to Tori do not think normally, they don't think like most people...so I don't get too hung up on the smaller details "that don't make sense to do" as again they don't think the same way, they make shocking decisions. I really truly believe that people who do that sort of thing have some sort of brain damage deep in their brains whether a genetic abnormality or something else...I think it is more than just nurture...so it would not be surprising that they do other stupid things that can't be explained by a normal person. IMO Truly you can't compare what a normal person would do in that situation after the fact...as a normal person did not commit the act...normal people don't do those things, they are F'd up!:banghead: So I think..F'd up people who are also on drugs. What sensible can ever come out of that combo. IMO

You know there is a concerted effort to rid this country of oxycontin by doctors and LE. It is not just because Oxycotin is addictive. It is because of what the drug addicted do in quest for these drugs and what they do because of how long term these drugs affect the brain. Some really horrible things have happened in families due to oxycontin and lots of violence IMO.

..and crazy or malevolent people on drugs??? Chills down my spine.

The system doesn't always get things right...but I feel in this case the best minds were brought in and this case affected so deeply LE involved that the correct verdict will come...whatever that may be. I have complete faith this will turn out the way it is supposed to turn out.

Everybody here smoked - Carol, JG, Tara, TLM and probably MTR. (Actually, I'm not sure about MTR, as the pic of him smoking is years old.) It's definitely not TLM's writing. Normally, I would think that it would be JG or TM's writing on there, but the crossed-out "Brad" makes me think it was Carol. It seems like JG and/or TM were at the house, either talked dog breeding or bought Oxys, and asked Carol to take their address and phone number for future reference. Carol got confused, wrote "Brad" instead of "James", crossed it out, and then got it right.

Why would MTR plant this at Carol's house? It was common knowledge that TM was already a suspect in her daughter's disappearance. The rumour was all over town and TM herself verified that she had met Carol to talk about breeding the dogs. There was no need to plant this and he'd never have made the "Brad" mistake. There was also the CD with the same info on it in TLM's handwriting.

If I'm not mistaken, TM has denied writing this. That only leaves James and Carol and my money is on Carol.

JMHO

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/1142826--tori-stafford-murder-trial-mother-s-shortcomings

bgojg2.jpg

BBM

The CD cover was written by Tara M as she testified to. Just trying to keep the facts straight. :)

BA testified that at one point MR was going to help search on one of the searches for Tori. But yet on the audio tape with LE he couldn't say Tori's name..just called her the little girl that went missing. Is that an excuse for being in the key areas after the fact...he was helping to look for the missing girl? So many questions to still be answered IMO.

BA testified that at one point MR was going to help search on one of the searches for Tori. But yet on the audio tape with LE he couldn't say Tori's name..just called her the little girl that went missing. Is that an excuse for being in the key areas after the fact...he was helping to look for the missing girl? So many questions to still be answered IMO.

I wonder what day he said this to BA, he made himself sound so involved in the case by "going to help search for Tori"

When asked if he knew anything about the missing little girl MR stated to LE on May 15th that "he heard the helicopters"

Everybody here smoked - Carol, JG, Tara, TLM and probably MTR. (Actually, I'm not sure about MTR, as the pic of him smoking is years old.) It's definitely not TLM's writing. Normally, I would think that it would be JG or TM's writing on there, but the crossed-out "Brad" makes me think it was Carol. It seems like JG and/or TM were at the house, either talked dog breeding or bought Oxys, and asked Carol to take their address and phone number for future reference. Carol got confused, wrote "Brad" instead of "James", crossed it out, and then got it right.

Why would MTR plant this at Carol's house? It was common knowledge that TM was already a suspect in her daughter's disappearance. The rumour was all over town and TM herself verified that she had met Carol to talk about breeding the dogs. There was no need to plant this and he'd never have made the "Brad" mistake. There was also the CD with the same info on it in TLM's handwriting.

If I'm not mistaken, TM has denied writing this. That only leaves James and Carol and my money is on Carol.

JMHO

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/1142826--tori-stafford-murder-trial-mother-s-shortcomings

bgojg2.jpg

Wait wasn't the CD cover with the writing TM's writing, I believe she testified to writing that. I am also sure I read the writing on the cigarette box or whatever it is is carols's writing. I will look for articles when not on my iPod.

Jmo

The only thing that's under a publication ban is TLM's Statement of Facts that was placed after her hearing in April of 2010. In December of 2010 that ban was partially lifted and an edited version was released to the meda. Even the edited parts are now gradually coming out at the trial.

If there were any further bans, we would have heard about it, but there are not. The jury has not seen or heard anything that wasn't also heard by the media covering the trial. They have passed all that on to the public, with some perhaps withholding the most gruesome details. Certainly more information will be forthcoming, but there is no ban on this trial.

JMO

Just a question....why would they still have this ban on TLMs statement of Facts now that the trial is on?

Good point! Another red flag. He doesn't mention to the police that he wanted to help look for Tori since that would alert the police right away. I wonder if he was talking about Tori to his friends just as a phishing technique to see what info other people had on the topic, all while diverting attention away from himself and only Tara and James. As for being in the key areas, no one knew where the key areas were except for him and TLM. Apparently the key areas of suspicion were TM and JG and the people they owed drug money to. He did have six weeks to get a story together and he had wheels to get around to "search"JMO

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/raffertytrial/2012/03/30/19573121.html

I am not sure ... did TLM testify that she cleared the car tracks from the snow. Question would there be snow on the ground? From the pics taking in march 2010 there is no snow ... From the video of HD and the school yard no snow ...

Yes she did state that she messed up his tire tracks. The area did have a good size snow fall on April 6th (the area school buses were cancelled). Snow was still on the ground on April 8th 2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member