Trial Thread 4/19/2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't exactly right. The facebook page owner can set viewing options. There are many pages out there, someone could spend 20 minutes on without being friends of the page owner.

So it depends on how AL set her privacy features. MR may have had access because she had not de-friended him yet. Or she may have an open facebook page, or who knows...............

Salem

MR was still commenting to AL after the murder I thought. So I don't believe she did de-friend him.

MOO

Michael Rafferty’s phone record shows gap during Tori Stafford abduction and murder, court hears

The man accused in the death of Victoria (Tori) Stafford did not use his cellphone for more than three hours in the time period that the eight-year-old girl was allegedly abducted, sexually assaulted and killed, his trial heard Thursday.

Pages of detailed records belonging to Michael Rafferty presented in court showed a gap in phone calls and text messages on his BlackBerry between 4:28 p.m. and 7:46 p.m. on April 8, 2009 — the day the Grade 3 student was last seen alive.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/0...ri-stafford-abduction-and-murder-court-hears/

ETA: Is this article incorrect in the times?

Is Rafferty testifying?

Timothy Appleby is implying that there is alot of speculation he is.

Phone records link Rafferty to alleged route taken in Tori's abduction, trial hears

Records retrieved from the network of cellphone towers across Central and Southern Ontario showed that Mr. Rafferty’s BlackBerry left an electronic footprint corresponding closely to the route he and his co-accused, Terri-Lynne McClintic, are alleged to have taken after Tori was abducted and driven away.

As he has done during much of this week’s evidence, Mr. Rafferty sat in the prisoner’s box scribbling notes furiously, heightening speculation that he plans to testify in his own defence.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/phone-records-link-rafferty-to-route-allegedly-taken-on-day-of-toris-disappearance-trial-hears/article2407739/?utm_medium=Feeds%3A%20RSS%2FAtom&utm_source=Home&utm_content=2407739

Well how nice for MR to know he won't be going to that dump. Maybe he'll get a nice new state of the art home. He really does get a lot of breaks doesn't he?

MOO

Your not kidding!!!

CAN YOU GUESS WHAT THIS IS?

I guarantee you won't believe it!
Can you get it on the first picture or second or third.

IT IS . . .
Canada's NEWEST prison just outside of Toronto

And yeah, they can also choose from the menu !

(I have about 15 pics from this new prison resort and I could only upload 5)
Rafferty will do just fine wherever he goes :O(

Attachments

• tp01.bmp
    284.8 KB · Views: 33
  • untitpo2.bmp
    264.9 KB · Views: 33
  • tpo5.bmp
    335.2 KB · Views: 34
  • tpo6.bmp
    305.9 KB · Views: 27
  • tp12.bmp
    322.3 KB · Views: 30
According to this article, the phone was shut off between 4:18 pm and 5:03 pm.

As has happened in other modern-day murder trials – the Shafia family drowning deaths near Kingston are an example – cellphone records have become a crucial tool in police efforts to piece together a person’s movements.

In this instance, it was a 7:47 p.m. voice call from Mr. Rafferty’s BlackBerry, connecting with a tower near Mount Forest, close to where Tori’s body was eventually found, that first pointed detectives in that direction.

The other 11 calls – six voice calls, five data calls – showed that after leaving Woodstock that afternoon he was next in the Guelph area, where he and Ms. McClintic allegedly bought a hammer, garbage bags and drugs.

From there he headed north toward the small towns of Arthur, Fergus and Mount Forest, the records show.

After allegedly murdering Tori, he and Ms. McClintic then headed back south again and returned to Woodstock, which Ms. McClintic estimated was between 9 p.m. and 10 p.m.

During that time period, there was a gap of roughly 45 minutes, from 4:18 p.m. to 5:03 p.m. when it can be shown that the BlackBerry was switched off, Mr. Broad agreed under cross-examination by Mr. Rafferty’s lawyer, Dirk Derstine.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/phone-records-link-rafferty-to-route-allegedly-taken-on-day-of-toris-disappearance-trial-hears/article2407739/?utm_medium=Feeds%3A%20RSS%2FAtom&utm_source=Home&utm_content=2407739
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news... RSS/Atom&utm_source=Home&utm_content=2407739

Your not kidding!!!

IT IS . . .

Looks like a dance floor to me ... they can do the chachacha all night long in that place!

I will answer your questions in blue inside the quote cuz I'm too lazy to scroll up and down :)

Hello Kitty ! Am I correct in my understanding that:

1. RIM can track BBM activity as it is the service provider for Blackberries. RIM does not have a record of what the BBM messages said ... but does know who originated them, who received them, and the times sent and received - including any delay in reciept.

Yes to everything except the records of the messages, I do not know if they do or do not have records of messages, I don't work for RIM.

2. RIM does not have a record of text messages as they are not internet based.

Rim has nothing to do with text messages :) That is strictly a carrier service.

3. RIM does keep track of phone calls made from a Blackberry for billing purposes - the same I assume for incoming calls as it is air time.

No, the carrier keeps tracks of phone calls/data etc. Rim keeps track of Blackberry messenger because BBM is strictly a RIM product. The carrier can track data that BBM generates tho. But only as data, they would not know it was a BBM message, we guess because so little data is used during a BBM transmission

4. It is possible that RIMs records would therefore show BBM activity (ie 24 messages to one BBM contact) and cell phone voice calls. If there was text activity AT ANY TIME during those 24 hours, RIM would have no record.

Bolded by me: Yes Blue color: No Red coloured:(no) Text messages are tracked by carrier, not RIM. Text messages have nothing to do with RIM Altho, they may not know it was text, they would still know the phone was used at that time :)

Thx! You rock at this stuff!!!

I think the Crown is trying to say from just after 5pm until close to 8pm MR was not texting, not sending BBMs or actively using his BB.
IF the defense's statement that he left the area (walked around?) while TLM killed Tori then it is likely that MR would have used the BB. I suspect the Crown is trying to show that during a span of almost 3 hrs MR was doing something besides using his BB and that something could be exactly what TLM said he was doing.
IMO, MOO, JMO etc

...and I thought I was the only one left in the world without a cell phone. Nice to see there are two of us, lol.

Oh I have one. It's just a $25 buck a month pay as you go (cheapy), more for important connections, rather than just wasting my day away. lol

what sections are left for the crown. what about the frantic texting to CS? Will we find out what that is about? JMO

Your not kidding!!!

IT IS . . .

(I have about 15 pics from this new prison resort and I could only upload 5)
Rafferty will do just fine wherever he goes :O(

pleeeeasee tell me that place is not for murderers. JMO

LOL...we were already told why there was a "disruption" in his phone Mr Derstine. He pulled the battery out. Because he had an abducted child in his car and he didn't want to be tracked. And he didn't watch enough CSI or read enough Websleuths to know that he just had to turn it off. ;)

MOO

It's amazing to me how much he's trying to confuse the jury with all this phone stuff. I bet it worked too. But hopefully the jury is going to be asking alot of questions :)

Looks like a dance floor to me ... they can do the chachacha all night long in that place!

i heard that place has balconies so the prisoners can get fresh air out side their cell. JMO

Dont get me wrong .... I love the tweets, but d*mmt we sure miss a lot of details .... that must be why Derstine was trying to establish that the phone may not have been turned off or had its battery removed - that it just may have been a glitch in service. Grrrr

We did have testimony today there were no problems

However, he suggests they found there were no problems on April 8th, 2009. No reported issues.

On April 8th, no site performance issues came up from Bell in the applicable areas. That's also admitted.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member