Trial Thread 4/25/2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RaffertyLFP: Court being shown chronology of Rafferty-McClintic relations from first meeting

Showing a timeline of McClintic and Rafferty's activities, significant points in the case.

Rafferty had an average of 64 phone calls/texts/data calls between Feb. 1 and April 7th, 2009.

Steven D'Souza ‏ @cbcsteve
Court now seeing an animated timeline from Feb. 09 to May 2009 showing major events in the case #sl

on Apr. 10/09 (two days after #Stafford taken) #Rafferty sent 13 text messages to McClintic's mom's cell #sl

Court seeing calls made by #Rafferty to Charity Spitzig, Armstrong and numerous drug associates and friends of McClintic #sl

Wasn't April 10th the day that TLM said they got together to discuss their "story"? I bet he didn't pick her up but rather met her somewhere.

MOO

RaffertyLFP: From Feb 1 April 7 2009 average 142 calls texts BBMs from Rafferty' Bberry

Rafferty had an average of 64 phone calls/texts/data calls between Feb. 1 and April 7th, 2009.

That number went up to 77 from April 8th to May 19th, 2009.

RaffertyLFP: Court is now seeing powerpoint chronology of all Raffety calls made April 8

I thought the point here would be to show that MR was constantly on his BB, but conspicuously quiet during the hours that Tori was allegedly with him.

RaffertyLFP: First calls, texts after midnight to/from Charity Spitzig and Elysia Haid

April 8th timeline shows Rafferty called Haid at 12:31 am. Spitzig and Rafferty exchanged 10 BBM messages between 12:40 and 12:51.

Rafferty's car was spotted at 9:04. At 9:36, Rafferty sent a text to Haid.

Police tallied #Rafferty's phone use: btw Feb 1 - Apr. 7/09 averaged 64 voice/text/data calls a day.

RaffertyLFP: 9:47 am Spitzig put $400 in Rafferty. Account about 10 am "Everything good" Facebook posting

At 9:47, Spitzig put 400 dollars into Rafferty's account. He texted Armstrong.

He also exchanged more messages with Spitzig and Armstrong as the morning went on. Withdrew $400 at 11:10 am.

Rafferty called 5 McClintic drug associates between 11:13 and 11:20.

RaffertyLFP: Rafferty later picks up $400 and makes calls in morning to McClintic drug buddies

Another text to Armstrong at 11:23. Rafferty made two more calls to McClintic drug associates soon after.

RaffertyLFP: Court recesses for 20 minutes

On morning break for 20 minutes.

RaffertyLFP: 9:47 am Spitzig put $400 in Rafferty. Account about 10 am "Everything good" Facebook posting [via Twitter]

@AM980_Court
He also exchanged more messages with Spitzig and Armstrong as the morning went on. Withdrew $400 at 11:10 am.

@AM980_Court
Rafferty called 5 McClintic drug associates between 11:13 and 11:20.

Another text to Armstrong at 11:23. Rafferty made two more calls to McClintic drug associates soon after.

For the defence..this could mean his facebook "good things comming my way.. was he knew he got money and pills for pick up and calling TLM druggies to buy. Can sound like he had his day planned to do this. Again just saying it could be used that way for defense. JMO

Court in recess. Just before we saw phone records merged with events of Apr.
8th giving a clearer picture of what #Raffery did that day #sl

From Apr. 8 – May 19/09 police say #Rafferty averaged 77 texts/voice/data calls per days. 65 pins per day (excluding incoming) #sl

for example: Apr. 8/09 at 11:10 a.m., #Rafferty withdraws $400 from account, 11:13 a.m. makes 5 calls to McClintic's drug associates #sl

11:31
Mike Knoll: @Teri - TLM's testimony has been the only evidence presented regarding the sexual assault; however, it depends what you infer from the fact Tori was only wearing a shirt when she was found. As far as the jury finding Rafferty guilty of something other than 1st degree murder, it will depend on how the judge charges the jury and the instructions he gives them following the arguments from both sides.
Here's an excerpt from our coverage following the Crown's opening statement:

But jurors don't have to determine which actions Rafferty and McClintic took individually, only that together they killed Tori, said Gowdey as he neared his quietly dramatic ending to an opening delivered in measured, sombre tones.

"Your task will be to decide whether they acted together when they picked up Tori . . ., whether they acted together when they . . . bought the garbage bags and the hammer, whether they acted together when they took to Tori to an isolated location where all of her clothing was removed but her T-shirt, whether they acted together to bring about the sexual assault of Tori, whether they acted together when Tori was killed, when she was placed in garbage bags and when heavy rocks were placed on top of her."

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/raffertytrial/2012/03/05/19463111.html

11:28
Comment From Teri
A couple quick questions I'm hoping you can help me with. I've been following LFP but wonder about a couple of things. With the Crown wrapping up their case soon has their been any evidence given, other than from TMcl, regarding the sexual assault? Also, if she is admitting she killed Tori can a jury find MR guilty of murder? (Assuming the jury chooses to believe her testimony in court over original police statement.) Can the jury find him guilty to something other then first degree?

11:34
Mike Knoll: @Miche - just a record of the text being sent.
11:33
Comment From Miche
Do you see the actual texts or is there just the record of a text sent?

11:36
Mike Knoll: @Phil - yes. Once the jury is sequestered we will have much additional reportage.
11:35
Comment From Phil
Usually,when a murder case wraps up,and jury is sequestered prior to reaching a verdict,additional "info" on accused's past is revealed. Will you be reporting on this,if applicable?

11:37
Mike Knoll: @dustin - the jury does their snacking during breaks.
Comment From dustin
Excuse me sir this is a two part question: question the 1st: suppose a jury member gets hungry can they eat snacks during the trial, question the 2nd: what would be the ideal snack for a jury member to eat I would assume things like carrots would be distracting.

LOL

RaffertyLFP: Court is seeing a color-coded list of Rafferty's calls to Charity Spitzig Barb Armstrong and McClintic's drug buddies

Phone records show Rafferty and Terri-Lynne/Carol McClintic continued to communicate after April 8th.

RaffertyLFP: Court is shown list of calls and texts from Rafferty to McClintic after her arrest

Callls and texts "after" her arrest?

They let inmates "text".............?

I thought LE knew she was involved and arrested her on a breach of probation, so why was let call and text people?

Whose phone was she using?

JMO...........

11:39
Mike Knoll: @guest - the debates surrounding evidence and what can be heard by the jury are what we constantly refer to as 'legal arguments' - there are objections from both sides on what should and should not be permissible.
11:38
Comment From guest
why would this 'additional info' not be part of the evidence while the jury isn't sequestered?

Mike Knoll: @dustin - the jury does their snacking during breaks.
Comment From dustin
Excuse me sir this is a two part question: question the 1st: suppose a jury member gets hungry can they eat snacks during the trial, question the 2nd: what would be the ideal snack for a jury member to eat I would assume things like carrots would be distracting.

LOL

Hahaha.............priceless........JMO........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste