trial thread: 5/15/2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh! I didn't realize we were back to the prosecution! Well, the defense didn't have much to say. I doubt we missed much!

really.jpg

If I sat on the jury for 5 weeks of this case and then didnt get to go into the deliberations I would be annoyed.

"Oh dang, I was hoping juror #8 with all the questions would be the alternate...."

So the jury will have time to deliberate today, it's only about 3:00 pm in AZ.
I missed most of the defense, it sure went quick.

How are we going to know when the jury comes back?! I don't get any news from AZ! (I never thought about this before.)

"Oh dang, I was hoping juror #8 with all the questions would be the alternate...."

Beth Karas said that juror would sit there with his arms crossed, as if he was .....maybe....... mad.

I hope they keep someone at the court in case the verdict comes back this afternoon. They've still got 2 hours of court time available this afternoon.

How are we going to know when the jury comes back?! I don't get any news from AZ! (I never thought about this before.)

I did think about this before, maybe check their news channels tonight and tomorrow morning......

Juror number 3 dismissed as an alternate (still is under admonition). Judge thanks #3 for their service and tell him he/she may go.

Judge will read jury instructions.

-choose foreperson
-8 jury panel (must be unanimous) Once all 8 agree, foreperson will fill out the verdict forms
-review jury instructions and verdict forms (must follow these instructions)
-any questions during deliberations, use jury question form (in writing)
-verdict forms as follows:

1. conspiracy to commit custodial interference (choose guilty or not guilty)

- if guilty of the offense, do you further find the defendent conspired with the parent to secrete the child (wording not exact here)

2. on the charge of forgery - guilty/not guilty

TS be looking a little nervous!

I honestly think the jury will come back guilty on both counts.

MOO

Mel

Did I miss both the defense and the prosecution rebuttal? Can anyone give me a recap please?

I suspect the'll go out to deliberate and take an initial vote to see where everyone stands.

I did think about this before, maybe check their news channels tonight and tomorrow morning......

I'm local, so I will dust off my television, turn it on and hope there is some sort of "breaking news". If there is, I will post here as fast as possible.

Ok any guesses on how long the jury will be out? I am going to pick 3 hour 30 minutes.

Beth Karas said that juror would sit there with his arms crossed, as if he was .....maybe....... mad.

I know! I wish there was a bubble to put that in, as if it was coming out of TPS' head. :fence:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member