TRIAL Week One - Ross Harris 3 October 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Catching up trying to watch opening statements with headphones is like ice pick through my ears. Has it been mentioned how long this trial is expected to last?

ciao

Searching for a cruise to take Cooper on. 20 minutes after getting out of the car he was searching for this cruise and can't remember Cooper is in the car.

How did he ever get any work done? He comes in late, searches for cruises, sexts teenagers, goes to lunch, sexts and then leaves early. what a screw up.

Ok you guys you need to really listen to ME, lol he did this on purpose and here's the reason why I believe that. He didn't forget to take Cooper to CFL, he didn't leave him in the car then, he took him inside with him. Then he walks out and puts Cooper back in the car seat, then drives off and in less than a minute HE FORGETS????? Really?? Then pulls into the parking lot at his work and has to BACK IN most likely looking behind him to do so. He never noticed his son???? sorry, I'm not buying into his forgetting act.. :scared:

I think it was smart of the defense to say, repeatedly, that Harris from the beginning never denied being responsible for Cooper's death ("What have I done? What have I done? ").

Yes, Harris is most certainly responsible for Cooper's death. That obviously is different, though, than his being guilty of the criminal charges brought against him for Cooper's death.

I'm now even less sure that any felony charges should have been brought against Harris (certainly not any that equate what happened with murder), and close to convinced he had no intention whatsoever of harming Cooper.

He either forgot Cooper was in the car or he didn't. If he didn't forget and left Cooper on purpose, IMO whatever he did afterwards doesn't make him more guilty, and, if he did forget Cooper by the time he reached the intersection, whatever he did afterwards is irrelevant, unless it bears directly on missed cues about Cooper not being at daycare, which Harris doesn't appear to have received.

I think it is a more nuanced question that 'he either forgot or he didn't.'

If he forgot because it was a very long drive, and he was tired from being overworked and he forgot to drop his child off, then that is a tragic mistake.

But if he only had to 'remember' for 1 minute, to turn left to the daycare, but he forgot because he was distracted by his 'whisper' app, and his sexting plans, then that is more than an accident. To me, that is severe neglect and possibly manslaughter.

It is not like he forgot to take him to day care, because he got so involved in his difficult job and had no time to think. In fact, he did not seem to be doing much of anything at work at all that morning, other than checking emails and his various creepy apps.

Some of these people have smelled death before, some have smelled soiled diapers, some have smelled a child's spit up, especially milk...and some people cannot smell all or any odors. I never could smell a dirty diaper because of having cleaned with bleach when I was younger, it messed up my nose smelling certain things (thanks mom, mom only cleaned with bleach). I would watch the boys actions or mostly kept checking the diaper! So I can 'see' why there are different testimonies on the car odor, the baby smelling. I believe there was an odor. However, I do not believe the baby 'spat up' when dad gave CPR...that was a normal fluid release...and also, I read here yesterday, that dad did not do CPR because he did not know how to. How could dad know the baby 'spat up'?
IMO defense is twisting some words, smells, etc. just like defense lawyers do to help their clients. I need to hear more, but I have a hard time with defendants laughing before and after trial days, and reading the reports on dads behavior when taken into custody sets up my hinky meter on high alert.
IMO guilty of neglect for sure but I need to figure out if it was intentional, an accident and at what point dad remembered...more questions.
These are hard cases.
In my opinion it isn't the defense twisting words and smells. Without asking questions about smell, no one mentioned smell other than Stoddard. Stoddard is the one and only person that was around that car that day that smelled anything. The CPR man was the closest to Cooper and smelled nothing. We can all imagine just how many LE were on scene that day...and only one smells decomposition? I arrived at start of trial with open mind and open opinion and wanting to hear facts and facts alone. No editorials from witnesses, no questions with intent only of emotional tug on jurors. Facts. We have just scratched the surface with facts. I have tried to imagine facts of this case and how it would have progressed had we not known JRH such a philanderer. LE would have based almost everything on patterns and facts. I think we will see at end of trial JRH was a loving dad from many angles and testimony to support it. I think khe can be a loving dad and a terrible husband at the same time. I just have to keep trying to separate those two roles. Lousy husband, guilty. Messing w underage girls, guilty. Premeditated, undecided.

I have a question for those who appear to think the law enforcement plotted this all out against Harris. What was their motive? They were sitting around, get called out to a scene, they don't know Harris, Cooper, or Leanna from John Doe....but for some reason...they decide they are going to lock up this poor innocent father who just wanted to eat his Chick-fil-a and text groin photos to young girls? How could he be expected to remember his toddler strapped into that car seat for that 5 or 6 minute drive or throughout the entire day?

Sorry for the sarcasm but I am flabbergasted at the passes given to Harris' behavior and the willingness to impune bad motives to law enforcement officers.

In my opinion it isn't the defense twisting words and smells. Without asking questions about smell, no one mentioned smell other than Stoddard. Stoddard is the one and only person that was around that car that day that smelled anything. The CPR man was the closest to Cooper and smelled nothing. We can all imagine just how many LE were on scene that day...and only one smells decomposition? I arrived at start of trial with open mind and open opinion and wanting to hear facts and facts alone. No editorials from witnesses, no questions with intent only of emotional tug on jurors. Facts. We have just scratched the surface with facts. I have tried to imagine facts of this case and how it would have progressed had we not known JRH such a philanderer. LE would have based almost everything on patterns and facts. I think we will see at end of trial JRH was a loving dad from many angles and testimony to support it. I think khe can be a loving dad and a terrible husband at the same time. I just have to keep trying to separate those two roles. Lousy husband, guilty. Messing w underage girls, guilty. Premeditated, undecided.

That's not true. There were two men who were first on the scene. The one who performed CPR was James Hawkins. The friend/co worker that was with him (Anthony Pantano) was the one who did not notice any smells.

Ross Harris Trial ‏@HarrisTrialFOX5 3h3 hours ago
Hawkings cries as he describes Cooper being pale, yellow, and dead in his arms. He says Cooper smelled like a soiled diaper.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 3h3 hours ago
James says there was a very different smell coming from the child

Two weeks before Cooper's death Ross stopped texting a photo of Cooper being dropped off at daycare. Is that around the same time Ross put Cooper back into the too small carseat?

This is why I have a difficult time believing Cooper's death was an accident. The fact he left chik fila and pulled into work so soon after is why I don't find his claim he forgot-credible. Then hearing about his trip @ lunchtime to the car to put light bulbs in-I'm not buying his story. Him asking the officer how long she had been working for the police, just after Cooper was lying on the ground deceased & in rigor mortis.

I have a question for those who appear to think the law enforcement plotted this all out against Harris. What was their motive? They were sitting around, get called out to a scene, they don't know Harris, Cooper, or Leanna from John Doe....but for some reason...they decide they are going to lock up this poor innocent father who just wanted to eat his Chick-fil-a and text groin photos to young girls? How could he be expected to remember his toddler strapped into that car seat for that 5 or 6 minute drive or throughout the entire day?

Sorry for the sarcasm but I am flabbergasted at the passes given to Harris' behavior and the willingness to impune bad motives to law enforcement officers.

Sorry, I haven't read where anyone in this forum has accused Law Enforcement of plotting this all out against Harris. Perhaps I missed it. However, Detective Stoddard did at the very least embellish parts of his testimony during the preliminary hearing. You only have to read the AJC podcasts to know that. You referenced Harris' behavior. I assume you are referring to his sexual activity and/or his reactions. I haven't given Ross a pass on his sexual indiscretions. However, that is for another day and a different trial. I'm also not going to assume this man is guilty because he didn't react like you or I would. To tell you honestly, I don't know how I would react in a similar situation.

How did he ever get any work done? He comes in late, searches for cruises, sexts teenagers, goes to lunch, sexts and then leaves early. what a screw up.

Dont forget he makes group movie plans as well?

Two weeks before Cooper's death Ross stopped texting a photo of Cooper being dropped off at daycare. Is that around the same time Ross put Cooper back into the too small carseat?

What do you think this means? Did he send her photos everyday when he dropped Cooper off?

This is why I have a difficult time believing Cooper's death was an accident. The fact he left chik fila and pulled into work so soon after is why I don't find his claim he forgot-credible. Then hearing about his trip @ lunchtime to the car to put light bulbs in-I'm not buying his story. Him asking the officer how long she had been working for the police, just after Cooper was lying on the ground deceased & in rigor mortis.
SABBM

The bolded part of that post ^^^ makes it very hard for me to think this was an accident. Imo.

Will follow this trial and want to see justice done. I'll admit this RH turns my stomach. So does his wife.

I hope they show the jury a picture or a replica of the inside of the car. Someone posted a picture back in the early threads here---it was the same type of car as this, with the same baby seat---and it shows that the baby's seat would be INCHES away from Ross's driver seat. There is no way he could have parked or looked even inches to the side, without seeing the baby.

When you are in charge of your baby, your responsibility is to care for them, protect them. He failed miserably and should be held accountable, in my opinion. :cow:

What do you think this means? Did he send her photos everyday when he dropped Cooper off?

RSBM

That's interesting. If RH did this... it shows an attention to detail and the minutiae of his daily schedule. Which makes it harder to believe he forgot little Cooper that horrible day.
:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member