Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At http://findstacypeterson.com/forum/index.php?topic=614.75

Cassandra says in Post#78, That the pic we looked at with Paul getting out of the car showing Salt and Pepper hair. Is the Paul she knows. The other one in the garage is with dyed hair...totally can tell.

If you enlarge the dye job pic, his hair is a funky color red!
I would trust what Cassandra says...because she knows the family. Sounds like we have our second player then, doesn't it? Nice to know he and Drew have had all this time to try to get their stories straight together! I guess a family that plots together...rots together in the end!

I must say...I am getting a bit more concerned for the children...if these are the two men responsible for their complete care at the moment.

I would trust what Cassandra says...because she knows the family. Sounds like we have our second player then, doesn't it? Nice to know he and Drew have had all this time to try to get their stories straight together! I guess a family that plots together...rots together in the end!

Your brother's wife is missing, fingers are being pointed at your brother, your family is turned upside down, and you think one day, for the first time in your life...I'm gonna dye my hair a funky color red.

Your brother's wife is missing, fingers are being pointed at your brother, your family is turned upside down, and you think one day, for the first time in your life...I'm gonna dye my hair a funky color red.
Maybe he was trying to look good for the cams. :loser: (Breaking into song, "Heeee's sooo vain. He probably thinks this song is about himmmm.")

That does sound very odd that he would all of a sudden dye his hair red. There are just way too many coincidences going on. I think it's quite possible that brother Paul is involved somehow. Hate to jump the gun, but darn if none of this makes any kind of sense.

Assuming that any story related to DP's actions is true and not an attempt on his part to mislead an investigation:

Bodies start decomposing fairly quickly, depending on manner of death and whether there are open areas letting bacteria in and gasses out. I'm not sure her body is in one piece, or cut into pieces to fit into whatever DP put it in, to be frank.

The weather in the last days of Oct and first of Nov is pretty unpredictable all over the country. Even if he expected that the freight was only going 20-30 miles to Chicago, might he planned for such things as breakdowns, snowstorms, flat tires, traffic jams, traffic accidents causing delays or detours on a truck route?

Assuming that he did plan for an unexpected delay or unreliability on the part of the truckers to speed his package to its destination: Might we be able to narrow " semi trucks" down to refrigerated semi trucks?

Maybe that's why 2 truckers were approached. As I understand it, refrigerated trucks are more likely to be long haul rather than local or regional, with a pair of drivers teaming up.

Also, it's not just USDA regulated food items which travels in refrigerated trucks. National floral hauling trucks are refrigerated, for example. I'm sure there are many more examples of cooled trucks which don't have to adhere to strict guidelines about cargo.

OR that may be what the $25,000 was for.. Incentive to break rules.

Just some late night thoughts. I can't get Stacy's case off my mind tonight.
Maria

At http://findstacypeterson.com/forum/index.php?topic=614.75

Cassandra says in Post#78, That the pic we looked at with Paul getting out of the car showing Salt and Pepper hair. Is the Paul she knows. The other one in the garage is with dyed hair...totally can tell.

If you enlarge the dye job pic, his hair is a funky color red!

So now it looks like Drew may have pulled his brother, Paul, and step-brother, Thomas into his crime.

With Thomas, Drew played on his step-brother's feeling of being indebted to him because Stacy had given him gift certificates and Drew had promised to help him find a job. It appears that the step-brother, Thomas, was unaware of what he was being asked to do when Drew asked him to help move something.

But Paul seems to be a different story. The fact that Paul has dyed his hair in the past month, strongly suggests he's hiding something. It's much like DP's disguise at the beginning, wearing the bandana, baseball hat and sunglasses. I think both DP and his brother, Paul, know they were seen and possibly identified, somewhere along the way. It may have been with making contact with the truckers, or something else that hasn't become public yet. If Paul did, indeed, help his brother in the disposal or cover-up of a murder, he's going to go down as an accessory.

Now I'm wondering if LE is going to question Paul?

Paul already testified in front of the Grand Jury. As I understand it tho...he has been at Drew's house for most of the time during this fiasco since Stacy disappeared. With the new information acquired today by LE, I believe they will question him again...if they have not already. It would make sense to believe that Brodsky would have prevented it until he retains counsel on his own tho.

Sounds perfectly logical . . .

. . . if someone is feeling guilty! :)

Assuming that any story related to DP's actions is true and not an attempt on his part to mislead an investigation:

Bodies start decomposing fairly quickly, depending on manner of death and whether there are open areas letting bacteria in and gasses out. I'm not sure her body is in one piece, or cut into pieces to fit into whatever DP put it in, to be frank.

The weather in the last days of Oct and first of Nov is pretty unpredictable all over the country. Even if he expected that the freight was only going 20-30 miles to Chicago, might he planned for such things as breakdowns, snowstorms, flat tires, traffic jams, traffic accidents causing delays or detours on a truck route?

Assuming that he did plan for an unexpected delay or unreliability on the part of the truckers to speed his package to its destination: Might we be able to narrow " semi trucks" down to refrigerated semi trucks?

Maybe that's why 2 truckers were approached. As I understand it, refrigerated trucks are more likely to be long haul rather than local or regional, with a pair of drivers teaming up.

Also, it's not just USDA regulated food items which travels in refrigerated trucks. National floral hauling trucks are refrigerated, for example. I'm sure there are many more examples of cooled trucks which don't have to adhere to strict guidelines about cargo.

OR that may be what the $25,000 was for.. Incentive to break rules.

Just some late night thoughts. I can't get Stacy's case off my mind tonight.
Maria
Excellent post! You know, you might be onto something there. A reefer would afford him time if the "package" did contain her body. (Could lessen the smell and decomp) I am hopeful it is something that LE picked up on. However, after they missed the cameras at Krispy Kreme...I wonder how much they are actually doing right on this case!

We have already bantered about the 25K being payola, so to speak.

Not sure if I believe the truckers. Why would the truckers have waited til now to come forward? dp already had the 'package' in his truck, he could have taken it himself unless...

The location was a distance (hrs away) and dp had to be home when the kids woke up. Wondering if he planned to have his partner in crime catch a commercial flight to beat the truck to the destination and be there to retrieve it at the other end. Someone pointed out the Rice Lake article I found about Team Morphey was not the Rice Lake in IL but the Rice Lake in WI. Since Tom worked at the truck stop, it is possible that dp was going to set him up and take Stacy to Rice Lake, another link to Tom.

I took everyone's advice and called the Rice Lake tip in. ISP called but I missed the call. No message. I just saw the #. I called back and left another msg. They returned the call, and I missed the freakin' call again!! I wish they'd leave a msg with a direct # to a person. I called the tipline and left another msg. We are playing phone tag. They're it!

Not sure if I believe the truckers. Why would the truckers have waited til now to come forward? dp already had the 'package' in his truck, he could have taken it himself unless...

The location was a distance (hrs away) and dp had to be home when the kids woke up. Wondering if he planned to have his partner in crime catch a commercial flight to beat the truck to the destination and be there to retrieve it at the other end. Someone pointed out the Rice Lake article I found about Team Morphey was not the Rice Lake in IL but the Rice Lake in WI. Since Tom worked at the truck stop, it is possible that dp was going to set him up and take Stacy to Rice Lake, another link to Tom.

I took everyone's advice and called the Rice Lake tip in. ISP called but I missed the call. No message. I just saw the #. I called back and left another msg. They returned the call, and I missed the freakin' call again!! I wish they'd leave a msg with a direct # to a person. I called the tipline and left another msg. We are playing phone tag. They're it!

I'm glad you called the tip in. I think it's very possible that if DP intended to frame his step-brother, he would think of Rice Lake. Maybe DP even went there with his step-brothers to fish one time and considers it far enough away from Bolingbrook to serve his purposes. I checked a map and it's a good 300 miles.........far outside any search area.

In the Newsweek article it mentions that police have asked Sharon Bychowski if she had ever seen a large tote owned by the Petersons. I would think by tote they mean a large piece or luggage or bag of some kind? Perhaps that somehow relates to the package the truckers we asked to transport - maybe it was used to hold something? I wonder what the size of it was and what type of material it was made out of?

Was there some other mention of a tote before this that I might have missed?

http://tinyurl.com/3bjngd

He could have gone from his home to the truck stop just to create one more bit of distance from himself.

If the truck went up 355 there are a bunch of quarries between there and going west on 88 or one of the highways to Aurora. If the trucks were headed back west, where Drew came from, there are a bunch of lakes.

Or they could have gone south on 55.

I really hope that more truckers will call in with anything they might know.

Everyday the man is free is an insult to all of us. There are too many women missing that are known to have been killed by their husband, while the murdering husbands are still free. Drew Peterson is counting on that. I hope that he has the same fate as Michael Peterson, and Scott Peterson.

About the red funky colored hair- perhaps this was his first time coloring his hair and didn't follow the directions.

About the reefer, he could have told the truckers it was deer meat going to a butcher or something, so it would need to be refrigerated and they wouldn't want to look inside.

Ok, the part that has bugged my about the truckers, is that the arrangements say for the trucker to take the package, and meet up with DrewP at some prearranged time. I thought at first maybe DrewP meant for the trucker to not be met, leaving the trucker with an unclaimed package. Would he just ditch the package, without ever looking at it or would he get curious about what was in the this untraditional, unclaimed package and open it? That is something that DrewP couldn't predict. And he has planned many details on this, I can't believe he would leave this to chance.

However, what if DrewP meant to follow through with the arrangement? Stacy disappeared, DrewP maybe thought he would report her missing a couple of days later. Then 2-3 days later DrewP would meet back up with this trucker. He is at his leisure to dispose of the body now. And he has had more time to set up an alibi for that Sunday. The major flaw for that, is of course that why would he use moving a container with Tom Morphey as a part of that days alibi? I would think that he would want to stay away from anything that would point to his guilt in this scenario.

So the truckers I cannot explain at this point.

Ok, the part that has bugged my about the truckers, is that the arrangements say for the trucker to take the package, and meet up with DrewP at some prearranged time. I thought at first maybe DrewP meant for the trucker to not be met, leaving the trucker with an unclaimed package. Would he just ditch the package, without ever looking at it or would he get curious about what was in the this untraditional, unclaimed package and open it? That is something that DrewP couldn't predict. And he has planned many details on this, I can't believe he would leave this to chance.

It seem odd that DP would be stupid enough to ask truckers to transport a body. The real problem seems to be that no one saw the package, so there is no description of size, etc. I think someone else will come forward admitting they were the ones who asked truckers to transport the package.

Have to wonder what type of LOAD the two truckers were carrying??

IF IF IF it were a refrigerated cargo, ARE there regulations about not opening the door to the load, while enroute??

Any truckers reading here??

Are long haul REFRIGERATED trucks restricted from opening the DOOR holding the FOOD until they reach the paid for destination?

I know when my Schwans guy comes he has tiny doors all around the outside of his truck, with specific items in each, so that the ENTIRE load is not exposed to temperature changes, while looking for specific food items. What would the configuration of a Long Haul Refrigerated truck be, as for stashing different food items????

Are refrigeratd trucks sealed at port of departure, and NOT opened until they reach their destination????

I also wonder IF IF IF the truckers SAW A REAL package, OR IF IF IF they just discussed an UNSEEN package?

Is this another diversion by DP??

No doubt there was a real body, the BIG question is: What did DP do with it?

Brodsky issued a press release in response to the truck driver info.
One of the highlights:

First, for the record, Drew Peterson categorically denies that any such encounter took place. It is our belief that anyone who logically examines the scenario that is being suggested by the Illinois State Police will reject it out of hand being nonsensical.
http://gretawire.foxnews.com/

The truckers have apparently not discussed if there was an offer of money for transporting the package. It would seem there should have been. A trucker wouldn't think of doing this for free.

Then, too, it would seem that if Drew approached a trucker, he/she would need to be an independent driver. No company driver would be willing to jeopardize his/her job to haul an unauthorized package. DP, from his LE experience, probably would have been able to recognize an independent driver from a company employed driver. Because of his background, it seems strange that DP would do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member