OK Tulsa, victim of 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre, identified as WWI veteran C.L. Daniel of Georgia

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Blurgle

Reaction score

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — A World War I veteran is the first person identified from graves filled with more than a hundred victims of the 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre that devastated the city’s Black community, the mayor said Friday.

Using DNA from descendants of his brothers, the remains of C.L. Daniel from Georgia were identified by Intermountain Forensics, said Mayor G.T. Bynum and officials from the lab. He was in his 20s when he was killed.

Tulsa Mayor G.T. Bynum announced today the first identification of a Tulsa Race Massacre victim since the City started the physical part of its 1921 Graves Investigation five years ago. The identification is a man by the name of C. L. Daniel, a World War 1 U.S. Army Veteran whose next of kin’s DNA is tied with Burial 3 from the 2021 excavation at Oaklawn Cemetery.

. . .

"Not everything that is faced can be changed,” Tulsa Race Massacre Descendant Brenda Nails-Alford said. “But nothing can be changed until it is faced. Just keep living, and you’ll understand.”

Let's hope this is the first of many, and that Mr. Daniel receives a dignified reburial as all murder victims deserve.

Let's hope this is the first of many, and that Mr. Daniel receives a dignified reburial as all murder victims deserve.
This is incredible. I'm so happy that his family has closure. I'm sure that his uniformed played a role in his murder, as it did it many other murders of Black returning soldiers after ww1 and WW2.

SIP Mr. Daniels.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back