Turkey - Terror attack Istanbul nightclub 31 December 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That is hat with a pom pom on the end...it's doesn't look like a Santa hat though...it just looks like a winter hat with a Pom Pom. Assuming it's a Santa hat seems like just that assumption.

Of all the images of scene I havent seen one that really looks like a man in a Santa suit.

But there are definetly outfit changes going on and I still think he had a buddy already in that club.

That is hat with a pom pom on the end...it's doesn't look like a Santa hat though...it just looks like a winter hat with a Pom Pom. Assuming it's a Santa hat seems like just that assumption.

Of all the images of scene I havent seen one that really looks like a man in a Santa suit.

But there are definetly outfit changes going on and I still think he had a buddy already in that club.

Wondering if maybe undercover LE disguised in Santa outfits jumped into action, confusing witnesses?
speculation.

That's a good thought...but are you saying you think it's LE on CCTV changing out of Santa clothes?

Wondering if maybe undercover LE disguised in Santa outfits jumped into action, confusing witnesses?
speculation.

Ah ha good notion Dotr - makes much more sense.

He apparently took a taxi and they have impounded the taxi and are interviewing the driver

SKY

That's a good thought...but are you saying you think it's LE on CCTV changing out of Santa clothes?

Not necessarily, but there must be a reason the P.M. said perp was not in Santa outfit.
Wondering if that was so people would not try and chase down or be afraid of, the undercover LE, that apparently were wearing those costumes?
In which case, if the perp was aware of those disguises, it would serve him, to change into a Santa outfit.

Crazy stuff either way, imo, speculation.

What are your thoughts on the fact we see him enter in dark clothing...then see him in light clothing inside, then see him removing this light clothing....

Are we really to believe one person managed to have 2 outfit changes in a club with 600 patrons plus undercover security ... and yet despite these outfit changes managed to control the entire scene the whole time?

No one tried to jump him or stop him while he's changing? Something is not adding up here.

One of my friend in Turkey just posted to his facebook wall: Happy New Fear #istanbul

This hurts my heart so much.

What are your thoughts on the fact we see him enter in dark clothing...then see him in light clothing inside, then see him removing this light clothing....

Are we really to believe one person managed to have 2 outfit changes in a club with 600 patrons plus undercover security ... and yet despite these outfit changes managed to control the entire scene the whole time?

No one tried to jump him or stop him while he's changing? Something is not adding up here.

Very confusing, possibly meant to be that way if it was just one wardrobe changing perp, but maybe there were others acting as decoys?
speculation, rbbm.

http://www.citynews.ca/2016/12/31/new-years-attack-packed-istanbul-club-leaves-35-dead/
Private NTV news channel said the assailant entered the upscale nightclub, on the shores of the Bosporus, on the European side of the city, dressed in a Santa Claus outfit. The minister said the lone attacker was believed to have left the club wearing different clothing.

Security camera footage obtained by AP from Haberturk newspaper, shows the male assailant dressed in black and carrying a backpack as he shoots down a police officer outside the Reina nightclub.

Footage taken by a different camera shows him inside the venue wearing different clothes and a Santa Claus hat.

I guess what I don't understand is how he would have managed to change his wardrobe from dark outside the club to light inside the club if we see him basically shoot his way in.

He would have had to stop shooting at some point to change? So how's that work.

I'm not questioning the purpose here...I'm questioning the practicality aspect of how that actually happens....and something really doesn't add up.

He had to have help inside.

http://in.reuters.com/article/turkey-attack-idINKBN14L0PT
"At first we thought some men were fighting with each other," said a Lebanese woman who gave her name as Hadeel and who was in the club with her husband and a friend. "Then we heard the sound of the gunfire and ducked under the tables.

"We heard the guy screaming Allahu Akbar (God is Greatest), all three of us heard that ... We heard his footsteps crushing the broken glass," she told Reuters. "We got out through the kitchen, there was blood everywhere and bodies."

Officials spoke of a single attacker, a "lone wolf" in the parlance of Islamic State, but some reports citing witnesses including on social media suggested there may have been several.
The incident bore echoes of an attack by militant Islamists on Paris's Bataclan music hall in November 2015 that, along with assaults on bars and restaurants, killed 130 people.
Nationals of Saudi Arabia, Morocco, Lebanon, Libya, Israel, a Turkish-Belgian dual citizen and a Franco-Tunisian woman were among those killed, officials said. Saudi newspaper al-Riyadh said five of the dead were from Saudi Arabia.
France said three of its citizens were wounded.
A massive security operation unfolded to track down the fugitive assailant or assailants and any conspirators.
rbbm.

I guess what I don't understand is how he would have managed to change his wardrobe from dark outside the club to light inside the club if we see him basically shoot his way in.

He would have had to stop shooting at some point to change? So how's that work.

I'm not questioning the purpose here...I'm questioning the practicality aspect of how that actually happens....and something really doesn't add up.

He had to have help inside.

Rbbm.
Bingo, ita.
decoys...
speculation.imo.

I fear this could be a lot more complicated and messy and I fear Erdogan could be a piece of it. I don't trust him one bit.

Regardless he's definetly controlling the narrative on this moving forward and we will be really lucky if we ever get the whole story.

He's not above imprisoning journalist who even attempt to write something he doesn't want public.

Private NTV news channel said the assailant entered the upscale nightclub, on the shores of the Bosporus, on the European side of the city, dressed in a Santa Claus outfit.

Security camera footage obtained by The Associated Press from Haberturk newspaper, shows the male assailant dressed in black and carrying a backpack as he shoots down a police officer outside the Reina nightclub.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2017-01-01-08-22-16

Yildirim said the attacker left a gun inside the venue and escaped by "taking advantage of the chaos" that ensued.

Mehmet Dag, 22, was passing by the club and saw the suspect shoot at a police officer and a bystander. He said the suspect then targeted security guards, gunning them down and entering the club.

"Once he went in, we don't know what happened. There were gun sounds, and after two minutes the sound of an explosion," Dag said.

Among them were an 18-year-old Israeli woman; three Indian citizens; three Lebanese; a woman with dual French-Tunisian citizenship and her Tunisian husband; three Jordanians; and a Belgian national, according to the countries' respective foreign ministries.

Turkey's Minister of Family and Social Policies Fatma Betul Sayan Kaya said citizens of Saudi Arabia, Morocco, Lebanon and Libya were among those hurt in the attack.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/istanbul-nightclub-attack-sunday-1.3917992
[h=2]Female basketball players inside nightclub[/h] Players from a U.S. sports league, the WNBA (Women's National Basketball Association), were among the foreigners at the club, Koksal said.
There is no nationwide advisory in effect for Turkey. However, you should exercise a high degree of caution due to crime, the threat of terrorist attacks and ongoing demonstrations throughout the country," the Canadian government said in an online update late Saturday.

[h=2]Is ISIS to blame?[/h] ISIS (Islamic State in Iraq and Syria) is most likely behind the attack, said Besma Bomani of the independent think-tank the Centre for International Governance and Innovation.
"Seeing that this was not a security establishment we can rule out the [outlawed] PKK (Kurdistan Workers' Party), because they've been very clear on targeting Turkish security and military installations.
"This is more likely an ISIS attack. Particularly since it's a nightclub, it's more likely that profile."

Starting burials are they like us jewish like bury quick or something??

A loan terrorist kills 39 people at Reina nightclub. If he was not a terrorist, he would be one of the deadliest spree killer besides Woo Bom-Kon (Bom-Kon Woo), Martin Bryant, Tian Mingjian (Mingjian Tian), Seung-Hui Cho, Camp Elias Delgado, and Mutsuo Toi.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rampage_killers

I do not include Mohamed Lahouaiej-Bouhlel, Anders Breivik, Omar Mateen, and Seifeddine Rezgui as they are terrorists despite being some of the deadliest spree killers.

He is not the man dressed as Santa. Yet the Santa-man was shooting too.

I can't help wondering why that little dog was in this nightclub. So odd to see it wandering in the video.

It has been reported that there were undercover cops dressed like Santa. I wonder if that was a cop we saw firing, maybe towards the shooter?

Also, that may have ben an undercover cop taking off the Santa clothing. He might have wanted to be sure the other cops knew it was him and not the terrorist?

It has been reported that there were undercover cops dressed like Santa. I wonder if that was a cop we saw firing, maybe towards the shooter?

Also, that may have ben an undercover cop taking off the Santa clothing. He might have wanted to be sure the other cops knew it was him and not the terrorist?

Very strange. IMHO he looks more like the shooter without his Santa dress.
On the other hand, it would be odd if the terrorist took off his disguise in front of the CCTV for all the world to see.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow
Back