Twitney Spears enters rehab! Threads Merged

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Compos Mentis said:
I really don't know if Britney was technically "addicted" to anything. To me, personally, it just seems like she was more emotionally spinning out of control and probably taking everything that was around (like the club scene for example). So I believe she was drinking alot, taking E, maybe some coke - you know, stuff immediately available in that lifestyle. And it seems like this is something she was doing in the last five months since the baby was born - so I don't know if she was really "addicted" per se. That doesn't mean she couldn't overdose or anything like that. I just believe her family had to get her into a treatment facility - because she did (does) need to be treated! She was completely out of control and needs to get control of her life and start becoming an adult, 25 year old mother of two. There are probably serious underlying psychological problems here - but not so sure how much of it is a true "addiction".
This is pure speculation of course because I don't know what she was taking, but I do think she is physically and mentally and emotionally addicted to drugs. Jason Alexander - her husband of 55 hours - says she used X (to party), coke (to stay awake the next day), pot (like cigarettes), xanax and vicodin (to come down and get some sleep) and would stay awake for days at a time using like this. Not to mention booze. She was with him a few years ago.

At least four of the drugs mentioned in his laundry list are very physically addictive and lend themselves to quickly developing a tolerance so you have to use more for the same effect. I'm hard pressed to believe she didn't have some sort of genuine habit going - even if she was able to tone it down from time to time or keep it under some semblance of control for a while.

There's no question for me that her physical detox is probably very nasty.

southcitymom said:
This is pure speculation of course because I don't know what she was taking, but I do think she is physically and mentally and emotionally addicted to drugs. Jason Alexander - her husband of 55 hours - says she used X (to party), coke (to stay awake the next day), pot (like cigarettes), xanax and vicodin (to come down and get some sleep) and would stay awake for days at a time using like this. Not to mention booze. She was with him a few years ago.

At least four of the drugs mentioned in his laundry list are very physically addictive and lend themselves to quickly developing a tolerance so you have to use more for the same effect. I'm hard pressed to believe she didn't have some sort of genuine habit going - even if she was able to tone it down from time to time or keep it under some semblance of control for a while.

There's no question for me that her physical detox is probably very nasty.
Yeah, I hear you, SCMom. I don't think she was using though when she was pregnant with baby #1. And after he was born, I don't think there was speculation of her using then (as a new mother). Then she got pregnant with baby #2 and, again, can't imagine that she was using during pregnancy (doubt even dopey K-Fed would put up with that).

So, my point is, I think she was involved in the club-scene drugs. As you point out - yes - they can definitely be addictive. But, just from my point of view, she was really only using them (more recently) for five months since the birth of her second son. I think with Britney the bigger problem is that she is totally messed up psychologically/emotionally. Have you ever watched that interview of her with Matt Lauer (while she was pregnant w/ #2? - it's on YouTube). Anyway, she is a total MESS! Physically, emotionally, psychologically, (and intelligently! she really comes off as a total idiot). She's not high or anything in it - just a mess.

I think she just cracked after #2 was born. I think drugs were just part of her acting out. I guess I don't see how she could have true addiction in five months (but, as you said she was doing drugs years earlier). Just my opinion - but I think the drugs were a side component (for lack of better wording) to her deeply messed-up psyche.

I'm trying to think of another person like Britney - in terms of starting as a cute child performer and then very quickly becoming super-sexualized at a young & tender age. Then performing on tour in front of tens of thousands. Being on the cover of countless magazines - most of them extremely sexualized. Paparazzi hounding 24/7. This was her "growing up". I'm sure someone can come up with someone else w/ this scenario - but I can't think of anyone like Britney who was denied an education, sexualized from a very young age and brought to huge, huge pop-stardom at a young age. I'm not surprised at all that this young woman is such a mess. It's really sad.

Compos Mentis said:
Yeah, I hear you, SCMom. I don't think she was using though when she was pregnant with baby #1. And after he was born, I don't think there was speculation of her using then (as a new mother). Then she got pregnant with baby #2 and, again, can't imagine that she was using during pregnancy (doubt even dopey K-Fed would put up with that).

So, my point is, I think she was involved in the club-scene drugs. As you point out - yes - they can definitely be addictive. But, just from my point of view, she was really only using them (more recently) for five months since the birth of her second son. I think with Britney the bigger problem is that she is totally messed up psychologically/emotionally. Have you ever watched that interview of her with Matt Lauer (while she was pregnant w/ #2? - it's on YouTube). Anyway, she is a total MESS! Physically, emotionally, psychologically, (and intelligently! she really comes off as a total idiot). She's not high or anything in it - just a mess.

I think she just cracked after #2 was born. I think drugs were just part of her acting out. I guess I don't see how she could have true addiction in five months (but, as you said she was doing drugs years earlier). Just my opinion - but I think the drugs were a side component (for lack of better wording) to her deeply messed-up psyche.

I'm trying to think of another person like Britney - in terms of starting as a cute child performer and then very quickly becoming super-sexualized at a young & tender age. Then performing on tour in front of tens of thousands. Being on the cover of countless magazines - most of them extremely sexualized. Paparazzi hounding 24/7. This was her "growing up". I'm sure someone can come up with someone else w/ this scenario - but I can't think of anyone like Britney who was denied an education, sexualized from a very young age and brought to huge, huge pop-stardom at a young age. I'm not surprised at all that this young woman is such a mess. It's really sad.
It hear you too, CM. I agree that the drugs are symptomatic of bigger and deeper issues - to be certain. I'm one of those who think post-partum might have a hand in this - and, as you point out, there's underlying trauma from her skyrocket to fame at a young age.

Still - depending on the drugs she was using - if she was using coke and vicodin and xanax regularly for 5 months (and - like you - I doubt that's the first time she's used those things), she could definitely have a physical habit at the end of that time - those drugs in particular are just highly physically addictive.

I think most addicts who seek help and get clean realize at some point that the drugs weren't the real problem - the real problem was their inability to deal with the stressors of life in a healthy way. But - as has been pointed out in this thread - there's no real hope of addressing and facing the underlying problems while you're still using, so that has to come first.

To angarella and others: I respectfully can tell you that yes, I have been in a detox center.... not as a patient, by the way.

I suppose there are detox centers and there are detox centers. Perhaps the one where I was was more medically oriented than the one where you were?

This would be something to look into before one makes the committment to detox. How is that first week handled? Is there a strong medical orientation to it, or is the patient expected to just "gut it out"?

Please believe me when I write this - and I write it out of compassion - there is no good reason for a patient to have to "go through hell" while physically detoxing. I am not going to say it is pleasant, but NOBODY should be vomiting or shaking a lot. These are signs that the patient is not being medically managed properly.

Chemical detoxification is a recognized medical procedure. There are medical guidelines and parameters for this procedure. Oftentimes insurance pays for it. Patients should expect good and compassionate care. And if they aren't getting it, they or an advocate should speak to the medical doctor in charge of their care.

This is medical care, NOT punishment. People should expect to be cared for appropriately.

AlwaysShocked said:
To angarella and others: I respectfully can tell you that yes, I have been in a detox center.... not as a patient, by the way.

I suppose there are detox centers and there are detox centers. Perhaps the one where I was was more medically oriented than the one where you were?

This would be something to look into before one makes the committment to detox. How is that first week handled? Is there a strong medical orientation to it, or is the patient expected to just "gut it out"?

Please believe me when I write this - and I write it out of compassion - there is no good reason for a patient to have to "go through hell" while physically detoxing. I am not going to say it is pleasant, but NOBODY should be vomiting or shaking a lot. These are signs that the patient is not being medically managed properly.

Chemical detoxification is a recognized medical procedure. There are medical guidelines and parameters for this procedure. Oftentimes insurance pays for it. Patients should expect good and compassionate care. And if they aren't getting it, they or an advocate should speak to the medical doctor in charge of their care.

This is medical care, NOT punishment. People should expect to be cared for appropriately.
I agree with you, AS.

The first week is focused on medically managed chemical detox. The psych portion is barely touched upon at this point.

However, after the first week or so, the meds are slowly being withdrawn and the psych care is taking over. Some patients do still experience detox symptoms (whether they are true physical symptoms or psychological) and their care is very difficult to assess. Obviously, there is the problem of substituting one drug for another. That has always been the problem I have had regarding the treatment of heroin addiction with methadone. It has never made sense to me that patients were indefinitely placed on methadone for their addiction; merely switching one for the other; one is legal and one is not. :rolleyes:

Detox would have been easier for me if I could have had a substitute drug! :crazy:

Well now I guess we just sit back and see what happens next huh?!.. Becuase yall know the paparazzi arent going to leave the girl alone and the little stint in rehab in my opinion wasnt long enough to even begin to cover first base of what is really going on with her. But anyways I do wish her luck... if anything for her two boys.

Britney Spears leaves rehab

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=228456

It doesn't mention it here but I heard (lol) that there was some rehab romance going on..that would be typical Brits if it were true- anyway let's hope she can do a bit better than she was doing before going in

Well now I guess we just sit back and see what happens next huh?!.. Becuase yall know the paparazzi arent going to leave the girl alone and the little stint in rehab in my opinion wasnt long enough to even begin to cover first base of what is really going on with her. But anyways I do wish her luck... if anything for her two boys.

I wish Britney well, I do. But I think she has a huge uphill battle and her support people (family, friends) better be in a position to really help her.

I hope she doesn't go the way of the "Lindsay Lohan Rehab-Lite" program. I just love how Lindsay gets out of rehab & two seconds later is back in the clubs every night!! Unreal. It's like a crack addict going back to the crackhouse & saying..."no, I'm not going to use anymore...I just like the atmosphere & I want to be around my friends". Oh, ok. Good luck with that.

I wish Britney well, I do. But I think she has a huge uphill battle and her support people (family, friends) better be in a position to really help her.

I hope she doesn't go the way of the "Lindsay Lohan Rehab-Lite" program. I just love how Lindsay gets out of rehab & two seconds later is back in the clubs every night!! Unreal. It's like a crack addict going back to the crackhouse & saying..."no, I'm not going to use anymore...I just like the atmosphere & I want to be around my friends". Oh, ok. Good luck with that.

Unbelievable, isn't it? I've read reports that she's (LL) been drinking. Very sad.

Unbelievable, isn't it? I've read reports that she's (LL) been drinking. Very sad.

To me it's more like "very stupid". Not necessarily Lindsay's stupidity (she is very young, she is an addict and IMO, she does not have a serious support network). Now, I don't know if I really believe the drinking part - who knows? What I do know is that this very young lady (is she even 21 yet!?!) has already gone through (a brief) rehab and is OUT CLUBBING - seemingly every night - or at least many nights per week.

Now, ok. I was young once too. I loved clubbing. But I also did not have a serious drinking/drugging problem & I was a full-time college student w/ a job. Frankly, I blame first & foremost her dumb-*advertiser censored* mother, Dina. (ever really take a look at her by-the-way? she is trying so hard to be cool & hip.....Dina, why don't you put all that energy you put into your expensive hair color, shopping, tanning, manicures, etc. and pay attention to your daughter!!!!). Dina goes to clubs with Lindsay for crying out loud - they were just out together the other night. And now her father's out of prison. The whole think is crazy.

All these trashy, uneducated, ignorant, party-woman make me want to vomit. Paris, Britney, Lindsay, Tara Reid. Vapid women who have no idea of what is going on in the real world. I'd love to take these girls to a third world country and drop them off for six months to fend for themselves without their Louis Vuittons. Hey! Now there's a reality show!

Geez, narla, was she even in there for a full month! I'd like to be hopeful, but.....

I read that she left the rehab yesterday. They say she checked in on Feb.22nd. It sure doesn't seem that long to me. I thought she was going to be there for 45 days. She will be out and about within a few weeks, IMO.

Well, leave it to me to pick the wrong detox center. :doh:

Ewww yes I know Dina needs to realize she isnt a young 20 year old anymore and give it up. She looks absoultely ridiculous and its not cute. I am 32 with a teenage daughter & when I drive her and her friends around it would NEVER cross my mind to go in and ''hang'' with them wherever I am taking them to. I wouldnt be interested first of all and second I would feel like a big ol doofus. Poor LL its obvious why she is the way she is. No type of parenting.

To me it's more like "very stupid". Not necessarily Lindsay's stupidity (she is very young, she is an addict and IMO, she does not have a serious support network). Now, I don't know if I really believe the drinking part - who knows? What I do know is that this very young lady (is she even 21 yet!?!) has already gone through (a brief) rehab and is OUT CLUBBING - seemingly every night - or at least many nights per week.

Now, ok. I was young once too. I loved clubbing. But I also did not have a serious drinking/drugging problem & I was a full-time college student w/ a job. Frankly, I blame first & foremost her dumb-*advertiser censored* mother, Dina. (ever really take a look at her by-the-way? she is trying so hard to be cool & hip.....Dina, why don't you put all that energy you put into your expensive hair color, shopping, tanning, manicures, etc. and pay attention to your daughter!!!!). Dina goes to clubs with Lindsay for crying out loud - they were just out together the other night. And now her father's out of prison. The whole think is crazy.

All these trashy, uneducated, ignorant, party-woman make me want to vomit. Paris, Britney, Lindsay, Tara Reid. Vapid women who have no idea of what is going on in the real world. I'd love to take these girls to a third world country and drop them off for six months to fend for themselves without their Louis Vuittons. Hey! Now there's a reality show!

Geez, narla, was she even in there for a full month! I'd like to be hopeful, but.....

Well if you're not, I'm not lol

She'll be running off to rehab all the time now, seems to be a revolving door for some celebs

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon
Back