TX - 10 deceased as a result of crowd surge at Astroworld festival, Houston, 5 Nov 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Excuse the dumb question as I haven’t been to the type of concert that encourages rage and swarming the stage.

What is in it for the concert attendees? I’m trying to understand why anyone would acquiesce. Adrenaline??

yes, young people waiting for hours, drinking, taking drugs getting amped up, riot mentality, group thought takes over.
It's usually harmless fun to dance but how crowded it was it's dangerous. I avoid crowds for these exact reasons. It only takes a few seconds for a crush to start.

On his 2018 song “Stargazing,” the rapper reveled in his crowds’ heaving energy: ”it ain’t a mosh pit if ain’t no injuries.” Yet the 30-year-old rapper is also one of the most successful figures in contemporary hip-hop, an endorsement-friendly business mogul in the vein of Jay-Z and Puff Daddy, and one of a handful of rap artists who can headline major festivals. His reputation as an incendiary live performer arguably exceeds his recorded music as the main driver of his current popularity.
But that penchant for inspiring chaos onstage has led to troubling situations, long before Friday’s Astroworld crowd-stampede disaster that killed eight people and left numerous concert-goers injured in Houston.

Scott has twice faced criminal charges related to inciting crowds into over-heated fervors. Before the incident in Arkansas, the rapper pleaded guilty in 2015 to charges of reckless conduct, after cajoling fans at Lollapalooza to climb over barricades and onto the stage with him during his show at the Chicago festival.

“Everyone in a green shirt get the f— back,” Scott said, referencing the festival’s security staff. “Middle finger up to security right now.” He then led the crowd in a chant of “We want rage.” (Scott often refers to his fans as “ragers.”)
Scott’s set lasted barely five minutes, whereupon he fled the scene and was soon apprehended by local police. A judge ordered him under court supervision for a year following his guilty plea.
For Travis Scott, a history of chaos at concerts, followed by a night of unspeakable tragedy

It's time he is sued into bankruptcy and permanently prevented from performing live ever again.

Travis Scott's former manager "Shane Morris" speaks out after the #ASTROWORLDFest incident

interesting

Sounds correct. He has a pattern for disregarding others' well-being, and now he is a father of a toddler, and another child on the way. That's worrisome.
The manager is right about inflating popularity via bots, a secret the music industry doesn't want the public to know.

Travis Scott, Drake sued over Astroworld concert incident

Texas attorney Thomas J. Henry filed a lawsuit Sunday against Travis Scott, whose real name is Jacques Bermon Webster, as well as Drake, whose real name is Aubrey Drake Graham. The suit also names Live Nation and NRG Stadium.

The suit is being filed on behalf of concert attendee Kristian Paredes, 23, from Austin, Texas. Paredes reportedly filed the complaint seeking more than $1 million in damages after both rappers allegedly "incited the crowd" and left him injured.

___

A lawsuit filed against rapper Travis Scott over the incident Friday night alleges Scott "encouraged" the culture that led to the incident in a May tweet.

"NAW AND WE STILL SNEAKING THE WILD ONES IN," Scott said in a since-deleted tweet in response to fans who were angry the show had quickly sold old.

A lawsuit filed on behalf of concertgoer Manuel Souza alleges the tweet "recklessly encouraged fans to breach the barriers and otherwise actively encouraged a culture of violence."

Travis Scott 'encouraged culture of violence' in May tweet, complaint alleges

Last edited:
Used to love festivals and gigs but I think being in a big crowd like that would make me feel really uncomfortable these days.

SBM

I'm old now but I've been to a million concerts; however, none at all since the pandemic.

I'm amazed that all these people were allowed to be shoulder to shoulder without masks or checking for vaccination status. That is besides the obvious tragedy that occurred.

No slam to any Texans here but in my state that would not be allowed without checking for vax status, even outdoors.

Once people breached security then clearly no one in charge could've checked for anything. My daughter is in Houston right now (we are New Yorkers) and apparently the Covid rules in Texas are much more lax than my state.

So on top of this immediate tragedy, I hope this doesn't turn into a super spreader event. Covid is still out there.

I went to several concerts over the years of many different genres though if it started to appear rough I left (from Led Zeplin to Tom Jones). Reading through the different post here making reference to attending concerts years ago it has me wondering how the generation attending TS concerts today have a different tolerance than we did in the past.

Are they more comfortable and desensitized in chaotic situations due to what they see on SM so that it feels normal to them? I looked at the sea of people and it’s astounding to me.

I am surprised that both TMZ and The Daily Mail are really coming down hard on Travis, since he's Kardashian adjacent, and both sites love the K Family click bait articles.

I will be thoroughly disgusted but not at all shocked if this features in an episode of their show.

MOO

How much are Astroworld 2021 tickets and who is in the lineup?

“HOW MUCH ARE ASTROWORLD TICKETS 2021?
If you’re looking to nab yourself some festival tickets, you can purchase passes from the official Astroworld website here.

General admission starts at $349.99, with an additional $71.35 concert fee.

If you’re looking for something a little bit extra, the 2-day stargazing VIP tickets are for sale from $724.99. The stargazing VIP pass provides festival-goers with a special VIP viewing area, a VIP bar, and extra perks.

Going all out for Astroworld? The top-tier 2-day no bystanders VIP tickets are also available for purchase at $999.99 each.

Tickets are on sale now, with a no refund policy.”

I would be one pissed concert goer if I paid for VIP passes and hundreds of people stormed the VIP gates and got access for free.

Cancelled the second day - no refunds.

HOW DID 14 YEAR OLDS GET TICKETS AT THESE PRICES????

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rah1991
Back