TX - 26 dead, 20 injured in church shooting, Sutherland Springs, 5 Nov 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping the shooter’s family and friends will enlighten us.

But what's the point and how does it help? They're almost all the same no matter who they are. All these cowards.
Some have diagnoses. But all are losers who don't feel a part of society and think they deserve more than they have.

Knowing their back stories - whether racists or getting back at an employer or ex, or inspired by religious or political ideology, or lonely, or hearing voices, or whatever. It never helps us stop the next guy.

No. Sorry. We IMMEDIATELY call for political action after a terrorist attack and that's fine. But something like this happens and it's "not the time or place" to talk about it? That needs to end now.

Tricia posted earlier we are not supposed to bring politics into this thread. Just letting you know.

Um...a good guy, law abiding gun holding neighbor stopped him otherwise it could have been worse.

Not good enough. His killing 26 people instead of 50 is not good enough for me, sorry. None of those people should have died. Not. One.

Guess he had a connection to the community...

https://heavy.com/news/2017/11/devin-kelley-p-sutherland-springs-church-shooter-patrick-kelly/

According to The Daily Beast, “Kelley was married and Kelley’s mother-in-law listed a P.O. box in Sutherland Springs as a mailing address. San Antonio police reportedly raided Kelley’s home on Sunday evening…he briefly taught at a summer Bible school.”

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
His poor mother in law. I hope she and her family are OK.
Moo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Tricia posted earlier we are not supposed to bring politics into this thread. Just letting you know.

Fair enough. I'll back off then. But we need to keep this in mind next time a terrorist attack happens, IMHO. Not talking about it is exactly why it keeps happening. JMO! Cheers everyone, off to do school work.

ETA: I didn't see the post by Tricia "in the mood to ban" Griffith until just now, so I'll traipse my *advertiser censored* out of this thread before I get the hammer dropped down on me. I'm sick to my stomach as it is.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-church-scene-shooting-sunday-report/story?id=50945596

The shooter allegedly fled the scene in a vehicle and was later found dead in the vehicle in Guadalupe County, according to the sheriff and the Department of Public Safety. It's not yet clear if he died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound or if he was shot by another person, officials said at a press conference this afternoon at Stockdale City Hall, near the church.
If he was killed by a rifle that should be a no brainer.
Didn't he drop his gun?
Moo

But what's the point and how does it help? They're almost all the same no matter who they are. All these cowards.
Some have diagnoses. But all are losers who don't feel a part of society and think they deserve more than they have.

Knowing their back stories - whether racists or getting back at an employer or ex, or inspired by religious or political ideology, or lonely, or hearing voices, or whatever. It never helps us stop the next guy.

That is the sad truest truth of these shootings. It seems to only get worse. :(

From what I read the man had a 2 year old and the guy shot at his house.
I'd go after him with my gun if my husband didn't!
Especially in a town like I live where help is 20 mins away!!!
Moo

He shot into the house of the 2 year old, who's dad is the "local blacksmith."
It was ANOTHER neighbor who shot him. Not the 2 year old's dad.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-church-scene-shooting-sunday-report/story?id=50945596

The shooter allegedly fled the scene in a vehicle and was later found dead in the vehicle in Guadalupe County, according to the sheriff and the Department of Public Safety. It's not yet clear if he died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound or if he was shot by another person, officials said at a press conference this afternoon at Stockdale City Hall, near the church.

This isn't what he said. He said (paraphrasing) it isn't clear if he died of a self inflicted wound or if the LOCAL that chased him had killed him. He did not say "another person." It was either self inflicted or the local that chased him.

Freeman Martin, a spokesman with the Texas Department of Public Safety, said the deceased range in age from 5 to 72 years old.

http://www.localsyr.com/news/nation...ople-were-killed-in-church-shooting/851599159

I just am not 100% sure that's what I heard. I thought it may have just been the victims in general. Hoping a 5 year old isn't among the dead. Also, seeing other inaccurate reports from the press conference. So I'll wait till I can listen to it again or it's confirmed.

I know a lot of people who post pictures of their guns like this. And I assume and hope they're not all going to turn into mass shooters. It's no different from people posting pictures of their cars or other gear to them. Which is what I mean about how can we know when it's crossed a line when so many people do it? Without seeing the rest of his Facebook I would say one picture and caption isn't enough to set off alarm bells for me.

I have friends who are really into their guns and post. It's not enough to indicate anything except they like their guns.

I read he was court martialed in May 2014, receiving a dishonorable discharge. He is NO veteran.

IMOO.

Veteran is someone who served. Whether discharged dishonorably or not, it still just describes that he served.

Not good enough. His killing 26 people instead of 50 is not good enough for me, sorry. None of those people should have died. Not. One.

OH~~~totally agree~~~I was responding to the call for gun control on this thread. I don't agree, and BTW~~hubby is a veteran too.

If he was killed by a rifle that should be a no brainer.
Didn't he drop his gun?
Moo

They will have to complete the autopsy first of course but it sounds like to me he dropped his rifle when the man fired at him most likely wounding him then. Didn't he crash his vehicle? If the man (hero) shot the murderer in the neck he probably was bleeding out and that is why he crashed.

I read he was court martialed in May 2014, receiving a dishonorable discharge. He is NO veteran.

IMOO.

Wow!
Usually a **dishonorable** discharge is very serious.....like committing a felony will get someone a **dishonorable**.

“Less than honorable” discharge is more common & far less significant than a **dishonorable**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avatour360