TX - 26 dead, 20 injured in church shooting, Sutherland Springs, 5 Nov 2017 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
CNN just previewed a new story; I don't know if I want to hear it. Shooter allegedly bought animals for target practice. I am always so disturbed by animal or child abuse and this cretin guilty of both. He bought dogs off Craig's List for target practice, killing them; he was fascinated with mass murder.

Noooooooooooooooooooo! This is jaw-dropping.

No words. I can't think of any words.

My golden retriever who loves to be petted is getting extra petting today.

Yes, DK had red flags indicating that he had the potential or that he was more likely to commit such horrific crime- but so do a lot of other ex cons.

There are no crystal balls. There are only reviews of red flags. Very few of the specific people with DK's red flags engage in rampage shootings. There simply is not a reliable way to predict which red flagged person will rampage, and which one never will.

I respectfully disagree.

My golden retriever who loves to be petted is getting extra petting today.

You've given me an idea. I have been feeling like I should DO something in response to this tragic case but couldn't come up with anything. In the past, I've donated blood not because it would help the victims, but a gesture of doing SOMETHING.

Well, I am going to make a donation to a local animal rescue. It won't change the world, but it is a gesture I can make.

And, I'll give my own critters some extra love today too. Good idea. Thanks.

jmo

(That's pretty much what I ended up having to do...but of course he found me...)

Stalkers are rentlessness. It's almost impossible to stop them w/o going into hiding or pray they move onto another victim, and they always do. :(

If he was my son, friend etc...I would have reported him for murdering animals. Why didn't anyone report this?!!!

Good Q. This didn't happen in a vacuum... Imo

I think we can add rampant sadist to the list of character traits on this monster.

Good Q. This didn't happen in a vacuum... Imo

I think we can add rampant sadist to the list of character traits on this monster.

There's no way all of these crimes, actions, RED FLAGS were ignored by everyone in his life! Needs to be some accountability by the AF etc...

CNN just previewed a new story; I don't know if I want to hear it. Shooter allegedly bought animals for target practice. I am always so disturbed by animal or child abuse and this cretin guilty of both. He bought dogs off Craig's List for target practice, killing them; he was fascinated with mass murder.

This is sooooop awful....:(

Serial killer behavior...I really wonder if there are more bodies out there we don't know about, especially considering his history of sexual assault.

This guy is really the worst of the worst, if there is such a thing.

Also, considering him targeting crying children, might there be pedophilic history?

People with mental illnesses are more likely to kill themselves than anyone else, and are more likely to be victims than they are perpetrators, and that's probably true in ALL countries, not just the USA.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/nov/08/facts-mass-shootings-united-states/

https://www.mentalhealth.gov/basics/myths-facts/index.html

I wonder if the definition of "mental health" and mental illness means different things to different people or if the common reference to it has changed over time? Unless drugs or illegal alcohol were involved (no excuse), to the broad definition of mental health, DK had issues with it for much of his short life.

What Is Mental Health?
"Mental health includes our emotional, psychological, and social well-being. It affects how we think, feel, and act. It also helps determine how we handle stress, relate to others, and make choices. Mental health is important at every stage of life, from childhood and adolescence through adulthood."
https://www.mentalhealth.gov/basics/what-is-mental-health/index.html

Here is where I stand with all of this right now:

I truly think the sky is falling; I think there is an increase in mass shootings, and that they are becoming more deadly. I am also afraid that this could be the beginning of much more atrocities to come, and I am so worried about our future.

The question often arises with child abductions, etc, if there is an increase, or are we just more aware of it with the internet, etc. As regarding that question, I feel there is more room for argument with that than with mass shootings. But I do not think we are just more aware of it when it comes to these shootings (and am interested in any feedback from you guys re: this).

My question is (as an educator and concerned member of society in general) what can we do about it? (Aside from gun control).

As mentioned and discussedhere and in other similar threads, one common response to my question re: why the increase in mass shootings is the aspect of the shooter being glorified in the media.

This is why we animal rescuers warn people not to rehome animals this way. It really needs to be left to the professionals who know how to screen for these psychos.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

( I used to do pit bull rescue work, and I actually had one dirt bag try to fool me into adopting a dog out to him I was fostering and trying to rehome. I found out later this monster was involved in dog fighting. He didn't get my baby, thank God. I knew by the look in his eyes...he sized her up upon first glance like a tiger might view his prey before pouncing, practically licking his lips.)

One way they are worth it - if they've violated the person can go to jail. Sometimes they work.

.....and in Arizona, if one violates it, they might just leave your property in a body bag.

They're only as effective as the LE is in your area.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff
Back