TX TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, found deceased, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Respectfully, to everyone, can we please dismiss the notion that Alan may have committed suicide, he was living a lovely life and when i saw the photograph of Alan and his mother, straight away i had a gut feeling that he was really, really happy.

And, Alan's brother, Tim, has also stated this was a murder.

Also, i saw many posts on youtube discussing this case that mentioned there are plenty of thugs in dallas who will kill you just to take your car so they have a ride home after their night of drug fuelled menace.

I think Alan was very unlucky and was spotted by one of these late night thugs on the end of a drug binge / thieving evening.

Sending love to Alan's family.
Yeah, I think given circumstances suicide seems unlikely. But certainly possible. Thus no reason to dismiss such a notion, a real possibility.

Hi itsrak, thanks for the reply to my comment but please may i ask you ... why do you still entertain the idea that this may be a suicide?
I just can't see it.

Thank you.

Hi itsrak, thanks for the reply to my comment but please may i ask you ... why do you still entertain the idea that this may be a suicide?
I just can't see it.

Thank you.

Until local LE investigating the case make a statement that takes it off the table, it's a completely legit possibility. No two ways about it, unless any of us knew Alan personally, none of us knew what his personal life was actually like.

I don't think suicide is what happened, but that's just my opinion at this time.

jmo

Yeah, I think given circumstances suicide seems unlikely. But certainly possible. Thus no reason to dismiss such a notion, a real possibility.
It is not suicide - why would he park his car and walk one mile in a crummy neighborhood just to decide to leave this world? I think it is ridicules to even consider that idea! And not to mention very disrespectful to Alan!
This is my opinion !

It is not suicide - why would he park his car and walk one mile in a crummy neighborhood just to decide to leave this world? I think it is ridicules to even consider that idea! And not to mention very disrespectful to Alan!
This is my opinion !
I share your opinion. If/until LE states it was suicide, I too consider it disrespectful to the Victim, AW, and his family who must be experiencing unimaginable grief. There has not been one word from LE to suggest this, nor anything that remotely points to it.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I just can't see it.

Thank you.
I entertain the notion simply because it is a realistic possibility, albeit perhaps somewhat unlikely given the circumstances. FWIW, I don't think there is any shame attached to the act. Sometimes people suffer from mental illness, or from great pain, or their thinking becomes quite distorted. I think Mr. White was lingering that morn, based on analysis that is not allowed here on WS. So, I think either he was lingering while communicating with someone and he was probably killed by that someone, or less likely he may have been lingering due to some sort of psychic crisis, possibly trying to figure out what to do, perhaps mulling (perceived) options ...

Side note to anyone ever contemplating suicide: a friend once told me, 'suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem'. Point being, problems come, and in time almost always go.

Last edited:
The argument is valid- two sides of the same (painful) coin IMO.
The fact is that lots of people are in denial of mental health issues or their loved ones having trouble… and they truly will not believe LE or blatantly ignore the evidence because the pain of suicide is absolutely miserable. Sometimes that’s where the facts bring us in cases on Websleuths.

On the other hand, and I believe in this case:.
If someone is murdered and you’re sick with anger and your heart is needing justice, the last thing that’s helpful is to hear that they did it to themselves. I can’t imagine the anguish of feeling that law enforcement, SM, community are just sweeping such an injustice under the rug before your eyes, salt into a very large wound. :(
Moo

A friend of Mr. White at memorial service: “Alan, wherever you are, wherever your soul is, in the heavens, in the sky, in the sand below us, in the air, in the space around us, may you finally rest in eternal peace.”

Family of Alan White holds memorial in his honor | wfaa.com

The first time I watched, I noticed the use of "finally" and came away thinking "hmm... is he suggesting suicide?". However, the next time I watched the memorial I decided I misunderstood. 'Just wanted to say that I get where you're coming from with this.

The only thing I found slightly unusual was the will was not updated to reflect Alan had married since the will was done. It changes nothing in the actual distribution of assets. Many people (including me) have outdated wills.

One reason for this might be because he was in a long term committed relationship with a man in a state/country where gay marriage is a recent thing. They likely had ROBUST wills, living wills, directives, POAs all in place for years to try to give them the protections and rights of a married couple. So it's not crazy to think that there was no reason to update some of those documents - as they were likely very comprehensive going back years. I am not a lawyer. All my opinions.

The only thing I found slightly unusual was the will was not updated to reflect Alan had married since the will was done. It changes nothing in the actual distribution of assets. Many people (including me) have outdated wills.

I don’t know if they were legally married (was that decision 2015?) but it would not surprise me if they were not. There were & are niche financial/legal industries specializing in protecting the assets of high net worth people unable to legally wed IMO. There may have been tax/real estate reasons to remain legally single as well IMO.

I’m not a T&E attorney, but nothing about the will (or real estate transactions) strikes me as unusual at all.

One reason for this might be because he was in a long term committed relationship with a man in a state/country where gay marriage is a recent thing. They likely had ROBUST wills, living wills, directives, POAs all in place for years to try to give them the protections and rights of a married couple. So it's not crazy to think that there was no reason to update some of those documents - as they were likely very comprehensive going back years. I am not a lawyer. All my opinions.

Agree. These are legally/financially sophisticated men.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helengably
Back