TX TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, found deceased, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've always taken the unpopular opinion in this case that Alan self harmed. Seeing the video of him at the gas station has me even more convinced. May he rest in peace.
I can’t rule that out either. He seemed to be acting odd and most of the family went quiet when the car was found almost like that area meant something.
People that appear to have everything can still face personal demons.

I still feel that Alan met up (either planned or unplanned) with someone who did him harm. IMO, LE may have a good idea who did this to Alan, but no proof to charge anyone.

There is no shame in death by self harm, and if that is what happened, I think his family or LE would have spoken out. JMO.

I can’t rule that out either. He seemed to be acting odd and most of the family went quiet when the car was found almost like that area meant something.
People that appear to have everything can still face personal demons.

Even if the area meant something to him, that neither rules in or out another person being there with him, though...

I still feel that Alan met up (either planned or unplanned) with someone who did him harm. IMO, LE may have a good idea who did this to Alan, but no proof to charge anyone.

There is no shame in death by self harm, and if that is what happened, I think his family or LE would have spoken out. JMO.
100% agree with your entire post!

i always consider self harm in cases like this, and i DO think its a possibility in alan's case, but not my top pick. his actions, if the plan was suicide, are just really conflicting;
-going to a woody, isolated location to kill oneself can be done if the person wants to not be found, with the assumption that that will save the family from the pain of their death
-he went missing at a time of day when he KNEW he'd be expected back home soon, and people would quickly realize he was missing, and would start searching quicker than i.e. if we went missing on a daytrip where he wouldnt be expected back for 24hrs
so...wants to be found or not?? wants time to commit his plan or not?? it doesnt add up to me.
the top suicide methods for a man in north america is by gunshot or by hanging. due to the lack of a COD/MOD ruling in autopsy report (or it still being under investigation), i doubt that evidence of either method was found on the body or on the scene.

Death by rough trade is a strong possibility JMO
Since you mention this possibility. I've long thought Rusty's strong immediate reaction was indicative of something. What that was has never been stated, but it was almost a panic. He immediately got in his car and started driving around looking for Alan. Maybe I'm over-analyzing, but there had to be a reason behind that reaction. Like perhaps Alan used certain services of the rough trade and Rusty was fearful something would happen to him.

Tim also vaguely alludes to Alan maybe being "involved in something", though he gives no details. This isn't shameful, consenting adults can do whatever they wish. But you can see how certain activities could end in loss of life, then panic sets in. His body and car, disposed of. I can see this as a possibility, all JMO.

Last edited:
Repetitive

Last edited:
Does anyone remember why Alan was listed as an Endangered Missing Person ? He went missing 10/22/20, then the designation was changed to Endangered 12/16/2020.

“Update on 12/16/2020 at 9:10 p.m.:

On October 22nd, 2020, the Dallas Police Department Youth Operations received a “Want To Locate” report regarding James Alan White on case number 188623-2020. Due to recent developments in the investigation, the report has been changed to an “Endangered Missing” person and this case is now being worked by the Special Investigations Unit of the Dallas Police Department. Mr. White was last seen driving a black 2019 Porsche Macan similar to the one pictured above.”

Since you mention this possibility. I've long thought Rusty's strong immediate reaction was indicative of something. What that was has never been stated, but it was almost a panic. He immediately got in his car and started driving around looking for Alan. Maybe I'm over-analyzing, but there had to be a reason behind that reaction. Like perhaps Alan used certain services of the rough trade and Rusty was fearful something would happen to him.

Tim also vaguely alludes to Alan maybe being "involved in something", though he gives no details. This isn't shameful, consenting adults can do whatever they wish. But you can see how certain activities could end in loss of life, then panic sets in. His body and car, disposed of. I can see this as a possibility, all JMO.

This was a great article-/ thanks for re- posting. Interesting the title is:

Two Years Later: Family Continues to Push for Answers in KPMG Exec's Murder​

Interesting, this guy, Marlon Perkins has committed at least two violent crimes in Dallas in the last 8 years— the most recent a shooting at 7:30 am in December 2023 on Happy Canyon Drive near Paul Quinn college where Alan was found:

DALLAS - Dallas police have arrested a suspect accused of shooting a man and a teenager not far from Paul Quinn College on Tuesday morning.

The shooting happened on Happy Canyon Drive, which is across the street from the school in Southeast Oak Cliff, at about 7:30 a.m.

25-year-old Marlon Perkins allegedly attacked his mother at her house. Two neighbors, a 13-year-old boy and a 20-year-old man, intervened.

“Perkins has a criminal history. He previously pled guilty to felonies including aggravated robbery, assault family violence, evading arrest and unauthorized use of a motor vehicle. It’s unclear where he got a gun from”

Fox affiliate:

In 2016, when he was 17, he participated in the armed robbery of a 7 Eleven:

“Five suspects were arrested after robbing a Mesquite 7-Eleven location at gunpoint and leading officers on a chase in a stolen car early Sunday morning, police say.
The suspects -- including three juveniles -- “demanded cigarettes, cigars and money from the cash register” at the convenience store on the 3700 block of Interstate 30 around 1:30 a.m.

The suspects then left the scene in a stolen Honda SUV, police said. A chase ensued after a Mesquite Police officer spotted the vehicle.
Perkins, who drove the stolen SUV, was charged with aggravated robbery, unlawful use of a motor vehicle and evading arrest.”

He sounds like a loose cannon and I can imagine him or another criminal trying to carjack or rob someone driving a nice Porsche….Just an example, but interesting his mother lives in the area of Paul Quinn College.

AFAIK Alan's crossbody bag was never reported as being located either in the abandoned rental vehicle nor at the site his remains were located either.
I wonder still what was inside the crossbody bag and if there's any significance to Alan's case.

Unless there is knowledge that Alan had a history of engaging in dangerous, illegal trade, I’ve scratched it off the probability list.
People can successfully engage in low level illegal drug buys and sex buys for a long time with out leaving a trail.

Your point about his profile and reputation might suggest that he was just a little more careful than other consumers and avoided impulse purchases that could lead to an undercover "sting" arrest and also restricted his purchases to select trustworthy sources to avoid "rip offs" by criminals.

Likewise, if he was purchasing illegal goods and services, he had sufficient income to pay a premium for a well.... "established and discrete provider", thus reducing chances of negative encounters with the police or providers

Until one day, circumstances changed and the supplier was no longer trustworthy?

People can successfully engage in low level illegal drug buys and sex buys for a long time with out leaving a trail.

Your point about his profile and reputation might suggest that he was just a little more careful than other consumers and avoided impulse purchases that could lead to an undercover "sting" arrest and also restricted his purchases to select trustworthy sources to avoid "rip offs" by criminals.

Likewise, if he was purchasing illegal goods and services, he had sufficient income to pay a premium for a well.... "established and discrete provider", thus reducing chances of negative encounters with the police or providers

Until one day, circumstances changed and the supplier was no longer trustworthy?
You are one of my favorite posters, but on this point I respectfully disagree. Unless there is specific evidence of this type of illegal behavior, I consider it victim bashing. I know based on your many excellent posts that would never be your intent. My point is that I find it disrespectful to the deceased, his bereaved spouse, and his family.
Again, no slight to you - just my own amateur opinion and speculation. And of course, everyone is entitled to their own speculations, but when it comes to the reputation of a deceased man, I prefer to not suggest illegal behavior unless there is evidence.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Great post, you captured my own thoughts on this possibility perfectly. This is not victim bashing AT ALL!!
It's victimology, or as Mike King calls it "The Victim Continuum". We've all been here fours years now, advocating for justice for Alan and his family.

It also ties back to what seemed to me to be odd about Rusty's immediate actions and alarm when Alan wasn't home on time.

Also Tim's comment - “Was he involved in something? I don't care what he's involved in. Everyone has skeletons in their closet. It doesn't matter at this point. I just want to know why,” said White.

We're coming up on the four year anniversery of Alan's disappearance (10/20/20) soon. I had such high hopes that Detective Eric Barnes would solve this case ... sadly it seems to have disappeared off his radar?

Time for @bombardier to make her PRR again?

If Alan had a scheduled conference call at 7 am, he is probably not too interested in anything other than doing that and getting back home in time.
Could there be somebody who for whatever reason did not want Alan to be present for that conference, or, as a fairly new Managing Director, was there somebody who did want him to hold that position? speculation.
re post 2021 rbbm
''Shortly after Alan left the gym, security video captured him at the RaceTrac gas station at Inwood Road and Maple Avenue where he was seen filling the tank of his car and driving out of the parking lot.

Just days later, Alan’s Porsche SUV was found in the area of Simpson Stuart and Bonnie View roads, which is the opposite direction of Alan’s house from the gas station. But there was no sign of Alan.

Alan’s brother Tim told Dateline at the time that their family doesn’t know who would want to harm Alan, but also had no reason to believe Alan would willingly disappear. The successful businessman had just started a new job in February as a Managing Director in an advisory role at KPMG.

On the day Alan disappeared, he had a scheduled conference call at 7 a.m. that he uncharacteristically missed.
His husband Rusty Jenkins previously told NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth the closer it got to the time of his meeting, the more worried he became.''

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanamburga
Back