Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020 #2 *suspect commits suicide*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
KTRK.COM’s report just ended.
Nothing new.

A current PI/former LE not working on this case and a former prosecutor both were interviewed on camera and emphasized the state only gets one shot and they won’t go to trial unless they have the evidence to convict.
Reporter said they tried to contact spouse but his phone number is no longer in service. AS’s mom did not want to speak on camera but made a statement saying she is encouraged by the efforts of LE.
At least it got the public’s attention for now.

Updated report
Has Houston woman Alexis Sharkey's murder case gone cold?
The DA's office said they don't comment on pending investigations. HPD said this remains an active case as they are working to find Sharkey's killer or killers. They did say a case only becomes cold three years after they've exhausted all leads and investigative tools.

Last edited:
The only information available to us in MSM came from the fellow influencer crowd including that AS celebrated Thanksgiving with them, apart from her husband, and made plans with them for a movie marathon on Saturday -- and the last contact was by text on Friday evening.

I think there was probably more information not previously disclosed to MSM about AS activities after Thanksgiving dinner and Friday that required more investigation outside of AS home. I think AS had great exposure and many persons need to be eliminated. Nonetheless, I do believe that Houston PD has a handle on it and AS will receive justice.

MOO

I suppose they didn't know the COD at the time so they ordered a full autopsy and since this is faster, it came up now and well, the toxicology report won't be important anymore but it will come back at some point.
Being sober or drunk/high out of your mind has nothing to do with being murdered by strangulation, unless the perpetrator benefitted from the state of the victim, that's the only scenario where I can see it being somewhat important.

Toxicology would be able to tell a lot. It would reveal if she was drugged and if she was under the influence of alcohol it would tell just exactly how much and approximately when it was ingested. Aside from that her stomach contents could also be very revealing as far as time of death.

There's something that has been bothering me about this case that keeps nagging at me. On Friday night, TS allegedly texted and called "John" who is Chelsea's boyfriend to find out if any of the other girls has seen or heard from AS. They didn't know each other very well but still had a 45 minute conversation. This in itself stands out as a little odd. What were they talking about all that time?

Hypothetical conversation:
"Hey John it's Tom, we met at Halloween. I'm just wondering if you could talk to Chelsea and find out for me if any of the girls in the group have spoken to Alexis. We had a bit of an argument a few hours ago and she stormed off and I haven't seen or heard from her since then. I'm starting to get a little worried."

John: "Oh wow sorry to hear that man. Let me get with Chelsea and have her reach out to the girls and see if they've talked to her. I'll call you back."

That takes less than a minute.

However, it wasn't until 1:52pm on SATURDAY that Desiree (Not Chelsea) asks in the group message (per screenshots), "Has anyone heard from Alexis?" And everyone proceeds to answer "Nope not since Thanksgiving" and things of that nature. Like it was the first time they had heard of anything being wrong.

Probably nothing but it just seems super odd.

IMO, IMHO, MOO, etc.

There's something that has been bothering me about this case that keeps nagging at me. On Friday night, TS allegedly texted and called "John" who is Chelsea's boyfriend to find out if any of the other girls has seen or heard from AS. They didn't know each other very well but still had a 45 minute conversation. This in itself stands out as a little odd. What were they talking about all that time?

Hypothetical conversation:
"Hey John it's Tom, we met at Halloween. I'm just wondering if you could talk to Chelsea and find out for me if any of the girls in the group have spoken to Alexis. We had a bit of an argument a few hours ago and she stormed off and I haven't seen or heard from her since then. I'm starting to get a little worried."

John: "Oh wow sorry to hear that man. Let me get with Chelsea and have her reach out to the girls and see if they've talked to her. I'll call you back."

That takes less than a minute.

However, it wasn't until 1:52pm on SATURDAY that Desiree (Not Chelsea) asks in the group message (per screenshots), "Has anyone heard from Alexis?" And everyone proceeds to answer "Nope not since Thanksgiving" and things of that nature. Like it was the first time they had heard of anything being wrong.

Probably nothing but it just seems super odd.

IMO, IMHO, MOO, etc.
I've always wondered why 'John' didn't give an interview himself. All this info comes from Chelsea, so isn't that hearsay?

Two incongruent things to me are:

* Leaving Alexis' body nude indicates a determination to humiliate her even in death. Does this show the killer held her with disdain, unworthiness and perhaps jealousy?

* Leaving Alexis' body where it was easily and quickly found; thereby, preventing messy decomposition. Does this show caring for her?

How was the killer able to remove their DNA from handling her body? Did the killer wear gloves the entire time of the killing and disposal? Did she die while in the shower? Did Alexis die while wearing clothing that was removed for the disposal? Was bleach used to destroy the killer's DNA?

How was the killer able to remove their DNA from handling her body? Did the killer wear gloves the entire time of the killing and disposal? Did she die while in the shower? Did Alexis die while wearing clothing that was removed for the disposal? Was bleach used to destroy the killer's DNA?

<Snipped for focus & BBM>

I don't recall reading anywhere that DNA was removed from her body. Googling isn't coming up with anything either, although I admittedly didn't read every search result, and merely scanned the list, and read a few. Are you assuming the killer removed DNA from her body..., or, if not, can you please post your source that states this? I'm sure more than myself would like to see that. TIA

Speaking of wanting to see info... I'd sure like to see LE post more about what they have. They must have something. I'd sure hate for this to become a cold case. :( Alexis and her family deserve better.

Two incongruent things to me are:

* Leaving Alexis' body nude indicates a determination to humiliate her even in death. Does this show the killer held her with disdain, unworthiness and perhaps jealousy?

* Leaving Alexis' body where it was easily and quickly found; thereby, preventing messy decomposition. Does this show caring for her?

This entire quoted post contains my own opinion only. I did not source anyone or link any news outlet. Hence, it is simply my very own conclusions, speculations and opinions. Seven questions are placed therein because I'd simply like to know the answers to them.

#JusticeForAlexis

MOO and all that jazz

This entire quoted post contains my own opinion only. I did not source anyone or link any news outlet. Hence, it is simply my very own conclusions, speculations and opinions. Seven questions are placed therein because I'd simply like to know the answers to them.

#JusticeForAlexis

MOO and all that jazz

Forensic evidence isn't always like we see on TV. Sometimes there is no DNA and it's not because of bleach or washing the body.

In last week's murder trial for Samantha Josephson's (uber mistake) killer, we learned she was stabbed more than 100 times with an awkward pocket utility tool while inside a car, and they found no DNA from her killer anywhere on her body or her clothes. No DNA, hair, fibers, nothing.

It was surveillance video and the killer's electronic footprint that placed him at the crime scene and not forensic evidence. Her killer was unable to use her bank card at the ATM, or sell her phone for cash as he tried. He killed this victim for nothing.

Forensic evidence isn't always like we see on TV. Sometimes there is no DNA and it's not because of bleach or washing the body.

In last week's murder trial for Samantha Josephson's (uber mistake) killer, we learned she was stabbed more than 100 times with an awkward pocket utility tool while inside a car, and they found no DNA from her killer anywhere on her body or her clothes. No DNA, hair, fibers, nothing.

It was surveillance video and the killer's electronic footprint that placed him at the crime scene and not forensic evidence. Her killer was unable to use her bank card at the ATM, or sell her phone for cash as he tried. He killed this victim for nothing.

Thank you. Miss Josephson's is a horrendous murder case that I did not follow. Her trying to kick out the right side window with her foot is heartbreaking. He trapped her.

"He was caught[23] and was arrested at 3:00 am on March 30.[24] Inside the car, police found a container of liquid bleach, germicidal wipes, and window cleaner.[17] "
Murder of Samantha Josephson - Wikipedia

Wonder when her killer came into the possession of liquid beach? Was it already in his vehicle when she entered it?

Thank you. Miss Josephson's is a horrendous murder case that I did not follow. Her trying to kick out the right side window with her foot is heartbreaking. He trapped her.

"He was caught[23] and was arrested at 3:00 am on March 30.[24] Inside the car, police found a container of liquid bleach, germicidal wipes, and window cleaner.[17] "
Murder of Samantha Josephson - Wikipedia

Wonder when her killer came into the possession of liquid beach? Was it already in his vehicle when she entered it?

After the killer dumped Sami's body near his childhood home, he traveled more than an hour to a girlfriend's home because he had to wash her uniform and give her a ride to work. That's when he started collecting cleaning supplies to rid the car of the bloody evidence. After he went to sleep, he had to get rid of the bed linen when he got up because they were also soiled with Sami's blood. He was an animal.

No move will be made by the DA until they believe they have enough evidence to be able to prove to a jury that their suspect (not named publicly) committed the crime. If that takes years, then so be it. They have to have enough evidence, and they have to get it right.

I've followed cases that took 5 years or more to get the killer arrested and into a courtroom, sometimes it took more than 1 trial to get a conviction, with a mistrial occurring first. I've seen cases profiled on Dateline where it took a decade or more for the killer to be arrested.

Following true crime cases is an exercise in learning patience.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adr5879
Back