TX TX - Andrea Lopez Phares, adult, Plainview, 4 May 1955

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

MarilynAHudson

Reaction score
A few years ago I ran across newspaper articles of this missing person case from the Texas panhandle. Aspects the case really touched me and I posted it - along with several other - missing spouses cases on a mystery-history blog I write. Noting that it was going on 65 years since this case began, I have been searching for her on missing websites where she was once listed. I have found other cases from the time period but she is gone. She is not listed as a resolved/solved/closed case. Has anyone experience of why she is no longer listed? Did her case 'time-out'? Was it finally resolved?

On another case I profiled, a family member emailed me to tell me a deathbed confession had quietly solved that missing person case from the early 1950's. Did something similar happen here?

Curious - -

Mystorical: The Cinderella of West Texas: The Disappearance of Andrea Lopez Phares (1955)

AndreaPhares1955%2B%25282%2529.png

Late in the night of May 4, 1955, near Hale Center in the West Texas panhandle, a 21 year old pregnant wife encountered, close to her home, the man who would end her life and the life of her unborn child. The young “Latin-American” woman, newspapers agreed, was “pretty”, “had a nice shape”, was “fair complexed”, with lovely long black hair. She also wore cat-eye eyeglasses, loved driving her husband’s new Lincoln Continental, and her husband “allowed” her to carry large sums of cash around because it made her happy. The woman dubbed by newspapers as leading a "Cinderella" life apparently found her life taking a sharp turn that fateful day.

On that fateful day her husband, a 44 year old prosperous cotton grower on leased land west and north of Hale Center, said they were at home, alone, at around 7 p.m. and she received a call, spoke Spanish to the caller, and then said she was going into town. Her husband told reporters that she asked, “I suppose you don’t want to go with me?” to which he said he responded with a sleepy, “Don’t think so.” She then left about 8 p.m. driving away in the Lincoln with her eyeglasses left behind at the house.

The next few hours are a mystery. The young wife and soon-to-be mother, Andrea Lopez Phares, was never seen again.

Mystorical: The Cinderella of West Texas: The Disappearance of Andrea Lopez Phares (1955)

AndreaPhares1955%2B%25282%2529.png

Late in the night of May 4, 1955, near Hale Center in the West Texas panhandle, a 21 year old pregnant wife encountered, close to her home, the man who would end her life and the life of her unborn child. The young “Latin-American” woman, newspapers agreed, was “pretty”, “had a nice shape”, was “fair complexed”, with lovely long black hair. She also wore cat-eye eyeglasses, loved driving her husband’s new Lincoln Continental, and her husband “allowed” her to carry large sums of cash around because it made her happy. The woman dubbed by newspapers as leading a "Cinderella" life apparently found her life taking a sharp turn that fateful day.

On that fateful day her husband, a 44 year old prosperous cotton grower on leased land west and north of Hale Center, said they were at home, alone, at around 7 p.m. and she received a call, spoke Spanish to the caller, and then said she was going into town. Her husband told reporters that she asked, “I suppose you don’t want to go with me?” to which he said he responded with a sleepy, “Don’t think so.” She then left about 8 p.m. driving away in the Lincoln with her eyeglasses left behind at the house.

The next few hours are a mystery. The young wife and soon-to-be mother, Andrea Lopez Phares, was never seen again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnootWolf02
Back