TX - Austin Package Bombs #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
<snip>
Yet the police chief heard this is oozed love for this self-admitted psychopathic murderer. It's astonishing and disgusting to me, Total disrespect to the victims and the terrorized residents of Austin.

I very much disagree with you about the police chief. I live in Austin. I think Manley did an excellent job throughout this crisis. I felt well-informed and reassured that LE was doing their job. When he commented on the video tape, I took it that he was relaying what he heard MAC say and he wanted to relay to the public that he heard nothing on the tape to indicate any particular individual or group was targeted. I did not hear him "ooze love" nor did I in any way feel disrespected. I am a big supporter of our police chief (and BTW was a huge detractor of our previous one). I see the dust up about Manley's comments as much ado about nothing.

The even number addresses is on one side of the street and the odd number addresses is on the other side of the street.

Atleast it should be like that.

I very much disagree with you about the police chief. I live in Austin. I think Manley did an excellent job throughout this crisis. I felt well-informed and reassured that LE was doing their job. When he commented on the video tape, I took it that he was relaying what he heard MAC say and he wanted to relay to the public that he heard nothing on the tape to indicate any particular individual or group was targeted. I did not hear him "ooze love" nor did I in any way feel disrespected. I am a big supporter of our police chief (and BTW was a huge detractor of our previous one). I see the dust up about Manley's comments as much ado about nothing.

Agree. But lets not act like the FBI and other agencies werent leading the investigation for the most part.

But I agree that the Chief helped coordinate his officers and the investigation while also being a stellar reassurance to the public.

So I salute.

The even number addresses is on one side of the street and the odd number addresses is on the other side of the street.

Atleast it should be like that.

Catching up.

One thing that happened in our area is the 911 fire department made everyone change their house numbers on our block about two years ago.

They did it so they can more easily find a house if its on fire. They came up with a more organized house numbering pattern.

I wonder if maybe that happened there and could be adding to the confusion about the house.

Catching up.

One thing that happened in our area is the 911 fire department made everyone change their house numbers on our block about two years ago.

They did it so they can more easily find a house if its on fire. They came up with a more organized house numbering pattern.

I wonder if maybe that happened there and could be adding to the confusion about the house.

Wow. Ok.

Now I have a question.

What if someone puts a 2nd house on a big acre property and want a separate address for that house for mail purposes.

Do they just put 1/2 after the original address?

Like 705 1/2 Xyz Rd ?

JMO
Some good discussions in past few pages. Thanks everyone for some good discussion.

One thing I wanted to bring up and just wondering about it now. Maybe an epiphamy LOL

This is not knocking any home schoolers because I know a family that home schools and does a wonderful job with their kids.

Here is what Im wondering though.

We have seen at least three cases now where the murderer ended up being home schooled and I used to wonder if there was a chance that the home schooling contributed in any way to producing the murderer in those cases but maybe I had it backwards.

Maybe in cases such as this bombing one, the parents recognized a phsychopathic child from the get go and was trying to shelter them from society by home schooling them to prevent the kid from having troubles in dealing with other kids. So rather than home schooling having any kind of impact it was the opposite and used by the parents to shelter the child because they knew they had a problem child from the start.

Just thinking out loud and not knocking home schooling in any way. It is very common these days and I understand lots of good reasons to do it.

Wow. Ok.

Now I have a question.

What if someone puts a 2nd house on a big acre property and want a separate address for that house for mail purposes.

Like 705 1/2 Xyz Rd ?

It depends on if the property is legally subdivided or if they just add a 2nd dwelling unit on the same legal property.

Wow. Ok.

Now I have a question.

Like 705 1/2 Xyz Rd ?

Its a good question and I bet you are right that they have a scheme ready for that situation.

When they made us change all our addresses on our block I was very upset. It was a ton of work to get all the businesses and everyone you deal with to know your new address. Im still getting mail addressed to my old address number and its been over 2 years. LOL

I tried to opt out and they would not let me. It was a forced thing. They said it was related to 911 emergency calls and how to easily locate peoples address in any emergency. So I did understand why they were doing it. It was not fun though for us on the block :)

JMO
Some good discussions in past few pages. Thanks everyone for some good discussion.

One thing I wanted to bring up and just wondering about it now. Maybe an epiphamy LOL

This is not knocking any home schoolers because I know a family that home schools and does a wonderful job with their kids.

Here is what Im wondering though.

We have seen at least three cases now where the murderer ended up being home schooled and I used to wonder if there was a chance that the home schooling contributed in any way to producing the murderer in those cases but maybe I had it backwards.

Maybe in cases such as this bombing one, the parents recognized a phsychopathic child from the get go and was trying to shelter them from society by home schooling them to prevent the kid from having troubles in dealing with other kids. So rather than home schooling having any kind of impact it was the opposite and used by the parents to shelter the child because they knew they had a problem child from the start.

Just thinking out loud and not knocking home schooling in any way. It is very common these days and I understand lots of good reasons to do it.

Full disclaimer: we homeschooled (in Texas) until last year. You will find a whole spectrum of reasons why people homeschool and I'm generally a proponent for it. But...BUT...there are people who should not be homeschooling. There are parents who isolate and breed fear in their kids. They have an "us" vs "them" mentality. They present a singular world view. I have met some of these folks and while their kids might appear to be functioning academically, socially, etc...they all are so stunted when they get older. I don't know why and I can't explain it. But, these type of homeschooling parents are extreme and that's never healthy. I still think homeschooling is great, but I also think there are extreme parents that are not doing right by their child to homeschool them. This is not just in religious extremism, either. I think people can be extreme and us vs. them about anything, but in my experience...religion is more common. Especially, where I lived in Texas.

There are SO MANY good reasons to homeschool. There are also bad reasons. I'm not blaming anyone else for his behavior, but familial dynamics can contribute to these things. It's JMO, that MAC was likely homeschooled for bad reasons (extreme, fundamentalist reasons,) that fed the monster. I think he was a "bad" person without the beliefs and the schooling, but you put a kid like that in a home situation that includes fundamentalism...it will never turn out well. Homeschooling is like everything, there is not one thing that will work for everyone. Homeschooling won't be healthy for everyone. I don't think it was for him. I think he would have always been psychotic, but perhaps not this version of it. Obviously, we can never know. These are just my convoluted thoughts.

ETA: Most people around me homeschool, because we have an atrocious school system and the private schools essentially amount to religious indoctrination. Most people I know are doing it purely to hopefully give their kids a better education. There are tons of secular homeschoolers around me, as well.

Full disclaimer: we homeschooled (in Texas) until last year. You will find a whole spectrum of reasons why people homeschool and I'm generally a proponent for it. But...BUT...there are people who should not be homeschooling. There are parents who isolate and breed fear in their kids. They have an "us" vs "them" mentality. They present a singular world view. I have met some of these folks and while their kids might appear to be functioning academically, socially, etc...they all are so stunted when they get older. I don't know why and I can't explain it. But, these type of homeschooling parents are extreme and that's never healthy. I still think homeschooling is great, but I also think there are extreme parents that are not doing right by their child to homeschool them. This is not just in religious extremism, either. I think people can be extreme and us vs. them about anything, but in my experience...religion is more common. Especially, where I lived in Texas.

There are SO MANY good reasons to homeschool. There are also bad reasons. I'm not blaming anyone else for his behavior, but familial dynamics can contribute to these things. It's JMO, that MAC was likely homeschooled for bad reasons (extreme, fundamentalist reasons,) that fed the monster. I think he was a "bad" person without the beliefs and the schooling, but you put a kid like that in a home situation that includes fundamentalism...it will never turn out well. Homeschooling is like everything, there is not one thing that will work for everyone. Homeschooling won't be healthy for everyone. I don't think it was for him. I think he would have always been psychotic, but perhaps not this version of it. Obviously, we can never know. These are just my convoluted thoughts.

ETA: Most people around me homeschool, because we have an atrocious school system and the private schools essentially amount to religious indoctrination. Most people I know are doing it purely to hopefully give their kids a better education. There are tons of secular homeschoolers around me, as well.

Excellent post and I fully agree.

Thats the bottom line is that there is a whole host of reasons why someone would choose to home school. Some good and some bad.

The family I know that home schools has great well adjusted kids and their reason was similar to yours. They felt their public school system was really bad and not educating the kids as well as they could themselves.

And from looking at their kids so far, I would have to agree with them. They are amazing well adusted kids they have.

That's the only news report that gave that description. All the others I've read since say he was pursued and stopped with the tactical maneuver. The officers jumped out and went to his car. Some describe them banging on the windows. The bomb then went off, knocking the officers back or to the ground. It was at that time that an officer fired his weapon.

They describe the bomb going off after the officers were walking/running towards his car. If the tactical maneuver had detonated the bombs, it would have done so immediately, not after the officers left their cars and approached his.

http://www.kolotv.com/content/news/477554973.html

http://www.witn.com/content/news/Austin-police-Bombing-suspect-left-taped-confession-477574873.html

Authorities say that Austin police approached the bombing suspect in his SUV early Wednesday, banging on his car window.

Austin Police Chief Brian Manley said at a news conference Wednesday evening that within seconds, the suspect had detonated a bomb in his car, blasting the officers backward.

Hanley said one officer then fired his weapon at the suspect. He said the county medical examiner has not finalized the cause of death, but that the bomb caused "significant" injuries.

Manley said "harrowing" video showed a "tremendous explosion" took place.

FBI Special Agent in Charge Christopher Combs said the video showed the officers' heroism. Combs declined to say where the video came from.

http://www.witn.com/content/news/Austin-police-Bombing-suspect-left-taped-confession-477574873.html

I wonder about the spots on the outside of the drivers door. Where did those come from? mac veh.JPG

I wonder about the spots on the outside of the drivers door. Where did those come from?
attachment.php

Those look like shotgun pellets.

JMO
I suspect those were fired from a shotgun that LE had. Some LE do carry shotguns sometimes in the police vehicles. They will keep them up near the dash with the barrel facing upwards. They usually have a shorter barrel than normal shotguns so you dont always notice them in their vehicles.

Im pretty sure from the pattern and looks of it that those are shotgun pellets. From experience in seeing targets shot at with a shotgun.

ETA The only other thing it could be would be if one of the bombs exploded from the outside of the vehicle. But I thought he was inside when it went off. Unless he threw one out the window. I suppose that could be possible.

BBM

I know I said this on another thread (I think the Turpin one), homeschooling in itself is neither bad nor good. There is a right way to do it, and a wrong way to do it, sounds like the latter in this package bomber case. Though I would also be interested in knowing what this guy's exposure to the media, popular culture, video games, etc was like.

I've received some weird looks from friends and family, plus others, when they learn I support homeschooling despite the fact I do not have any children. Go figure.

Stay on topic, everyone.

Tricia is allowing homeschooling discussion only with regard to the religious extremist kind of homeschooling, not all homeschooling. If you want to discuss homeschooling, it should focus on the types of families who are homeschooling solely to keep their children sheltered, to learn the "right" religious values as the family views them, and to keep the kids from socializing with "worldly" kids. That kind of homeschooling -- not the normal kind.

I believe package was addressed to spa worker's daughter who also works at spa.
I found someone w/ same name who was a contestant in beauty pageant in Austin-
wonder if she was a romantic 'fantasy' of MAC or if he tried to meet her and was rejected. Must be a connection.

I was looking up addresses last night.
2 packages mailed from 5601 Brodie Ln Ste 1210
Austin Med Spa 1611 W 6th Austin

Also there are 2 campuses for Austin Community College. Unsure which MAC attended.

Round Rock Campus, 4400 College Park Dr, Round Rock, TX 78665
(which is closer to MAC home)

1218 West Ave Austin

The only place I saw it was here.
IMO it started because of the Unabomber.
His brother turned him in.
This "terrorist" only has sisters I believe?
So if a sibling (had turned him in - NOT DID TURN HIM IN)
It would have been " a sister"

Does that make sense?
Yes. It is not true, it is just how the "rumor" got started.
Moo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Scrubbed? It might have been updated, but journalists don’t “scrub” the internet. That’s not how journalism works.
I have personally seen it happen several times.
The article is updated and pieces of the previous article are removed.
It has happened in many cases here on Websleuths.
Someone will quote an article, then the next day that statement is gone...
I just assumed LE asked for certain info to be redacted because they don't want it to be public knowledge at that time.
Moo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I was looking up addresses last night.
2 packages mailed from 5601 Brodie Ln Ste 1210
Austin Med Spa 1611 W 6th Austin

Also there are 2 campuses for Austin Community College. Unsure which MAC attended.

Round Rock Campus, 4400 College Park Dr, Round Rock, TX 78665
(which is closer to MAC home)

1218 West Ave Austin

Media have said he went to the Northridge campus - which I only remember because I graduated from there in 2011 lol... so it's likely we were there at the same time. But MAC is not familiar to me at all. I also did the government class assignment where we had to create the blog and respond to eachother's posts, though I think he did his in 2012 and I would have done mine in 2010 or 2011. I can't remember what I named my blog, but maybe I can find it...

Small world and quite spooky for me. I don't even live in Austin anymore, I just lived there for a few years after Highschool when I was running off and being independent lol

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back