TX - Botham Shem Jean, 26, killed when police officer entered wrong apartment, Dallas, Sept 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't hear them saying that they blame the police, Dallas or the apartment complex for his death. At every turn they want her, the shooter or person who killed him, to be held accountable.

Do they think that the police have covered things up and are smearing his name? Yes. I believe they have every right to be furious. She killed a man and was question for a few minutes and sent home. She asked an officer if she could call someone when they relieved her of the scene---the officer said yes but don't say what happened. On what planet, could I as a citizen shoot someone in their apartment, claim I thought it was mine, give a blood sample and go home? She was treated preferentially and possibly the treatment allowed for justice to not be served because the story has changed from the night it happened.

Do I think the family wants the elected officials to be held accountable? Yes. They want their son, brother, nephew, cousin, grandson to have justice. Some are playing political football which doesn't bring their loved one back.

Why make noise about the apartment? The doors spring close or should. Did his not? If it didn't he was not afforded the safety measures he should have been. Do I think they want to go after the apartment owners? No, but when you have his killer saying his door was open, you have to investigate.

Check his Twitter -

S. Lee Merritt, Esq.@MeritLaw

https://twitter.com/MeritLaw/status/1038503058991456256

Our office has been retained to represent the estate of #BothamShemJean. Our first & foremost priority will be to ensure justice is served for this family. That includes holding Amber Guyger accountable for her crimes as well as ID’ing all responsible for enabling this incident.

none of the 'witnesses' stories are consistent

That actually makes sense given they were all in different places. The hall, the apartment next door, down the hall, everyone would have different levels of ability to hear and see.

Naturally their stories will differ due to that. Also due to the likelihood that some were inevitably distracted or listening to music/watching tv.

Check his Twitter -

S. Lee Merritt, Esq.@MeritLaw

Our office has been retained to represent the estate of #BothamShemJean. Our first & foremost priority will be to ensure justice is served for this family. That includes holding Amber Guyger accountable for her crimes as well as ID’ing all responsible for enabling this incident.

Exactly what I am saying... the shooter to be held responsible for her crimes.

And, to ensure justice is served for their loved one in relation to those in the DPD and government. Then, you look at the questions we have had and the family has had:

How could it be she was not interviewed by the two prong investigative process that is outlined by the DPD? Why was she allowed to make calls before being interviewed? Were department procedures followed? If yes, how? If no, why not? And, how could these actions have compromised justice for Mr. Jean? Or, not?

And because of poor judgment from the shooter who shot into a dark room and killed him, we will never be able to hear from the only other person who could testify as to what happened in the room that night. That would be the most valuable witness. Him being dead is very convenient for the defendant.

Snip: Ryan said the company is providing resources for employees and Jean’s family. The PwC Foundation has contributed toward the cost of Jean’s memorial service and the company will make a $50,000 contribution to a scholarship fund that Jean’s family established in the 26-year-old’s honor. PwC also created a scholarship for minority students majoring in accounting at Jean’s alma mater and pledged to make another $50,000 donation to that fund. End Snip.
Botham Jean’s employer encourages talks on race, donates 50K to his memorial scholarship fund

Last edited:
I was skeptical of the quick response by attorneys for a quick cash settlement.

But the more I see and hear about this situation, the more I understand the role that these attorneys play. They need to be here, to force accountability, because it is obvious that the police department is protecting their own. There is no actual "prosecution", because the city attorney is part of the very system that is defending the killer.

I have never seen a case this clear cut...this man was not a criminal, or doing anything wrong. He was in his home! I don't understand why the police have supported this killer.

Exactly what I am saying... the shooter to be held responsible for her crimes.

And, to ensure justice is served for their loved one in relation to those in the DPD and government. Then, you look at the questions we have had and the family has had:

How could it be she was not interviewed by the two prong investigative process that is outlined by the DPD? Why was she allowed to make calls before being interviewed? Were department procedures followed? If yes, how? If no, why not? And, how could these actions have compromised justice for Mr. Jean? Or, not?

This is the money phrase " ID’ing all responsible for enabling this incident."

But the more I see and hear about this situation, the more I understand the role that these attorneys play. They need to be here, to force accountability, because it is obvious that the police department is protecting their own. There is no actual "prosecution", because the city attorney is part of the very system that is defending the killer.

I have never seen a case this clear cut...this man was not a criminal, or doing anything wrong. He was in his home! I don't understand why the police have supported this killer.

BBM, YES!

I am not bad mouthing the Guy, but he is in it for the money. The Apartment Complex will roll over first.

Hope this is true, but based upon the Attorneys they have hired they are going for the cash
That is inappropriate and you have no basis for saying this. This family has yet to bury their loved one. They are fighting for justice in his murder. To even imply this is grotesque.

And it is wrong to derail conversations and discussions of justice for this victim to imply that his family is money hungry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member