TX - Botham Shem Jean, 26, killed when police officer entered wrong apartment, Dallas, Sept 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don’t believe that poorly trained and/or (maybe?) corrupt LE are unique to the United States. There are many thousands of civilian/LE interactions here every day that result in nothing untoward. But that sure as heck doesn’t mean we should not call out loudly those that result in injustice. Justine’s death certainly was a travesty. I think Bo’s is too.
You are correct in they are not unique to the rest of the world, but police killings are not unique to the rest of the western, civilised world at the same rate. If those killings happen in the rest of the world, PDs do not put out stuff about the victim, but that seems to be par for the course in the US.

I honestly don’t believe that poorly trained and/or (maybe?) corrupt LE are unique to the United States. There are many thousands of civilian/LE interactions here every day that result in nothing untoward. But that sure as heck doesn’t mean we should not call out loudly those that result in injustice. Justine’s death certainly was a travesty. I think Bo’s is too.
Not true either. Most police forces in the world have much better training. They do not advertise for staff. There is a formal educative line for joining the police force.

You are correct in they are not unique to the rest of the world, but police killings are not unique to the rest of the western, civilised world at the same rate. If those killings happen in the rest of the world, PDs do not put out stuff about the victim, but that seems to be par for the course in the US.

I certainly agree that officials using media to try to smear a victim’s character in these scenarios is a very ugly trend. I personally lay that nasty nugget at our alter of constant litigation. Everyone is so terrified of massive lawsuits that they immediately go into mitigation mode often at the expense of truth. Bad people don’t get big settlements. It’s pretty gross.

In the auS, all LE assume a person has a gun.

In the olden days, we learned a police officer is your friend.I suppose POC never had that luxury.

I think a lot of people in the US are terrified of LE. One false move and you are dead
Sometimes you don't even have to make a false move.

You can be just standing in your home.

In the auS, all LE assume a person has a gun.

In the olden days, we learned a police officer is your friend.I suppose POC never had that luxury.

I think a lot of people in the US are terrified of LE. One false move and you are dead

I'm a mid 80's child. I grew up believing LE was my friend. That they were there to help and if you weren't doing anything illegal you would be fine.

I believed it until I was around 21. That's when all of my traumatic experiences with LE occurred. I've never been in any kind of legal trouble (I'm a rule follower to the extreme) but I'm terrified of law enforcement now. I'm also a white female.

It's very sad. I miss the days when we were relieved to call LE for help. Now we do that only as an absolute last resort.

Do you think that it was intentional? Why would she?

The noise complaints we've seen reported helped change my mind. I think she went to confront him, lost it and killed him. Just guessing at this stage, of course.

The red rug, the door "ajar", parked on wrong floor of garage all lean more and more to intentional. moo

ETA: If she really went to the wrong apartment the two of them should be having a cup of coffee about now and laughing about how scared they each were. Instead his funeral is today (IIRC).

The noise complaints we've seen reported helped change my mind. I think she went to confront him, lost it and killed him. Just guessing at this stage, of course.

The red rug, the door "ajar", parked on wrong floor of garage all lean more and more to intentional. moo

ETA: If she really went to the wrong apartment the two of them should be having a cup of coffee about now and laughing about how scared they each were. Instead his funeral is today (IIRC).
Just because she had a gun and was licenced to use it? Something wrong there. The rest of the civilised world does not operate like that.

What? Justine called 911 to investigate a potential crime and approached police car. She was just trying to be a good citizen.

Unfortunately I have read about several situations where someone called the police because they were concerned about a loved one acting weird or some such thing and the next thing you know some trigger happy police officer shot that person dead. Poor Justine she was trying to do the right thing and look what happened to her. I think the various police departments don't properly or carefully screen potential officers and let too many rogue cops on their force-- some of them just can't seem to keep their fingers off the trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grimlockedin