TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doris5, I am at a loss as to what a VLC Player is and the only call I find is on youtube. Can you help with a link to the call and what a VLC player is please? TYIA

ah sure! it seems like a hassle but it's worth it, as you can vary speeds and change audio settings. So, download VLC Player online. Then open it, select "Open Network" in the menu, paste in the URL to the 911 call on YouTube, and there you have it. It really does make a difference when listening to the call.

I've read elsewhere that the call would have definitely been edited, and that LL had been told this by the police? Can anyone confirm that? Supposedly as it may have been part of a murder investigation, nothing can be released that would sway a jury if it went to trial..? But as it's now technically a cold case, I wonder if we'll be able to hear the full version... (if, of course, it was edited at all).

ah sure! it seems like a hassle but it's worth it, as you can vary speeds and change audio settings. So, download VLC Player online. Then open it, select "Open Network" in the menu, paste in the URL to the 911 call on YouTube, and there you have it. It really does make a difference when listening to the call.

I've read elsewhere that the call would have definitely been edited, and that LL had been told this by the police? Can anyone confirm that? Supposedly as it may have been part of a murder investigation, nothing can be released that would sway a jury if it went to trial..? But as it's now technically a cold case, I wonder if we'll be able to hear the full version... (if, of course, it was edited at all).
The only part of the call that has ever been released by law enforcement was released to Brandon's father. It is not the entire call. It is not even a consistent thread of the call. It is a collection of snippets that were pieced together and given to Brandon's dad for voice identification purposes only. Ladessa obtained a copy of the recording by making a recording of the recording that had been given to Brandon's dad. Supposedly she made her recording using her cell phone. So there's never been a clean, clear, entire, untainted version of this call released. The public doesn't know the entirety of what was said in this call because it's not the entire call. Never has been. And it's still an open case so there's no getting a copy of it under the FOIA. In Texas, there are specific limitations on 911 calls under the FOIA as it is. Hope this helps in understanding some of what you may hear on the YouTube recording. Since the YouTube version, and all other public versions except for the one given to Brandon's father, are recordings of a recording, I don't know that one can really put much faith into background noise, etc. My opinion on that part.

Thank you for clarifying how the call was obtained.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only part of the call that has ever been released by law enforcement was released to Brandon's father. It is not the entire call. It is not even a consistent thread of the call. It is a collection of snippets that were pieced together and given to Brandon's dad for voice identification purposes only. Ladessa obtained a copy of the recording by making a recording of the recording that had been given to Brandon's dad. Supposedly she made her recording using her cell phone. So there's never been a clean, clear, entire, untainted version of this call released. The public doesn't know the entirety of what was said in this call because it's not the entire call. Never has been. And it's still an open case so there's no getting a copy of it under the FOIA. In Texas, there are specific limitations on 911 calls under the FOIA as it is. Hope this helps in understanding some of what you may hear on the YouTube recording. Since the YouTube version, and all other public versions except for the one given to Brandon's father, are recordings of a recording, I don't know that one can really put much faith into background noise, etc. My opinion on that part.

Wow thank you! At last, some concrete info. That is incredibly useful -- how do you know this, may I ask? and why does nobody online know this?? It would certainly clear up a lot of confusion.

At what point does this become a cold case? And when that does happen, is there a possibility of hearing the unedited call?

Wow thank you! At last, some concrete info. That is incredibly useful -- how do you know this, may I ask? and why does nobody online know this?? It would certainly clear up a lot of confusion.

At what point does this become a cold case? And when that does happen, is there a possibility of hearing the unedited call?

Actually a lot of people know this. This is one of the examples of some of us who have followed the case since the beginning and have a lot of knowledge about things. Several of us stopped posting for a while because of hostility. We've been cussed out, threatened, you name it. There was even a WS mod that shut us down at every turn. I understand that she isn't around anymore. There was a tremendous amount of information that Ladessa posted on social media in the beginning. However, when she started to get questioned about it, it would disappear. Many of us stopped even interacting on this case because we grew tired of being harassed and attacked for having opinions and presenting ideas that were different than others. And godforbid we actually present evidence to back any of it up. I realize that we all have our own respective ideas, opinions, and conclusions. I don't know Brandon Lawson. But I know a few people like him. Regardless of his past, his father and children deserve to know what happened to him.

And as far as cold case status goes, there aren't any hard fast rules on that. As long as it's open, there's no chance of getting that call. As I said, Texas has very specific guidelines on emergency calls under the FOIA. I don't know that you would ever get it. It would basically take a court order in a case such as this. This case is under the jurisdiction of the Texas Rangers, and has been since a few days into it. Last I knew, it was still assigned to Ranger Nick Hanna out of the San Angelo Regional Office of the Texas Department of Public Safety.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Actually a lot of people know this. This is one of the examples of some of us who have followed the case since the beginning and have a lot of knowledge about things. Several of us spotted posting for a while because of hostility. We've been cussed out, threatened, you name it. There was even a WS mod that shut us down at every turn. I understand that she isn't around anymore. There was a tremendous amount of information that Ladessa posted on social media in the beginning. However, when she started to get questioned about it, it would disappear. Many of us stopped even interacting on this case because we grew tired of being harassed and attacked for having opinions and presenting ideas that were different than others. And godforbid we actually present evidence to back any of it up. I realize that we all have our own respective ideas, opinions, and conclusions. I don't know Brandon Lawson. But I know a few people like him. Regardless of his past, his father and children deserve to know what happened to him.

I agree. Sorry to hear about all the haranguing that's taken place. I've sifted through a lot of the FB posts and I suppose LL has deleted a lot.

Funny you bring up a cold case. Ladessa actually addressed this in an interview she did, questioning when it would be considered a cold case. Which to many of us who have followed the case, why would she question that?? Sorry but after lying on government papers months before BL went missing saying he wasn't in the picture, to get benefits, it's hard to believe too much she says

Funny you bring up a cold case. Ladessa actually addressed this in an interview she did, questioning when it would be considered a cold case. Which to many of us who have followed the case, why would she question that?? Sorry but after lying on government papers months before BL went missing saying he wasn't in the picture, to get benefits, it's hard to believe too much she says

I was just thinking about that very thing. It was like, why would she bring up cold case at the time? He had just disappeared.

*All opinions are totally my own. *

What was the street address for the residence in San Angelo that LL lived in when BL disappeared? I have so much stuff to go back through, and I am having a hard time locating it again.

*All opinions are totally my own. *

It's nice to see fresh eyes in here. Brandon has been missing too long. His kids deserve answers.

Doris5 ... Fantastic posts~~:cheers: Investigating with a fresh set of eyes and unbiased thoughts are welcome here!
You have put together your points of view very well ~kuddos :dance:~

Agree with the hotel .... do not find it all that hinkey to have stayed there instead of home.

Many thanks! Although I must say, having reviewed the case since the beginning and considering LL behaviour online, I'm realising that people have good cause to suspect her and K of being involved in this (without saying it explicitly).

If someone is getting away with murder, that will not stand.

Why have LE not searched the old house? I'd bet there is still something there that would break the case. Maybe in the garden?

Many thanks! Although I must say, having reviewed the case since the beginning and considering LL behaviour online, I'm realising that people have good cause to suspect her and K of being involved in this (without saying it explicitly).

Why have LE not searched the old house? I'd bet there is still something there that would break the case. Maybe in the garden?

Agree there is more knowledge amongst a few about what happened that night then what has been given. Not completely sold on the "Cain & Able" theory all thou it is very plausible. Wouldn't it be simple to call the san angelo LE to take a look at the pile of rocks .? And as much that has been said about them for sometime no one has made that call to investigate. I dont believe BL is buried in the back yard but there may be something of interest there. Do believe the house should have been searched why it was not IMO was a lack of investigative work. As in many cases the closet ones to the missing must be completely and thoroughly ruled out. Assume one of the thought processes was to file in Coke to keep LE away from the house. Another interesting area is the phone charger .... I know the last 3 cars Owned the car must be on in order to charge however with it being a van their may be a plug utility with continueious electric charge. The 911 call is forever haunting .... In all the only persons whom deserve closer are BL's children and parents.

So what is the deal with the rocks? Can someone explain that a little more?

And if anyone wants to offer a summary of points against LL and K that would be very useful. I've heard mention of things she let slip early on (something about cleaning the house with bleach after the argument?)

Ultimately someone needs to make the call to LE. If a murder has gone unpunished, that's a wrong that should be righted.

Rocks mysteriously appeared in the garden read it in the other forum on the 911 call.
Do agree need some clarity of what the suspicions/connections are with the appearance of rocks

Rocks mysteriously appeared in the garden read it in the other forum on the 911 call.
Do agree need some clarity of what the suspicions/connections are with the appearance of rocks

And how about the bleach story? What's that about?

This is the first I've heard about bleach and I've followed this since day one. I do recall her stating they argued and he punched something causing him to bleed. But nothing about bleach

As for the phone issue, that was my major red flag, she got Kyle's calls but none of Brandon's??? If her phone was charging like she said, how did she get one call and not another??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member