TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we've all deciphered the 911 call backwards and forwards but being from Texas and dating many southern Texas country boys with a fondness for alcohol (oh the good ole days -sarcasm- lol), he sounds more like he has some sort of severe head injury than drunk. If it wasn't for his truck being in pristine condition I would picture him calling from his damaged truck after a major accident. This case is so frustrating!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No one in the family has said it IS NOT Brandon. Therefore, I believe the family thinks it is Brandon. As far as being edited, that comes from some tech people on here who have listened and believe it to be edited. It has never been confirmed or denied it was edited. One thing that makes people think it was edited is the fact that the 911 operator never asks him to identify himself. So, believe what you want about the editing. I think it is Brandon and I think there is another person with him........JMO

Anyone know how soon the girlfriend moved house and got a boyfriend after BL disappearance? The moving house seems a bit odd. Most family of other vanished people i've read about stayed living in the same place for even decades after in the (perhaps misguided) belief that they may soon return and come back to that home. Was the moving house something that was planned while BL was still about?

I saw at least 2 commenters on reddit saying the brother may have been involved because BL spoke to him on the phone just before his 911 call yet i can find no reference to this on any of the timelines or other places. All of the timelines i've seen go from the missed calls to the girlfriend to the 911 call. There is no mention of him talking to the brother in between those 2 events. Unless the people saying he spoke to the brother before are mixing it up with the call he made to him AFTER the 911 call.

Ladessa and Brandon are from Joshua, I assume she moved back home to be near family. Brandon and her where there because of his work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was it known that the 911 call was edited as soon as it got released publicly? How heavily was the call edited? I just listened to the true crime podcast about this. The 2 presenters spent about 2 hours dissecting every single part of the call to try to find out what he's saying. Slowing it down, taking it line by line, word by word, etc. They dedicate the entire show to just the phone call.

Not once during the entire near 2 hour show do they mention to the listeners that the call is edited, or that it was re-recorded by the girlfriend and put out to the public. I found that a bit strange being that they put so much effort into taking this call apart for the show and yet to not even be aware that it was edited. So i am assuming that they just didn't know that was the case. Who was it that confirmed that the call was definitely heavily edited? Where is the proof that the call is too edited to get anything out of and should be discarded? and why is the fact it's edited and re-recorded never mentioned on any show/podcast discussing this case? The call is placed as the subject of upmost importance on everything i read or listen to regarding this case as if there is nothing else worth talking about or considering.

Another thing about the call itself i don't understand is that people say it's not even confirmed that it is Brandon Lawson speaking on the call. How can that be? The tape has been out there publicly for a couple of years or more now. Surely in that time people who knew Brandon Lawson, friends, family members have heard it enough to know whether it is him on the tape or not. Are you telling me his own girlfriend he was with for 10 years or his own brother, own father, old friends, etc do not know if that is him definitely speaking to the operator? I can tell in 5 minutes whether it's my gf's voice on the phone or someone elses.

(modsnip) I have worked extensively with 911 calls through the judicial process and without a doubt can say that there are parts of that call that have been edited/ redacted, in my opinion to protect the integrity of the case should it go to court. There has been so much in this case thats been left out, changed and twisted its not surprising that its not known by most how or to whom the 911 call was "released". I think most take it at face value and assume its the complete call released to the public. BLs parents have not come forward to speak about much of anything in regards to the case and has never made a statement either way about whether or not they think its BL. The 911 operator may have been a nurse taking 911 calls, but assure you that they still recieved some training on how to properly do that, including gathering important info thats always asked when calling into 911, which is also a good indication that it's been edited. I also think that because LL used her cell phone to record the call she released no one can be sure that things being heard in the background werent picked up during her recording of the call.

She has posted about her boyfriend on her fb page quite often... Its been years since BL disapeared, I think its perfectly reasonable that she should move on with her life.
As for reporting him missing where she did, likely it was did it because that's where his truck was although that part makes no sense to me. Id report him missing from his home town, where he was last seen and is missing from.

She has posted about her boyfriend on her fb page quite often... Its been years since BL disapeared, I think its perfectly reasonable that she should move on with her life.
As for reporting him missing where she did, likely it was did it because that's where his truck was although that part makes no sense to me. Id report him missing from his home town, where he was last seen and is missing from.

This!!! This has always been a brick wall for me & I've said this more than once!!! If my husband went missing I'd want a LE agency that was bigger than Andy Griffith & Barney Fife, an agency with resources.

This!!! This has always been a brick wall for me & I've said this more than once!!! If my husband went missing I'd want a LE agency that was bigger than Andy Griffith & Barney Fife, an agency with resources.

It would have been different if she'd called every county he may have driven through, but she didn't. She called just one.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

I only heard about Brandon's case a couple days ago and wow, this one is confusing, compelling and just so odd. Before I read on WS or any other forums, my ears wanted to hear "I'm in a field...I helped push some guys over" but that's with some manipulation and an understandiing that when you're trying to get all the information out at once, things get jumbled.

After reading through some things, I can't seem to hear that again. But a few other questions I initially had don't seem to be brought up/answered:

If Kyle had no money, and was going to BL's house for a gas can, why didn't LL just give him money or her bank card etc? Sounds like they live close by, and KL would be returning home after the gas run. So why drive to get a gas can, then to BL, then to a gas station?

How did the deputy arriving on scene not know about the 911 call? If he was responding to a stranded motorist call, was it the truckers call and not Brandon's? Would dispatch not relay that someone called for help and then stopped responding?

If the responding officer said there was a 911 call, why didn't that raise alarm for KL and his gf? If he did in fact tell the gf he was bleeding why wasn't that information relayed to the officer? I don't know...If I'm told you called 911 when you already knew I was coming to help you, and now you're saying you're bleeding...forget a warrant!

I read so many interpretations of the 911 call I'm crosseyed. But my initial thoughts in addition to what I said above were:
He's not alone
He's more worried about someone else than himself (calling for help, yes, but not necessarily for him)
He is looking around a lot which is why his "yes" sounds far off
I could swear it sounds like he said he shot the first one

And 2 thoughts on the last part: he's either gotten in a car, says he needs the cops, and throws the phone on floorboard so you hear the car going over bumps
OR He was taken by surprise and ends the conversation abruptly

I've seen people think he's watching something go down, but isn't this on a rural highway in the middle of the night? I can't picture a well lit area for some reason.

Oy this is a long post :sorry:

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Welcome to the thread Missouri. Good questions.

Welcome, misslu. Good points.

After reading through some things, I can't seem to hear that again. But a few other questions I initially had don't seem to be brought up/answered:

If Kyle had no money, and was going to BL's house for a gas can, why didn't LL just give him money or her bank card etc? Sounds like they live close by, and KL would be returning home after the gas run. So why drive to get a gas can, then to BL, then to a gas station?

How did the deputy arriving on scene not know about the 911 call? If he was responding to a stranded motorist call, was it the truckers call and not Brandon's? Would dispatch not relay that someone called for help and then stopped responding?

If the responding officer said there was a 911 call, why didn't that raise alarm for KL and his gf? If he did in fact tell the gf he was bleeding why wasn't that information relayed to the officer? I don't know...If I'm told you called 911 when you already knew I was coming to help you, and now you're saying you're bleeding...forget a warrant

Welcome!!
SBM
Actually these are all questions/concerns I've had & mentioned previously. I'll have to go find my original post & bring it over.

I've always thought it was the strangest thing that someone would go to rescue their brother with empty gas cans & no money to fill gas cans, I mean what the hell was KL planning on doing once he got there with the empty gas cans? Why not forego the stop to pick up the gas cans & just go pick up his brother, take him home or back to his house & then go get the truck the next day, after both of them got paid.
And I think the mystery trucker who supposedly called in about BL's truck & the 911 call made by BL are one in the same or BL made 2 separate calls to 911. So yes deputy was responding to the 911 call, imo.
And I literally laughed out loud when I first read about the alleged conversation between deputy & KL, but 1st thing that caught my attention about this part was when the deputy arrived KL was already at the truck, no one knows exactly how long he had been there, did he see BL? And then when deputy says to KL "Evening, you the one who made the 911 call?" KL responded, without questioning a 911 call, "oh nah this my brother's truck, he just stepped away for a bit, but he'll be back later for it." ????? I'm sorry but wtf??? Where did he "step away" to??? Mind you it's 1am, on a small 2 lane highway, there are no street lights out there & you're surrounded by nothing but acreage, there is no where to "step away" to. If I was that deputy I would've been readying myself for somebody in case I was about to be ambushed or wondering if this was some sort of ruse to get a deputy out there for some reason.

It's always great to have fresh eyes & ears in this case!!!

Welcome!!
SBM
Actually these are all questions/concerns I've had & mentioned previously. I'll have to go find my original post & bring it over.

I've always thought it was the strangest thing that someone would go to rescue their brother with empty gas cans & no money to fill gas cans, I mean what the hell was KL planning on doing once he got there with the empty gas cans? Why not forego the stop to pick up the gas cans & just go pick up his brother, take him home or back to his house & then go get the truck the next day, after both of them got paid.
And I think the mystery trucker who supposedly called in about BL's truck & the 911 call made by BL are one in the same or BL made 2 separate calls to 911. So yes deputy was responding to the 911 call, imo.
And I literally laughed out loud when I first read about the alleged conversation between deputy & KL, but 1st thing that caught my attention about this part was when the deputy arrived KL was already at the truck, no one knows exactly how long he had been there, did he see BL? And then when deputy says to KL "Evening, you the one who made the 911 call?" KL responded, without questioning a 911 call, "oh nah this my brother's truck, he just stepped away for a bit, but he'll be back later for it." ????? I'm sorry but wtf??? Where did he "step away" to??? Mind you it's 1am, on a small 2 lane highway, there are no street lights out there & you're surrounded by nothing but acreage, there is no where to "step away" to. If I was that deputy I would've been readying myself for somebody in case I was about to be ambushed or wondering if this was some sort of ruse to get a deputy out there for some reason.

It's always great to have fresh eyes & ears in this case!!!

Thank you!

Ah, and if you were KL, wouldn't your response be more like "whaaat he called 911? Is he okay?"

I normally steer clear of putting too much into people's actions in the moment when they don't have the luxury yet of hindsight..but I don't get it. I actually "get" the 911 call more than I do the timeline and personal accounts the public's been given.

I really wonder if he's saying he helped someone (or someone helped him) push a vehicle off the road. Also, that the front end was over the white line makes me think he (or someone else) tried to get it going and failed. Seems like a last ditch effort almost, to try to drive a truck you know is out of gas.

Have/will phone records ever be released? Has the 911 operator ever been interviewed? I'm almost certain he's talking to someone else during that call, or trying to play off the fact that he's speaking to a 911 operator, possibly. Anyhow, interesting case that I feel is missing a lot of information that someone out there has.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The trucker who made the 1st 911 call about the truck being in the road was supposedly interviewed again after they found out BL was missing about anything he had seen to see if he may have seen something else that ties in. I also remember reading, and hearing in some interview awhile back that there was a worker at the stripes store who also reported talking to that truck driver. After he made the call he stopped at the store and mentioned the abandoned truck thinking they might have seen someone come in for gas for their truck saying they ran out.

I saw it posted tonight on fb that Brandon's story was supposed to air at 8pm TX time on a local news station. I wondered if anyone local caught it? It woukd be great if something actually came about because of it!!!

The trucker who made the 1st 911 call about the truck being in the road was supposedly interviewed again after they found out BL was missing about anything he had seen to see if he may have seen something else that ties in. I also remember reading, and hearing in some interview awhile back that there was a worker at the stripes store who also reported talking to that truck driver. After he made the call he stopped at the store and mentioned the abandoned truck thinking they might have seen someone come in for gas for their truck saying they ran out.

Recall that as well unsure which article it was

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is a perplexing case, but I do believe Brandon is dead. I don't believe he's on the run. I'm not sure whether he was murdered, though. I guess I'm 50/50 on whether he was murdered (possibly because of something he witnessed, possibly because of a road rage incident) or whether he fled into the wilderness and got lost before perishing.

Bumping for Brandon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members