TX TX - Brooks County, HispMale, 15-18, Silver ID bracelet with initials EYAC, Aug ‘22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

EmiliaRT007

Reaction score
Few details are available in his case.
Namus case UP95840

From what I could gather they have evidence that his name may have been Emiliano Yael Avalos Calderon. I don’t know if there’s any MPs with that name.

Here are his details gathered from Namus and Unidentified Wiki.

Date Body Found: August 23, 2022
Sex: Male
Race: Hispanic
Height: 5’-6’5” (152-196 cm) very wide and unhelpful IMO.
Weight: 100-300 lbs. (45-135 kg) again too wide to be of much help.
State of remains: Recognizable face, all parts recovered (still can’t get a good height and weight for him??)
PMI - Minutes to hours

Items:
Phone
$35 USD
White all terrain sneakers with black stripes worn by the deceased.
Black shirt worn by the deceased.
Jeans worn by the deceased.
Silver ID bracelet with the initials “EYAC” on the deceased’s wrist.

No postmortem images are found of this victim, just a picture of his ID bracelet and shoes. We have a possible name for him but not accurate measurements?! Cmon!

Hoping he gets his name back and someone narrows those measurements down!

A quick Google search of his possible name didn't turn up anything aside from this page and his UID wiki page. I also searched Facebook to see if there's anyone with that name who's been mentioned on any Spanish language missing persons groups but I haven't found anything.

Since Brooks County is on the border it's likely that he was a migrant IMO. I'll post this page on the thread for missing people found near the border since the people there are great at looking through missing persons FB groups. To my knowledge there's no official database for missing migrants so these kinds of cases are usually solved via the MP's loved ones posting on social media.

!!! That could be him. Sucks we do not have pictures to confirm it.
Edit: by pictures I mean pictures of the UID other than his shoes and bracelet. If he was recognizable why would they not release a postmortem photo or at least a reconstruction/sketch? Maybe no PM because he was likely a minor. They don’t usually release PM photos of minors. However we see PM pictures of minors that have been found with recognizable faces. Ex. LA John Does 1992 and LA Jane Doe 1989. Both of those cases have PM photos available. Also Harris County John Doe 2022, whose case has gotten quite a bit of traction on the site.

Last edited:
A quick Google search of his possible name didn't turn up anything aside from this page and his UID wiki page. I also searched Facebook to see if there's anyone with that name who's been mentioned on any Spanish language missing persons groups but I haven't found anything.

Since Brooks County is on the border it's likely that he was a migrant IMO. I'll post this page on the thread for missing people found near the border since the people there are great at looking through missing persons FB groups. To my knowledge there's no official database for missing migrants so these kinds of cases are usually solved via the MP's loved ones posting on social media.
I think so too. There is a Facebook page with the name “Yael Emiliano Avalos”. He has the same bracelet as the UID. His posts are just typical selfies, and his captions are in Spanish. That leads me to believe he was a migrant as well.
Looking at the FB page makes me sad. If this is our guy it’s just sad to see I’m about the same age as this boy. He just seemed like a typical teenage boy. Now, all he is is just a case number and we know nothing about him. He was probably a migrant from Mexico because this guy’s posts are all in Spanish, just a clue, and the UID’s location is on the border. Yael hasn’t posted anything on FB since 2021, the year before the body was found.

Last edited:
!!! That could be him. Sucks we do not have pictures to confirm it.
Edit: by pictures I mean pictures of the UID other than his shoes and bracelet. If he was recognizable why would they not release a postmortem photo or at least a reconstruction/sketch? Maybe no PM because he was likely a minor. They don’t usually release PM photos of minors. However we see PM pictures of minors that have been found with recognizable faces. Ex. LA John Does 1992 and LA Jane Doe 1989. Both of those cases have PM photos available. Also Harris County John Doe 2022, whose case has gotten quite a bit of traction on the site.
I can't post the link here but, it is him. The family does not have the money to repatriate him.
Yael was only 15 years old when he crossed the border. Very sad...

RIP EYAC!

MOO JMO

I can't post the link here but, it is him. The family does not have the money to repatriate him.
Yael was only 15 years old when he crossed the border. Very sad...

RIP EYAC!

MOO JMO
That’s so sad! I’m wondering why they just have it listed as a possible name since it’s known there’s such a good chance that’s him and you have proof?
So he would technically be unclaimed, not unidentified, correct? He’s listed as unidentified.

Last edited:
BBM
He could be in possession of stolen ID documents. MOO JMO
Potentially. But there’s a FB page for this kid with that name on it and he’s wearing his bracelet. Could potentially be a fake ID, such as a learner’s permit (I would say driver’s license but he was apparently 15) or passport.

MOO

Potentially. But there’s a FB page for this kid with that name on it and he’s wearing his bracelet. Could potentially be a fake ID, such as a learner’s permit (I would say driver’s license but he was apparently 15) or passport.

MOO
A Facebook profile is not a "legal document" that LE could use to identify someone... Not without a SW to confirm it belongs to X person.
I don't know what the procedures to formally identify a dead person are. Do they have to "see" the body? Sign any documentation? If the family does not have the means to repatriate the body, they probably don't have the means to travel to the US either... I'm just speculating.

MOO JMO

A Facebook profile is not a "legal document" that LE could use to identify someone... Not without a SW to confirm it belongs to X person.
I don't know what the procedures to formally identify a dead person are. Do they have to "see" the body? Sign any documentation? If the family does not have the means to repatriate the body, they probably don't have the means to travel to the US either... I'm just speculating.

MOO JMO
I know that. I mean that Yael could have had a fake ID ON HIS PERSON. I just worded it a bit weirdly. Sorry. But it could be a clue in a case. Like “I found this Facebook page, it has the potential name of this unidentified decedent, and looks similar/has a very unique and important possession that the UID has. He doesn’t have any ID on his person so
I don’t know for sure it is him.”
It isn’t a legal document but hopefully a clue. I believed I had spotted a UID in life a few days before he turned up dead. The guy I saw matched that UID to a T. Every characteristic, even the distinctive haircut. I contacted Forensics Dept and LE.

MOO JMO

This article is from 2018 but very informative and elucidates how difficult it can be to identify and repatriate a body.
The story of Elmer goes back to 2012. Hopefully things have changed since then.

Identifying migrant remains in South Texas: policy and practice

BBM

"On May 1, 2013, a woman named Marta Iraheta, spoke to a crowd in Houston about her nephew Elmer who was dehydrated, hurt, and left to die in the South Texas desert [5]. Elmer was found on Palo Blanco ranch in July of 2012 and buried in the Brooks County cemetery, Sacred Heart Burial Park, in Falfurrias, Texas, with a temporary grave marker. Marta called the Colibrí Center for Human Rights to see if they could help, at which time she informed Colibrí that Elmer was buried at Sacred Heart and the funeral home was going to charge her thousands of dollars for exhumation, several hundred dollars to take a DNA sample, and $100.00 per day to store the remains until Elmer could be repatriated to El Salvador [6]. "

MOO JMO

I'm glad you called it in, regardless of if LE in the US and/or Mexico is already aware. I really hope his family gets to bring him home and he can be formally identified. He was so young.

This article is from 2018 but very informative and elucidates how difficult it can be to identify and repatriate a body.
The story of Elmer goes back to 2012. Hopefully things have changed since then.

Identifying migrant remains in South Texas: policy and practice

BBM

"On May 1, 2013, a woman named Marta Iraheta, spoke to a crowd in Houston about her nephew Elmer who was dehydrated, hurt, and left to die in the South Texas desert [5]. Elmer was found on Palo Blanco ranch in July of 2012 and buried in the Brooks County cemetery, Sacred Heart Burial Park, in Falfurrias, Texas, with a temporary grave marker. Marta called the Colibrí Center for Human Rights to see if they could help, at which time she informed Colibrí that Elmer was buried at Sacred Heart and the funeral home was going to charge her thousands of dollars for exhumation, several hundred dollars to take a DNA sample, and $100.00 per day to store the remains until Elmer could be repatriated to El Salvador [6]. "

MOO JMO
Thank you Pat. Yes, this is the harsh, heartbreaking reality for many families. If their missing family members are even found after crossing the border. In this thread there is much more to read about it, for those who are interested.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKP
Back